All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Rand Paul Fears Someone Will Be Killed

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
906XJ

Re: Rand Paul Fears Someone Will Be Killed

Post by 906XJ » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:42 pm

80ssports wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:30 pm
I have seen many "normal" acquaintences of mine whom are Democrats become irrational due to their hate for Trump and are thinking that civil unrest is the next step.
That would be a very, very, very bad idea.

I don't think a lot of these folks understand the gravity of "civil unrest". It isn't pretty. Within a few days they will be begging the government that they rail against to protect them.

Seriously... a lot of people are exhibiting great restraint with the tantrum throwers. The next "shot heard around the world" could be right around the corner.

Let's hope and pray that cooler heads prevail.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 am

906XJ wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:42 pm
80ssports wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:30 pm
I have seen many "normal" acquaintences of mine whom are Democrats become irrational due to their hate for Trump and are thinking that civil unrest is the next step.
That would be a very, very, very bad idea.

I don't think a lot of these folks understand the gravity of "civil unrest". It isn't pretty. Within a few days they will be begging the government that they rail against to protect them.

Seriously... a lot of people are exhibiting great restraint with the tantrum throwers. The next "shot heard around the world" could be right around the corner.

Let's hope and pray that cooler heads prevail.
99% of what I see in conservative media as a “mob” is just a bunch of people standing there calmly... don’t you guys have anything better? Even something that meets the dictionary definition Of a “mob”? Once in a while I see some Antifa folks (an umbrella term and not an actual organization incidentally) getting a bit unruly but other than that this is much ado about nothing...

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:06 am

Who said "mob"?

Look, I've been on the road, sleeping in a camper since July 11. I don't watch TV, and I don't listen to talk radio... you'll notice that I haven't been commenting much here.

What I'm saying is that if idiots like you and SG are running the ship, you dumb fucks will end up on the rocks in a quick hurry.

Oh, and by the way, it was the other guy that brought up the "civil unrest" as mentioned to him by his leftist friends.

Now get off my jock kid.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:07 am

906XJ wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:06 am
Who said "mob"?

Look, I've been on the road, sleeping in a camper since July 11. I don't watch TV, and I don't listen to talk radio... you'll notice that I haven't been commenting much here.

What I'm saying is that if idiots like you and SG are running the ship, you dumb fucks will end up on the rocks in a quick hurry.

Oh, and by the way, it was the other guy that brought up the "civil unrest" as mentioned to him by his leftist friends.

Now get off my jock kid.
You might try reading a little... it’ll do wonders for your bedside manner... it’ll also get you caught up... if a week is a long time in politics then you’ve been out of the loop for an eternity...

But don’t lump me in with him... that’s you going low and I could kick you but I’ll go high instead. Look it up.
Last edited by NS8401 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:08 am

You might try growing up, it will do wonders for your perspective.

Dismissed.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:11 am

906XJ wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:08 am
You might try growing up, it will do wonders for your perspective.

Dismissed.
Yes because you are the pillar of maturity... :lol

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:16 am

Maturity has nothing to do with it kid.

Don't you get it?

You idiots are playing the short game... they are playing the long game.

Fed judges are stacking hard to the right... two... count them... TWO... SCOTUS picks, with a possible third coming soon.

You dumb fuckers are whistling past the graveyard, hanging your hopes on Mueller and the blue wave.

LOL...

Yeah, try reading sometime...

LMAO!

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:21 am

906XJ wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:16 am
Maturity has nothing to do with it kid.

Don't you get it?

You idiots are playing the short game... they are playing the long game.

Fed judges are stacking hard to the right... two... count them... TWO... SCOTUS picks, with a possible third coming soon.

You dumb fuckers are whistling past the graveyard, hanging your hopes on Mueller and the blue wave.

LOL...

Yeah, try reading sometime...

LMAO!
So if the Democrats capture the house and give the GOP endless investigations (huh that sounds familiar I wonder who started that tradition with some rule changes a few years back?) and go after Kavanaugh for perjury and try to impeach him come January none of that will matter? Look I’m not a mathematician but I have enough sense to be able to see that a party with a base that’s largely north of 50 that can’t bring young people and minorities into the fold has some major long term problems no matter what happens in 26 days...

And since Supreme Court size is a flexible thing the court can legally be expanded to include say 5 or 6 more Democrats and the other half of that is that people can just ignore SCOTUS rulings... respect for the court is about all that makes people adhere to them... they are completely unenforceable and non-binding... so they can play the long game and that’s fine but at the risk of being completely ignored and rendered irrelevant...

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:30 am

So, you advocate ignoring the interpretation of the Constitution as long as it doesn't fit you agenda?

Is that it?

Don't bother responding if your answer is, "Well they started it".

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:14 am

906XJ wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:30 am
So, you advocate ignoring the interpretation of the Constitution as long as it doesn't fit you agenda?

Is that it?

Don't bother responding if your answer is, "Well they started it".
No I’m merely stating two things you cannot dispute:
1) Judicial review by the Supreme Court is a precedent established in 1803. There is not a constitutionally mandated role for anybody to interpret anything in that document.

2) Court packing is easy to do as the number of seats on the court is rather flexible. It can be changed at will basically. If the court becomes politicized with an unpopular nominee (Kavanaugh works for our example) then states or the feds could simply not care and ignore the ruling. This has happened before. There is nothing binding about a SCOTUS ruling.

The very fact that we have this precedent process itself is rather unconstitutional... somehow I doubt SCOTUS would cede the power they shouldn’t have if we are going to hew as close to the constitution as we can.

Am I advocating this? No, but it is a distinct possibility and none of it would be earth shaking or new... history books are your friend. Brown V. Board of Ed. And Andrew Jackson’s experience trying to relocate the Seminole Indians from Florida to Indian Territory (Oklahoma) in the late 1820’s and early 1830’s come to mind. In the former the southern states ignored Brown for 15 years or so until the Feds said they’d lose funding if they didn’t integrate. In the latter the famous Andrew Jackson quote “Marshall has his ruling, now let him enforce it!” Was born. Ignoring the court isn’t new, their rulings are non binding and completely unenforceable.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:07 am

NS8401 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 am
99% of what I see in conservative media as a “mob” is just a bunch of people standing there calmly... don’t you guys have anything better? Even something that meets the dictionary definition Of a “mob”? Once in a while I see some Antifa folks (an umbrella term and not an actual organization incidentally) getting a bit unruly but other than that this is much ado about nothing...
I actually agree that the protest movement of recent days has been relatively peaceful. There have been, however, a sizable number of videos posted to various social media platforms depicting protesters engaging in violence. A small minority, but still noteworthy. Perhaps "cult" would be a better word to describe the group as a whole. What bugs me more than anything is the largely positive coverage they receive from the mainstream media.

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:44 am

Their rulings are non binding and completely unenforceable.

Perfect, we should start with Roe v Wade then?

I mean... why not?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Roe vs. Wade has been overturned. Legal abortion is no longer available anywhere within The United States. If you are pregnant and do not want to, or can’t carry and deliver a baby for any reason - your only other option is an illegal “back alley” abortion. If you go that route both the fetus AND you will very likely die - because an illegal abutchertion usually results in deadly infection and/or uncontrollable bleeding.

And here’s the difference in this imaginary scenario: in THIS overturning of Roe vs.Wade - ONLY MALES CONCEIVE AND CARRY AND DELIVER BABIES. FEMALES DO NOT.

So how does it feel to have the state control your body and your future? Very un-American. Like living in totalitarian China.

So many of us men don’t understand that abortion is - in reality - and in America - a personal decision of each pregnant female.

Let freedom ring.
Last edited by screen glare on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:12 pm

906XJ wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:44 am
Their rulings are non binding and completely unenforceable.

Perfect, we should start with Roe v Wade then?

I mean... why not?
And they certainly could... but the optics at the memoney of defying the Supreme Court don’t look good... if the courts image goes into the shitter... who knows?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:59 pm

screen glare wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:08 pm
Roe vs. Wade has been overturned. Legal abortion is no longer available anywhere within The United States.
So in your scenario, if and when the Supreme Court were to overturn Roe v. Wade, you're suggesting that all 50 states will pass laws banning abortion?

Get real. A handful of states at most would do so.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:08 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:59 pm
screen glare wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:08 pm
Roe vs. Wade has been overturned. Legal abortion is no longer available anywhere within The United States.
So in your scenario, if and when the Supreme Court were to overturn Roe v. Wade, you're suggesting that all 50 states will pass laws banning abortion?

Get real. A handful of states at most would do so.
And women would go to a state where it’s legal if they really wanted one... so such laws would be limited in their effectiveness but would certainly be symbolic at the least...

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:18 pm

But that's why I don't understand why the left is so feverishly bent on preventing the overturning of Roe v. Wade. With gun control being perhaps a close second, the abortion issue, and specifically Roe v. Wade, seems to be the biggest hot-button issue in this country today, and the mere thought of Roe v. Wade possibly being overturned seems to get a certain group of people riled up like nothing else can. Do they really believe that the overturning of this case law would lead to an outright nation-wide ban on abortions? I can only think of a few states that would pass outright bans, and maybe another handful that would place very very strict restrictions. I suspect the status quo would continue to exist in the majority of the country.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:28 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:18 pm
But that's why I don't understand why the left is so feverishly bent on preventing the overturning of Roe v. Wade. With gun control being perhaps a close second, the abortion issue, and specifically Roe v. Wade, seems to be the biggest hot-button issue in this country today, and the mere thought of Roe v. Wade possibly being overturned seems to get a certain group of people riled up like nothing else can. Do they really believe that the overturning of this case law would lead to an outright nation-wide ban on abortions? I can only think of a few states that would pass outright bans, and maybe another handful that would place very very strict restrictions. I suspect the status quo would continue to exist in the majority of the country.
It’s because they fear that the GOP will have control of Congress and will pass a nationwide ban which is something conservatives (evangelicals especially) have floated in passing in the past. Now at the same time if Roe V. wade was to disappear say tomorrow my understanding from what I have read is that we would revert to the patchwork of laws that existed pre 1973... I think at that time many of the states banned it outright... I wonder how many never bothered to take those laws off the books?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:07 am

Ah yes - the old patchwork! Each state decides to ban abortion - or to put such restrictions in place that it has the practical effect of a ban. And all pregnant boys and men (keeping with my “teaching more males empathy” example above) who want an abortion must figure out where to travel to obtain one, find a locale, and doctor, appointment date and time, find a place to stay while waiting near by, and how to afford all these things. Feels un-American. Feels like the state is controling the decision and life of the pregnant person. As though living in a communist country.

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:28 am

It's totally American... states rights and all...

I know you leftists feel that Uncle Sugar should have his fingers in every aspect of your worthless little life to coddle you and keep you from making bad decisions, but some of us don't feel that way. Some of us realize what a monster the Federal Government is and we don't want anything to do with it.

I just can't even with you people anymore.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic