Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kasich gets very cranky!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Kasich gets very cranky!

Post by Bryce » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:44 pm

NS8401 wrote: Cruz has a thin resume at best...
OK, so tell me what was contained in the resume of JFK, at the time he ran for President, that was superior to that of Ted Cruz? Marilyn Monroe doesn't count.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:19 pm

Bryce wrote:
OK, so tell me what was contained in the resume of JFK, at the time he ran for President, that was superior to that of Ted Cruz? Marilyn Monroe doesn't count.
Rafael was the solicitor general of Texas and he argued in front of the Supreme Court using some of his college work in support of his argument without reporting the conflict of interest as rules require... Yawn. That's it. Thin thin thin. Other than that he was a senator.

Edit... Never mind he was a bureaucrat and political operative for awhile in addition... I'm surprised Bryce would consider that accomplished... :lol:

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:51 am

NS8401 wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Rafael was the solicitor general of Texas and he argued in front of the Supreme Court using some of his college work in support of his argument without reporting the conflict of interest as rules require... Yawn. That's it. Thin thin thin. Other than that he was a senator.

Edit... Never mind he was a bureaucrat and political operative for awhile in addition... I'm surprised Bryce would consider that accomplished... :lol:
LOL...

You missed a few items.

Graduated cum laude from Princeton University in 1992. (unlike a certain individual, I bet you he'd me more than happy to share his grades)

Graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1995. (ditto)

Served as a law clerk to Chief Justice William Rehnquist.

Cruz has authored 80+ SCOTUS briefs and presented 40+ oral arguments before The Court.

Cruz served as a law clerk to Chief Justice William Rehnquist.

Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission.

Domestic Policy Advisor to U.S. President George W. Bush on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign.

Served as Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to 2008, making him the first Hispanic Solicitor General in Texas, the youngest Solicitor General in the entire country and the longest tenure in Texas history.

Cruz has authored 80+ SCOTUS briefs and presented 40+ oral arguments before The Court:

In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz assembled a coalition of 31 states in defense of the principle that the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms. In addition to his victory in Heller, Cruz has successfully defended the Ten Commandments monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds, the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools and the majority of the 2003 Texas redistricting plan. Cruz also successfully defended, in Medellin v. Texas, the State of Texas against an attempt by the International Court of Justice to re-open the criminal convictions of 51 murderers on death row throughout the United States.

The vast majority of lawyers will NEVER argue a case before the SCOTUS. Ted did it NINE times putting him in a rare class indeed. Gaining a clear cut victory in two of the cases, mixed results in three and losses in four of them.

AWARDS:
"America's Leading Lawyers for Business," Chambers USA (2009 & 2010)
"50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America," National Law Journal (2008)
"25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century," Texas Lawyer (2010)
"20 Young Hispanic Americans on the Rise," Newsweek (1999)
Traphagen Distinguished Alumnus, Harvard Law School

Now, would you care to compare the accomplishments and resume of JFK prior to running? Please? Pretty Please? How about that of your friend that is currently sitting in the oval office?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:55 am

When you are Texas Solicitor General you tend to argue things before the Supreme Court. Texas is a loud and obnoxious Red state...

Most of that is fairly pedestrian.. I don't see how it somehow eminently qualifies him to lead the free world. It's mostly political hack and bureaucratic stuff...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:24 am

Bryce wrote:
Now, would you care to compare the accomplishments and resume of JFK prior to running? Please? Pretty Please? How about that of your friend that is currently sitting in the oval office?
I didn't think you would.

Your rebuttal was rather Trumpian.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:50 am

Actually Cruz's experience really makes him like the Republican Obama. Cruz's father was foreign born, he went to an Ivy League school, graduated Harvard Law, was a law proffessor, held a state level office and eventually elected to the US Senate.
Sounds eerily similar.

Except this guy has the birth certificate to show that he actually was not born in the US.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:20 am

JackAttack FM wrote:Actually Cruz's experience really makes him like the Republican Obama. Cruz's father was foreign born, he went to an Ivy League school, graduated Harvard Law, was a law proffessor, held a state level office and eventually elected to the US Senate.
Sounds eerily similar.

Except this guy has the birth certificate to show that he actually was not born in the US.
Well, except:

One, instead of just teaching Constitutional Law, he actually argued and WON cases before the SCOTUS.

Two, he was a partner at the law firm he worked at not just a flunky.

Three, while in the Senate, instead of just voting present much of the time, he actually sponsored 25 pieces of legislation in his freshman year. Two of them made it through the Senate which made him the fourth most successful Senator in his party. Again, as a freshman.

At a time that our Constitution, our very way of life, is under constant attack from the left and foreign interests, I can think of no one better to be the leader of our country.
The U.S. Census Bureau defines 'native born' U.S. citizens as anyone born with U.S. citizenship under the law which also includes people born abroad to one or two U.S. citizen parents.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:43 am

Another similarity, they both worked at law firms.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:10 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:
Which one was deemed good enough to be made a full partner?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
JackAttack FM wrote:
Which one was deemed good enough to be made a full partner?
You're grasping at straws while you split hairs...

The guy will do anything to get into the White House... He's not a man of integrity.. He's a fast talking weasel... Or if you prefer an absolute slimeball with a thin resume...

Nothing is under assault by the way... I haven't seen the sky begin to fall yet... When some of it hits me in the head I might pay attention...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:09 pm

Trump probably has the thinnest resume. Used car salesman.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:12 pm

audiophile wrote:Trump probably has the thinnest resume. Used car salesman.
Or steak salesman...

jry

Post by jry » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:02 pm

He gotten snippy with a few of the tv folks. Last night he kind of snapped at Greta. I think it was last nigh. Who knows, this political cycle has turned into a blur.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:34 pm

NS8401 wrote: You're grasping at straws while you split hairs...
To not be able to comprehend the difference between working at a law firm, and being a full partner, makes you look kind of ignorant.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote: You're grasping at straws while you split hairs...
To not be able to comprehend the difference between working at a law firm, and being a full partner, makes you look kind of ignorant.
He was a lawyer working there, I think I saw a reference to junior partner somewhere... Big friggin deal that Cruz was a partner... There is NOTHING in his credentials that says "get your leader of the free world right here!" To me about PeeWee...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic