Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mitch Freezes Up

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Mitch Freezes Up

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:00 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:25 am
Good luck to you, Mitch. Stay well.
I have no ill will for an older gentleman who has dedicated his life to public service. I have issue with someone who should have retired and refuses to.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:33 am

I wish him well also, and I won't even go so far as to say he should retire from being a Senator, but I do believe the time has come from him to step down from a leadership role.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:48 am

The IT Crowd cracks me up too.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:13 pm

Here is how the handlers are spinning his freeze frame...
“I have consulted with Leader McConnell and conferred with his neurology team,” Brian P. Monahan, the attending physician to Congress, said in a statement Thursday. “After evaluating yesterday’s incident, I have informed Leader McConnell that he is medically clear to continue with his schedule as planned.”

Monahan added: “Occasional lightheadedness is not uncommon in concussion recovery and can also be expected as a result of dehydration.” He referred to an incident in early March in which McConnell fell and suffered a concussion and a broken rib at a private dinner at a Washington hotel. The Kentucky Republican was absent from the Senate for nearly six weeks as he recovered from his injuries. He returned to the Senate in April.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:44 pm

I do wish McConnell the best as well as Dianne.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:13 pm
Here is how the handlers are spinning his freeze frame...
“I have consulted with Leader McConnell and conferred with his neurology team,” Brian P. Monahan, the attending physician to Congress, said in a statement Thursday. “After evaluating yesterday’s incident, I have informed Leader McConnell that he is medically clear to continue with his schedule as planned.”

Monahan added: “Occasional lightheadedness is not uncommon in concussion recovery and can also be expected as a result of dehydration.” He referred to an incident in early March in which McConnell fell and suffered a concussion and a broken rib at a private dinner at a Washington hotel. The Kentucky Republican was absent from the Senate for nearly six weeks as he recovered from his injuries. He returned to the Senate in April.
I had a friend in his late 70’s who did this freeze up thing in my prescence and several other times I heard about. They were TIA’s or basically mini strokes. The symptoms passed after about 30 minutes and he was fine again.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:02 pm

No fan of Mitch, but I wish him the best of health. If its indeed TIA'S, he's at a higher chance of having a major stroke in the future. He really needs to step down from his Senate Minority Leader role.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:46 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:02 pm
No fan of Mitch, but I wish him the best of health. If its indeed TIA'S, he's at a higher chance of having a major stroke in the future. He really needs to step down from his Senate Minority Leader role.
Like you I wish him the best.
But no matter what this health issue is, he should not seek reelection.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic