All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Will Synder throw Schuette under the bus?

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
Frank Booth

Will Synder throw Schuette under the bus?

Post by Frank Booth » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:45 am

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opini ... 934462002/

First off, Good riddens to Synder. MI will be better off with out him. Schuette, I think would be a very different governor. He seems to have a bit of a independence streak and seems to have a visor of what he wants to do.

On an unrelated side note, I am kind of sad to see Kasich go here in Ohio. It's goober VS goober in our race. Kasich Reminds me a little bit of John Engler, in the sense of how I remember things growing up in the 90s in Michigan.

I-Heart Media, I ask you to please bring back 106.7 The D, but without Journey,Eddie money, or Styx. ALT 106.7 sucks ass!

NS8401

Re: Will Synder throw Schuette under the bus?

Post by NS8401 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:33 am

Frank Booth wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:45 am

First off, Good riddens to Synder. MI will be better off with out him. Schuette, I think would be a very different governor. He seems to have a bit of a independence streak and seems to have a visor of what he wants to do.

On an unrelated side note, I am kind of sad to see Kasich go here in Ohio. It's goober VS goober in our race. Kasich Reminds me a little bit of John Engler, in the sense of how I remember things growing up in the 90s in Michigan.
Schutte is currently hugging Trump... not exactly showing an independent streak...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:12 am

How will Schuette be refreshing? His said bigoted comments about LGBTQ+ that were found untrue, he played politics with the Flint Water Crisis, and he rarely works a full day.

(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:21 am

Frank Booth wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:45 am

Why in the hell would anyone miss Kasich? I never cared much for Engler, and I still don't, but he was never a phony, or a crybaby like Kasich. Kasich refused to attend the Republican convention THAT HE LOBBIED FOR. What a loser.

Why is it that the rubes on this board can't seem to spell "Snyder" correctly? I will always remember Snyder as the governor who campaigned on getting rid of No Fault Insurance, and did nothing. I agree, good RIDDENCE. :lol

"Remember, Colonel Flagg was never here. Tell your people!"

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:23 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:21 am
I agree, good RIDDENCE. :lol
While we're correcting spelling, it's RIDDANCE. :razz

chromacolor2

Post by chromacolor2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:30 am

I'd imagine an endorsement from the nerd is about as welcome one from Hillary, if you're a "progressive" Dem.

Having Snydley speak against you would probably give you extra street cred. Let me add my name to those who are happy this guy is gone.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:34 am

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:23 am
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:21 am
I agree, good RIDDENCE. :lol
While we're correcting spelling, it's RIDDANCE. :razz
Yep. You got me on that one. :rollin

I don't know who produced the Calley radio spot, but I have never heard something so amateurish. Even Snyder's 1 sentence endorsement sounded like it was recorded in a tiled bathroom.

"Remember, Colonel Flagg was never here. Tell your people!"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:48 pm

he played politics with the Flint Water Crisis,
That's your opinion. I personally think he did exactly what was warranted - a very thorough discovery process + indictment of those suspected of intentional wrongdoing.

The BEST THING that could happen to Bill Schuette is for Rick Snyder to endorse Whitmer. Union households hate Snyder but generally like Trump. They will vote in big numbers for Schuette if Snide Ricky endorses Gretchen. Most independents have an unflattering view of Snyder as well.

A Snyder endorsement of Gretchen Whitmer would make progressives very untrusting of Whitmer. A decent chunk of them will stay home on election day or vote third-party if Snyder endorses Whitmer.

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

chromacolor2

Post by chromacolor2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:21 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:48 pm
That's your opinion. I personally think he did exactly what was warranted - a very thorough discovery process + indictment of those suspected of intentional wrongdoing.

The BEST THING that could happen to Bill Schuette is for Rick Snyder to endorse Whitmer. Union households hate Snyder but generally like Trump. They will vote in big numbers for Schuette if Snide Ricky endorses Gretchen. Most independents have an unflattering view of Snyder as well.

A Snyder endorsement of Gretchen Whitmer would make progressives very untrusting of Whitmer. A decent chunk of them will stay home on election day or vote third-party if Snyder endorses Whitmer.
His endorsement would be a kiss of death for either one, for many of the same reasons you list.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:41 pm

I don't think Snyder will not make an endorsement just my opinion he didn't back Trump in 2016.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:01 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:48 pm

The progressives are so ginned up because of Trump that it’s not gonna matter who he endorses... they’ll vote anyways...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 am

Based on the grumblings of Team Bernie in Traverse City, they will vote for anyone but Schuette.

(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic