Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

So, how did those stimulus checks work out for you?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: So, how did those stimulus checks work out for you?

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:12 pm

Excellent suggestions MW. I have suggested things similar the last two here before. I believe better product marking would be helpful. I sometimes can't find where things are made on the product, and it should be easy to spot.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:59 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:20 am
It would be uneconomical to produce everything we import domestically. The key is to ensure sufficient production capacity exists domestically to support goods critical for our economic survival and our national security.

Chip makers have begun construction of new plants both here in the U.S. and in eastern Asia, but those facilities probably won't be ready for production until 2024.

Your question is a great one and I have no good answer.

Components of a possible solution:
- Restrict access to domestic markets unless a certain percentage of product is manufactured here in the U.S.
- Create a national emergency stockpile of essential goods
- Dump the current federal corporate income tax in favor of a border adjustment tax
- Remove as much red tape as practicable to allow for re-use of dormant or abandoned manufacturing sites.
These are decent ideas, but they seem like they are aimed at manufacturing and are contingent on the U.S. having a workforce prepared for those manufacturing jobs. One of the reasons that businesses in the U.S. have moved to Asia is that workers are prepared for the more complex manufacturing jobs that exist today.

https://redshift.autodesk.com/upskilling-employees/

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:42 pm

Yes - vocational / skilled trades training needs to be part of a solution. LEGAL immigration can be utilized to help fill employment needs, too.

In some professions, human resource availability is certainly a constraint.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic