Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Netanyahu jeopardizes US relationship

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: Netanyahu jeopardizes US relationship

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun May 12, 2024 4:26 pm

And then there's people like me, who just want peace.

Apparently that's the only option never on the table. With anything.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun May 12, 2024 6:42 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 2:32 pm
Tens of thousands of people across Israel joined the families of hostages this weekend to protest against the government and call for the removal of Benjamin Netanyahu, as the Israeli prime minister grappled with one of the most serious threats yet to his coalition.

The protesters in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, Be’er Sheva, Caesarea and other cities on Saturday – and at a further demonstration outside the Knesset in Jerusalem on Sunday – demanded the release of those still held captive in Gaza after close to six months, and labelled Netanyahu an “obstacle to the deal”, vowing to persist until he leaves power
The families of hostages have urged ministers, including Netanyahu’s political rival and war cabinet minister Benny Gantz, to unite with other MKs in removing Netanyahu from power, accusing the PM of deliberately sabotaging efforts to secure the release of their relatives.
Lets just say the "Tens of thousand" actually were 99,000 just by the number.

The country has about 10 million population, so those "Tens of thousands" are, at best, 0.9% of the country?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun May 12, 2024 6:44 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 3:43 pm
Bail Bonds wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 12:44 am
Netanyahu's actions are a response to the existential threats posed by Hamas, which has a long history of aggression towards Israel. The high casualty toll is tragic but should be attributed to Hamas, which uses civilian areas as shields for its military operations. While the strain on the U.S.-Israel relationship is regrettable, Israel's security decisions are imperative in safeguarding its citizens. Netanyahu's tough stance is necessary to dismantle Hamas's capabilities and ensure Israel's long-term stability and security.
The failure is the disproportional response by Netanyahu. It's analogous to neighbors having a long running dispute about a pet. One day a neighbor goes out and shoots the pet. In response the other neighbor shoots the neighbor's pet, shoots the family and burns the house down.

(Before anyone pipes up about any moral, ethnic or religious implications, I'm using this example as disproportional response. Nothing more, nothing less.
To be more accurate, that neighbor has killed every puppy you brought home for the last 10 years, and that response was just after the LAST one was torn limb-from-limb and then burned alive in front of the whole family.

Do I feel bad about a "disproportionate" response? F NO.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 12, 2024 7:46 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:44 pm
To be more accurate, that neighbor has killed every puppy you brought home for the last 10 years, and that response was just after the LAST one was torn limb-from-limb and then burned alive in front of the whole family.

Do I feel bad about a "disproportionate" response? F NO.
Was my neighbor's name Kristi Lynn Noem? Because she just went down in flames.

I'm sure there are people as psychopathic as you in most countries, but not more than those who are protesting for Netanyahu's removal. BTW, it's not just protesters, it's MP's too.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 12, 2024 7:51 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:46 pm
I'm sure there are people as psychopathic as you in most countries, but not more than those who are protesting for Netanyahu's removal. BTW, it's not just protesters, it's MP's too.
...says the person who expressed support for Hamas paratroopers and supports Iran funding Hamas.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun May 12, 2024 8:10 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 3:43 pm
(Before anyone pipes up about any moral, ethnic or religious implications, I'm using this example as disproportional response. Nothing more, nothing less.
Thanks for your disclaimer explaining to us that when it comes to military operations, you don't understand what the principles of proportionality actually are. Proportionality has nothing to do with your response being proportional to the attack to which you are responding, but rather the military gain being proportional to the damage caused to the civilian population. In other words, if your attack doesn't gain you much militarily or gain you much of a strategic advantage in a broader war, then excessive civilian casualties it not acceptable.

From Israel's 1998 manual on the rules of war:
Even when it is not possible to isolate the civilians from an assault and there is no other recourse but to attack, this does not constitute a green light to inflict unbridled harm on civilians. The commander is required to refrain from an attack that is expected to inflict harm on the civilian population that is disproportionate to the expected military gain.

Bail Bonds

Post by Bail Bonds » Sun May 12, 2024 8:36 pm

Whether or not the response is disproportionate depends on the scale and dimensions measured.

If we look at it from the standpoint of scale being what they are capable of doing, then Hamas is doing all they can do. This is relevant because if they could do more, they would. If we look at the issue from a temporal standpoint, then it is evident that there is a long-standing interest on the side of Hamas toward the destruction of Israel. Every time this happens, Israel clobbers some terrorists and the world coddles the terrorists in return, begging them to stop. What is the learned behavior from all this? I would say the terrorists are learning that there's no real consequences and that innocent people make excellent shields.

I am far from Israel's biggest fan, but if you look at this whole situation objectively, its time to let them do their worst. HAM ASS needs to learn their lesson.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 12, 2024 10:04 pm

Bail Bonds wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:36 pm
I am far from Israel's biggest fan, but if you look at this whole situation objectively, its time to let them do their worst. HAM ASS needs to learn their lesson.
By killing thousands of civilians? That just creates more radicals.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 13, 2024 12:48 am

Round Six wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 2:07 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:57 pm
There are high odds he and his government get the boot from within soon. He’s not popular there.
I'm curious how you were able to ascertain the citizens of Israel are disgruntled over how their leaders are dealing with Hamas.
Opinion polls from within Israel, Netanyahu already being unpopular there overall… protests against the conscription efforts there… the list goes on…

Bail Bonds

Post by Bail Bonds » Mon May 13, 2024 4:11 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 10:04 pm
Bail Bonds wrote:
If the civilians come to fear Israel more than Ham Ass, then they will stop letting themselves be shields. The civilians aren't 100% innocent here. They let Ham Ass infiltrate their entire system.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon May 13, 2024 9:07 am

It is my belief that few if any of the hostages Hamas took are still alive.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 13, 2024 10:18 am

Was hostage recovery really Netanyahu's goal?
― Matt

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 13, 2024 10:19 am

Bail Bonds wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 4:11 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 10:04 pm
Bail Bonds wrote:
If the civilians come to fear Israel more than Ham Ass, then they will stop letting themselves be shields. The civilians aren't 100% innocent here. They let Ham Ass infiltrate their entire system.
You should keep learning about radicalized civilians, history has disproven what you suggest will happen.
― Matt

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon May 13, 2024 10:29 am

Your response is troubling to say the least and I will leave it at that.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 13, 2024 11:12 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 10:18 am
I’m certain it was his goal. He may be a zealot but he’s gonna use that zealotry to get the hostages back if possible.

I don’t know that they are dead either. They are worth far more alive than they are dead. Unless we suppose Hamas has no goal to win anything and doesn’t care but that wouldn’t make much sense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic