All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Rand Paul Fears Someone Will Be Killed

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
screen glare

Rand Paul Fears Someone Will Be Killed

Post by screen glare » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:53 pm

This afternoon (10/9/18) US Senator Rand Paul said he fears post-Kavanaugh angry polarization will result in “someone being killed”/“assassination”. This is along side the demonstrable republican talking point this week of Kavanaugh protestors being called a “mob” or “mobs”. Along with the other talking point about most within said mobs consisting of “paid” protestors.

Is this conservative spin and this talking points language wise? I think not.

Hell - Rand Paul’s wife is even spouting off that she now sleeps with a loaded gun next to her bed for fear of liberals! Like the neighbor who beat up her husband on their lawn.

screen glare

Re: Rand Paul Fears Someone Will Be Killed

Post by screen glare » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:14 am

United States Senator from Kentucky Rand Paul is a libertarian. Do all or most libertarians support his public warning this week that he fears “somebody’s going to be killed” and in that same point he uses the word “assassination”?

In his position he knows a lot. Is his shocking public warning part of a plot to make it seem such a killing would be the organized secret work of women within the democratic party? When in fact it’s a cover for the work of organized secret forces who are moderste republicans within the government such as “former” republican moderates now “Trump supporters” within congress, and current republican moderates within the CIA, the FBI, the Pentagon, etc?

Why would ANY senator say such things publically?

80ssports

Post by 80ssports » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:30 pm

I'm sure he's right about that. I have seen many "normal" acquaintences of mine whom are Democrats become irrational due to their hate for Trump and are thinking that civil unrest is the next step. I've seen people on both sides move to the extreme of both sides, these are not good times right now.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:27 pm

I have never seen the Left so unhinged in any time I can remember. It's being stirred up, no doubt about it. It started when Trump started winning primaries, escalated when Trump was elected, and has gotten worse since then. It's worse than during the Vietnam War. At least then, it was directed at Democrats mainly. They hated Johnson and Humphrey. Then they hated Nixon even after he, for better or worse, pulled out of Vietnam.

I think Rand Paul is correct to be afraid of these out of control, useful idiot, nuts.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Perhaps Mr. Paul should be reminded someone already has been killed. Her name was Heather Heyer. She was from Charlottesville, Virginia. It happened in August of 2017. We were told there were very fine people on both sides of the incident.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:02 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:55 pm
Perhaps Mr. Paul should be reminded someone already has been killed. Her name was Heather Heyer. She was from Charlottesville, Virginia. It happened in August of 2017. We were told there were very fine people on both sides of the incident.
"Her name was Heather Heyer."

Plagiarism. You're not gonna give credit to who wrote the original quote? Or are you passing this off as an original thought of yours?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:33 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:02 pm
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:55 pm
"Her name was Heather Heyer."

Plagiarism. You're not gonna give credit to who wrote the original quote? Or are you passing this off as an original thought of yours?
In the past 10 days or so you've stated your support for a President who has shamed a sexual assault victim. You're now playing a game of attribution gotcha over a women who was brutally murdered. While I enjoy vigorous discussion of political events, you're getting into some dark shit I don't want to be any part of.

Put my on the 'ignore' list, do whatever you need to do to get yourself straight, but until that time leave me out of it. I hope sometime we're able to carry on a thoughtful discussion, but that time is not now. Good luck.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 pm

The "game" as you put it started when you dragged Ms. Heyer into this discussion. Remember saying the following nearly a year ago?
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:33 pm
I want to be clear, I'm loath to play the tit-for-tat game so many of you engage in and prop your arguments on. Right is right, wrong is wrong. That much I hope I've been unambiguous about.
Yet here you are, doing just that instead of addressing Rand Paul's statements about the crazy anti-Kavanaugh protesters out there and the violence they're engaged in.

And :rollin at you lecturing me about supposedly not taking a serious issue seriously and about you wanting to engage in "thoughtful discussion." I have no problem with sarcasm and wit, but those are the only 2 tools you use in here, EVER. I don't ever remember you once taking a single conversation in here seriously without your comments being laced with sarcasm or designed to make you look witty. Not once. And this time is no exception. The phrase "her name is..." is a way of talking down to Rand Paul as if you're morally superior and he's a walking piece of human garbage. And then I call you out for plagiarizing that phrase (which you did and apparently don't deny) and you go nuts (as I expected you would before I even read your response).

Bottom line is, if you're going to act like a pompous self-righteous asshole in literally every thread you post in, don't expect a serious discussion from me in response. And if you continue to play this game of "I'm morally superior to you and you're morally bankrupt" then I will continue to respond accordingly. If you don't like it, then just block me already. Don't worry, I won't lose any sleep over it if you do.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:19 pm

There was a guy that was shot and killed outside a house on the morning following the election, right after CNN finally admitted Trump won. The man had had an argument with some people in a bar and returned to the house where the people lived. I always suspected that the argument was about the election. But the details were never revealed.

As far as Christine Blasé Ford and Julie Swetnick and others are concerned, their accusations seem politically motivated and unprovable after all this time. Are we supposed to believe them just because they are women, and keep a good man off the court because of unprovable accusations decades ago? Any woman could accuse any man of doing these things and it would be he said she said. Regret or hurt feelings after consensual sexual incidents is not the same as sexual assault. Some men have been accused because women were hurt because the men rejected their advances. And if that ever becomes the evidentiary standard, the human race is finished. And yet, this has become the evidentiary standard on many college campuses.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:01 pm

Shall I remind everone that some bad shit crazy HilLIEry supporter already tried to kill. Republican's at baseball practice?

Take a look at what the alt left whaco's are doing in Portland. Rand is right.

~If the left didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all."~

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:59 pm

Who cares what that nitwit says. None of you have before.

(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:03 am

Whether a republican or democrat president - those in my lifetime - since Ike - have not engendered massive public protests - unless those protesting felt great fear - especially fear resulting from widely perceived injustice.

SOME examples? The civil disobedience and peaceful protests for civil rights, public protests against The Vietnam War, demonstrations for The ERA and women’s rights, massive street protests against Donald Trump’s anti-American dystopian authoritarianism.

Fear is the root of all civil unrest and protest. The fear that if we don’t take personal risk we’ll have to continue to live with deeply felt injustice that can kill us or destroy our constitutional rights.

Whenever there’s a massive protest movement it’s impotrant for a democracy to understand and make changes. In my lifetime MOST of those mass movements resulted in changes those protesting wanted to see.

I do agree Trump’s separation of families and imprisonment of children has been the greatest turning of the tide against his charachter, policies, and presidency. And the Kavanaugh travesty in the middle of the MeToo movement has pushed revulshion for our mentally ill president - unfit to serve - toward a reckoning. However I see that as - the election. Not assassination. So I think Rand Paul’s prediction is irresponsible - unless he’s part of a coverup over a moderate republican secret government plot - as I explained earlier in this thread.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:33 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:01 pm
Shall I remind everone that some bad shit crazy HilLIEry supporter already tried to kill. Republican's at baseball practice?

Take a look at what the alt left whaco's are doing in Portland. Rand is right.
Anarchists by definition don’t have a side... nice try though...

Radio Sucks

Post by Radio Sucks » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:13 am

Someone here using logic that I don't quite understand wrote:The phrase "her name is..." is a way of talking down to Rand Paul as if you're morally superior and he's a walking piece of human garbage. And then I call you out for plagiarizing that phrase (which you did and apparently don't deny) and you go nuts (as I expected you would before I even read your response).
So all of these people in the article below are plagiarists? And think Rand Paul is "human garbage"? Because they brought up a real point - someone has already been killed in the culture wars of the late 2010's?

No matter what your own personal beliefs are about politics, parties or the government, there are people - real people - who have the exact opposite belief. Name calling and flame throwing does nothing to convince them to see your side of the discussion. Unless each one of us recognizes, listens to the "other side" and works together to find a "third way" to solve our country's problems, we are doomed.

https://www.alternet.org/her-name-was-h ... -going-get

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:13 am
Someone here using logic that I don't quite understand wrote:The phrase "her name is..." is a way of talking down to Rand Paul as if you're morally superior and he's a walking piece of human garbage. And then I call you out for plagiarizing that phrase (which you did and apparently don't deny) and you go nuts (as I expected you would before I even read your response).
So all of these people in the article below are plagiarists? And think Rand Paul is "human garbage"? Because they brought up a real point - someone has already been killed in the culture wars of the late 2010's?

No matter what your own personal beliefs are about politics, parties or the government, there are people - real people - who have the exact opposite belief. Name calling and flame throwing does nothing to convince them to see your side of the discussion. Unless each one of us recognizes, listens to the "other side" and works together to find a "third way" to solve our country's problems, we are doomed.

https://www.alternet.org/her-name-was-h ... -going-get
Real people? Maybe we should all just go have a beer summit... I’m sure there are a couple guys in here that would go for that...

The right has now disowned the guy who ran her over and rightfully so but they can no more claim he wasn’t on the right than the left can claim some of these folks that get arrested for being violent and resisting at demonstrations aren’t on the left... they have to own it...

But also if you didn’t know somebody was from the opposite side and became good friends would it make a difference later when you found it out? I hope not. I may be fairly liberal but my wife is very very conservative politically... we simply don’t talk politics and you know what? Life still goes on...

Radio Sucks

Post by Radio Sucks » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Somebody who’s dinner table must be very quiet somedays wrote:I may be fairly liberal but my wife is very very conservative politically... we simply don’t talk politics and you know what? Life still goes on...
Thanks for proving my point.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:50 pm
Somebody who’s dinner table must be very quiet somedays wrote:I may be fairly liberal but my wife is very very conservative politically... we simply don’t talk politics and you know what? Life still goes on...
Thanks for proving my point.
I didn’t.

Actually it’s quite lively... but there are so many other concerns that are closer to home than what goes on politically... Rather than get bent out of shape about what the other person thinks and label them a total enemy or something, why not try to find common ground... if you don’t agree on something then why not focus and cultivate what you do agree on? We could sit and argue Pepsi vs. Coke too but to what end?

Democrats and Republicans aren’t going to find common ground on some issues... that’s kind of a given and why there are two parties in the first place... each had things that the other did that just didn’t work for them so much so that they couldn’t get along... and this has happened a few times before in the last 242 years...

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:15 pm
Democrats and Republicans aren’t going to find common ground on any issues.
There, I fixed that for you to accurately reflect the state of politics in 2018.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:15 pm
Democrats and Republicans aren’t going to find common ground on any issues.
There, I fixed that for you to accurately reflect the state of politics in 2018.
This too will pass...

Radio Sucks

Post by Radio Sucks » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:33 pm

I guess this poster just doesn't realize what my point is, as he proves it again as he wrote:Rather than get bent out of shape about what the other person thinks and label them a total enemy or something, why not try to find common ground...
Agreed. Why can't members of Congress do the same thing? Why do we need this two party system? Why not 5 or 10, each with a niche area of expertise - a situation that would force these entities to talk to and try to come up with common ground ideas, proposals and laws? I miss Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neill - two people who couldn't be further apart on the political spectrum. But they got together regularly and figured out how they could govern effectively.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic