Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I am really enjoying this election season

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

I am really enjoying this election season

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:03 am

As I suspected, Trump is giving the finger to the GOP if they rig the convention. The GOP just split apart. Which asshole should you go with? It doesn't matter, you just lost to Hillary.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... an-nominee

Now, with only three candidates remaining in the race, the loyalty pledge appears to be all but dead.

Tuesday night during a CNN town hall in Milwaukee, Wis., moderator Anderson Cooper asked Trump whether he is sticking with his pledge to support the nominee.

"No, I don't anymore," Trump said. "No, we'll see who it is."

And with respect to his contentious relationship with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, Trump appeared to release Cruz from the pledge as well.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Re: I am really enjoying this election season

Post by audiophile » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:57 pm

Support and Running as Third-Party are two different things...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:02 pm

audiophile wrote:Support and Running as Third-Party are two different things...
Either way it's a bad omen for the GOP... Toast is burning the house down and the elephant is still inside...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:27 pm

"Which asshole should you go with? It doesn't matter, you just lost to Hillary."
Those 14 words are the entire story of the 2016 Presidential election. I enjoy the economy of the statement.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:41 pm

TC Talks wrote: It doesn't matter, you just lost to Hillary.
Maybe Not...

http://www.factdc.org/#!FACT-Releases-T ... aa2194df34

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote: It doesn't matter, you just lost to Hillary.
Maybe Not...

http://www.factdc.org/#!FACT-Releases-T ... aa2194df34
This would have hurt her already if it was going to do serious damage... It hasn't.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:44 pm

You think you're candidate is Russia in 1980, when in reality she's today's Toronto Maple Leafs.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:47 pm

NS8401 wrote: This would have hurt her already if it was going to do serious damage... It hasn't.
You neglect to consider the effects of more damaging information coming out or of a recommendation for indictment will have. Both real possibilities.

Currently HilLIEry's unfavorability rating is 54.7 according to HuffPo. It can only get worse as more information comes out.

You always talk about independents. It's even higher with that group..

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pol ... ble-rating

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:31 pm

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote: This would have hurt her already if it was going to do serious damage... It hasn't.
You neglect to consider the effects of more damaging information coming out or of a recommendation for indictment will have. Both real possibilities.

Currently HilLIEry's unfavorability rating is 54.7 according to HuffPo. It can only get worse as more information comes out.

You always talk about independents. It's even higher with that group..

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pol ... ble-rating
It's not even that likely she'll be indicted... It's been pointed out that even Patreus giving his reporter mistress classified information wasn't a chargeable crime... It's not likely Hillary's emails will generate an indictment at this stage. They'd have done it by now if they thought they had a good case...

SoupySez

Post by SoupySez » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:01 pm

I'm surprised that someone hasn't already begun their presidential campaign for 2020.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:16 pm

The Republican establishment is so desperate for a winning candidate they are seriously looking at Ted Cruz, someone they wouldn't have even considered six months ago.

Meanwhile the obvious candidate is right under their nose. Hillary. Her thinking is more in line with traditional Republican values than that of any other candidate from either of the parties. She shares their same pro-capitalist, anti-working class ideology.

All the republicans need to do is persuade her to defect the their party. Shouldn't be too hard.

Sure she can be bought. Just ask the big banks.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:31 pm

TT wrote:Meanwhile the obvious candidate is right under their nose. Hillary. Her thinking is more in line with traditional Republican values than that of any other candidate from either of the parties. She shares their same pro-capitalist, anti-working class ideology.

All the republicans need to do is persuade her to defect the their party. Shouldn't be too hard.

Ha, Ha... very funny. But, really not.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:34 am

Turkeytop wrote:The Republican establishment is so desperate for a winning candidate they are seriously looking at Ted Cruz, someone they wouldn't have even considered six months ago.

Meanwhile the obvious candidate is right under their nose. Hillary. Her thinking is more in line with traditional Republican values than that of any other candidate from either of the parties. She shares their same pro-capitalist, anti-working class ideology.

Hillary is nowhere near being a Republican.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:13 am

Matt wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:The Republican establishment is so desperate for a winning candidate they are seriously looking at Ted Cruz, someone they wouldn't have even considered six months ago.

Hillary is nowhere near being a Republican.
A fairly moderate or even slightly conservative Democrat maybe... She and Bill are not progressives and never have been.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:14 pm

So where do the racists go when Trump loses?

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/01/uh_oh_w ... ump_loses/

But what happens when his campaign fails, as it almost certainly will? Trump is openly at war with his own party, and even if that badly splintered organization magically unites behind him after the convention, there simply are not enough angry white people in America to elect him president. Where will all that anger, which has been slowly building among America’s white working class for half a century, go once it is left without a viable political outlet?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic