Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Israeli Army vs Palestine Civilians

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
lidoshuffle

Re: Israeli Army vs Palestine Civilians

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:22 am

"Israeli Army vs. Palestine Civilians" is the quote....(lolololol)
"Israeli Army defends against unprovoked attacks by the terrorist organization Hamas"
Just thought I'd fix that,
I doubt very much the Israeli Army has the the mind set of "Us vs. all Palestinian civilians"...
Really "TC", you just can't bring yourself to type "Hamas attacks Israel, Israeli Defense retaliates"....can you?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:57 am

Why isn't ANY other country in the area -most of whom also share a number of commonalities (like religion or language) with the Palestinian folks, offering to take in "innocent civilians" from the Gaza strip to protect them from this war, regardless who started it?? Wouldn't that truly be right thing to do? They wouldn't even have to fly transport planes in to
do it, as it'd be an EASY bus ride to several neighboring areas. And it wouldn't have to be permanent, as once the conflict is over they could return and resettle. I'd even be supportive if the U.N. funded and oversaw such temporary relocating and accommodations.

Then the two sides could go about their business of settling the issue militarily. Completely.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:56 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:57 am
Why isn't ANY other country in the area -most of whom also share a number of commonalities (like religion or language) with the Palestinian folks, offering to take in "innocent civilians" from the Gaza strip to protect them from this war, regardless who started it?? Wouldn't that truly be right thing to do? They wouldn't even have to fly transport planes in to
do it, as it'd be an EASY bus ride to several neighboring areas. And it wouldn't have to be permanent, as once the conflict is over they could return and resettle. I'd even be supportive if the U.N. funded and oversaw such temporary relocating and accommodations.

Then the two sides could go about their business of settling the issue militarily. Completely.
Because there is more to be gained strategically from the mowing down of as many civilians as possible...

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:06 pm

I ha e tried to stay nice about all this as I understand the innocent people angle but this needs to be said and I don't care who disagrees with me. And I say this knowing as a Jew I can be viewed as having a reason to take sides. Israel was attacked by a enemy who doesn't care about whose life they take as long as it is on Jewish soil. I believe the count was dead from 30 different countries. So why the fuck should Israel play any different? Take the same mindset Hamas did. Achieve your goal matter what. And they will achieve that's goal or at least come close until forced to submit to a cease fire when the countries on the outside see how much they are beating the enemy and decide only them to step in.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:52 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:06 pm
I ha e tried to stay nice about all this as I understand the innocent people angle but this needs to be said and I don't care who disagrees with me. And I say this knowing as a Jew I can be viewed as having a reason to take sides. Israel was attacked by a enemy who doesn't care about whose life they take as long as it is on Jewish soil. I believe the count was dead from 30 different countries. So why the fuck should Israel play any different? Take the same mindset Hamas did. Achieve your goal matter what. And they will achieve that's goal or at least come close until forced to submit to a cease fire when the countries on the outside see how much they are beating the enemy and decide only them to step in.
If Israel is really important to the rest of the world then some country (probably us) should offer up an equal sized piece of land that they can have where they'll be 100% guaranteed to be safe.

Since that doesn't ever happen and the entire world decided the best place for them is in their historical homeland which is an absolute undeniable hornets nest I can infer nobody really cares a lot about it's existence or a Jewish state. A large number of Evangelical Christians believe that the creation of the state of Israel means we are in biblical end times and that's why they get so fixated on it. They believe there will be a Great War and Christ will come back and that triggers the 1000 years of peace on Earth he will supposedly rule over. They are much better off with the land in Wyoming I was offering because the Republican love affair with Israel has some ulterior motives they REALLY REALLY REALLY should want absolutely nothing to do with because they'll convert or be sent straight to hell.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:56 pm

Climate wise wouldn't the desert southwest be more in line with their current homeland. FYI I agree with you.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:41 pm

So terrorists kill civilians, so Israel should be able to kill civilians? How does this work exactly?

Sounds like the gateway to generations of fighting between two groups.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:02 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:56 pm
Climate wise wouldn't the desert southwest be more in line with their current homeland. FYI I agree with you.
I thought about that after I posted it… in that regard I’m torn between Nevada and Arizona… somehow Nevada seems to have room and a similar climate… I don’t know that much about western Colorado or New Mexico.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:04 pm

I would go with Nevada and TC talks, have you been asleep? They have been fighting for generations.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:24 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:04 pm
I would go with Nevada and TC talks, have you been asleep? They have been fighting for generations.
And?
Despite American unrest, the world is most civil it's ever been.
― Matt

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:44 pm

How many wars going on right now? Israel, Russian, Yemen just to name three.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:50 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:44 pm
How many wars going on right now? Israel, Russian, Yemen just to name three.
It all comes down to what one considers peace, but we could be at the height of peace.
Pinker cites a number of trends through history he feels support the idea that despite the seemingly continual carnage in the world, we have actually inched toward a more civil society. Our transition from hunter–gatherers to farmers is thought to have reduced violent death fivefold; between the Middle Ages and the 20th century, Europe saw a 10- to 50-fold drop in murder; and in the 70-plus years since World War II warring among the leading powers has for the most part stopped, a first in the history of civilization.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... t-so-fast/
― Matt

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:04 pm

I don't know, TCT. We may not be dropping bombs and shooting rockets, but I wouldn't exactly call it "peace" here in America. A few of us at work last week were talking about how a game of "ding, dong, ditch" that we would play as kids could now become a fatal evening out for the wrong kid. I would love absolute peace throughout the world, even at this age. I guess the idealist in me never went away.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:18 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:04 pm
I don't know, TCT. We may not be dropping bombs and shooting rockets, but I wouldn't exactly call it "peace" here in America. A few of us at work last week were talking about how a game of "ding, dong, ditch" that we would play as kids could now become a fatal evening out for the wrong kid. I would love absolute peace throughout the world, even at this age. I guess the idealist in me never went away.
The media bringing us constant violence and “look what happened 3 neighborhoods over from you!!!!!! ARE YOU SAFE????” Has messed with the part of our brains that is in charge of evaluating danger and overloaded the part that deals with numbers. A spree of 5 robberies or a murder on the next block sounds bad… but your odds are way lower than the supposed “it could happen to anyone!” Thing would have you believe. The same with the 35 people effected a day out of 4.5 million in the metro area every night on the news… the odds of something happening to you are quite low and news is by default unusual. 20 stories about a quiet street for the day won’t sell. Neither will ma frickert baking an apple pie. If the pie gets stolen that’s news however.

Things aren’t nearly as bad as people make them out to be. But the more information we have the less we can handle it apparently.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:16 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:41 pm
So terrorists kill civilians, so Israel should be able to kill civilians? How does this work exactly?

Sounds like the gateway to generations of fighting between two groups.
You really are an ignorant fuck.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic