All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

WHAT’S TRUMP’S REASON - FOR HIS TREASON?

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
screen glare

WHAT’S TRUMP’S REASON - FOR HIS TREASON?

Post by screen glare » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:25 am

Is Trump a puppet of Putin because Trump’s helplessly vulnerable due to mental illness?

Or - is he of perfectly healthy mind - as he praises Vlad-the-Invader - and dumps a stinking load of insults and criticisms on NATO partners - who have vowed in writing to defend us if we are attacked?

Is Trump hopelessly unable to understand the Russian rigging of democracy’s bedrock - free elections - because he’s mentally ill?

Or is he of sound mind when he bellows “witch hunt” - and attacks the Justice Department, FBI, CIA, other US intelligence agencies, and the free press as “deep state”, “enimies of the American people”, and “fake news”?

Is Trump ham-strung by symptoms of mental illness when he starts a trade war with China, Canada, and other countries?

Or is he able to think straight and simply does not care about the long term financial consequences for Americans?

What’s Trump’s reason for his treason?

P.S. - before you Perry Mason wannabes spew legalese about the fine points of a treason charge or conviction - please note - I speak here of the SPIRIT of treason - not the LETTER.

Y M Ionhere

Re: WHAT’S TRUMP’S REASON - FOR HIS TREASON?

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Give it up. Every week, a new post from you regurgitating your same old crap. Very few of us care and we're tired of your same repeated stuff over and over.
Guess what? The last few Presidents have been accused of treason by opponents. I felt the same way about Obama signing nuclear deals with the radical, extremist Iranians who already threatened to use it for non-peaceful purposes. What about Obama telling Russia that "after my re-election, Ill have more flexibility".
Constantly repeating yourself about someones mental illness and hoping it finally catches on after 20 posts sounds like the definition of "insanity", no?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:08 pm

No.

It sounds like patriotism.

And certainly clear-headedness after today’s treasonous words and body language at the post summit news conference featuring Vladimir Putin and his trained seal Donald Trump.

I’m surprised Trump didn’t balance that soccer ball on the tip of his nose.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:33 pm

TREASON = GIVING AID AND COMFORT TO THE ENEMY.

That is what you watched today from Trump in Helsinki at the news conference as Trump stood before the world and next to Putin. Watch it and weep.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:20 am

Y M Ionhere - did you take to heart the entire news conference staged after Vlad-the-Invader and his asset, the imbacillic United States president met privately for two hours?

You know - the chat where two interpreters - the only other persons allowed in the room - made sure Trump-the-Pawn understood his marching orders from the murdering, KGB-trained, dictator, Putin?

Or - were you deaf and blinded by your addiction to “political party-over-country” - so that you couldn’t grasp the alarming meaning of what was pronounced later at the unprecedented Q and A spectacle?

Where the hell are the republican patriots? And Y M Ionhere, could that ever be you? Or any Trump conned man on this board? It’s not too late to come to the aid of your country. But first you must understand who and what Trump is.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:26 am

screen glare wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:20 am
Where the hell are the republican patriots?
What, are you stealing John Brennan's lines now?

I'll give my 2 cents on what went down yesterday. First - when it comes to criticism from the mainstream media, I take it all with a grain of salt because 100% of it is politically motivated. I can safely state as a factual matter that had Hillary won instead of Trump (an outcome that would not have, in and of itself, changed ANYTHING Russia was guilty of or is being accused of today), you wouldn't hear so much as a SINGLE WORD from Hillary, congressional democrats, or the media about Russia interference. Why? Because if Hillary won, then the team the media was rooting for would have won, and just like in sports, you only piss and moan about in-game controversies if your team loses the game. If your team wins - even if they get a victory that can be directly tied to a bad call that went in your favor and against the other team, you keep your mouth shut. Or to be parallel to this situation, if you win IN SPITE of a bad call, you may whine a little bit about the bad call, but not nearly as much as if you had lost. That is precisely what is going on here - to this day, democrats still aren't willing to blame themselves or the weakness of their own candidate for their electoral loss, so their defense is to attempt to undermine the Trump presidency as illegitimate.

As to criticism from the right (and there has been some of that too), I get it. Many of these are Regan "peace through strength" conservatives, and they thought Trump didn't show strength, but rather ceded a lot of power to Putin. That is a fair criticism, and all I can say is we'll just have to wait and see how this all plays out. Trump claims that during their private meeting that he and Putin laid down a lot of positive groundwork so I'm willing, at least for the time being, to let the press conference blunders slide. I would also add that you have to put yourself in Trump's shoes on this one. To use my sports analogy again, to expect him to confront Putin on meddling would be the same as expecting a coach during a press conference to admit that "yeah, we won because of a bad call." I'll chalk up Trump's behavior here to at worst a conflict of interest - that being a personal interest in not giving any ammo to the other side to say "see, Trump admits there was Russia meddling and so we must conclude that Trump, by his own admission, is illegitimate."

Let's be honest here - isn't that the end-goal of the left? To get Trump himself to admit to something that the left can then run with and say that Trump himself admitted he didn't legitimately win?

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:57 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:26 am
screen glare wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:20 am
Where the hell are the republican patriots?
What, are you stealing John Brennan's lines now?

I'll give my 2 cents on what went down yesterday. First - when it comes to criticism from the mainstream media, I take it all with a grain of salt because 100% of it is politically motivated. I can safely state as a factual matter that had Hillary won instead of Trump (an outcome that would not have, in and of itself, changed ANYTHING Russia was guilty of or is being accused of today), you wouldn't hear so much as a SINGLE WORD from Hillary, congressional democrats, or the media about Russia interference. Why? Because if Hillary won, then the team the media was rooting for would have won, and just like in sports, you only piss and moan about in-game controversies if your team loses the game. If your team wins - even if they get a victory that can be directly tied to a bad call that went in your favor and against the other team, you keep your mouth shut. Or to be parallel to this situation, if you win IN SPITE of a bad call, you may whine a little bit about the bad call, but not nearly as much as if you had lost. That is precisely what is going on here - to this day, democrats still aren't willing to blame themselves or the weakness of their own candidate for their electoral loss, so their defense is to attempt to undermine the Trump presidency as illegitimate.

As to criticism from the right (and there has been some of that too), I get it. Many of these are Regan "peace through strength" conservatives, and they thought Trump didn't show strength, but rather ceded a lot of power to Putin. That is a fair criticism, and all I can say is we'll just have to wait and see how this all plays out. Trump claims that during their private meeting that he and Putin laid down a lot of positive groundwork so I'm willing, at least for the time being, to let the press conference blunders slide. I would also add that you have to put yourself in Trump's shoes on this one. To use my sports analogy again, to expect him to confront Putin on meddling would be the same as expecting a coach during a press conference to admit that "yeah, we won because of a bad call." I'll chalk up Trump's behavior here to at worst a conflict of interest - that being a personal interest in not giving any ammo to the other side to say "see, Trump admits there was Russia meddling and so we must conclude that Trump, by his own admission, is illegitimate."

Let's be honest here - isn't that the end-goal of the left? To get Trump himself to admit to something that the left can then run with and say that Trump himself admitted he didn't legitimately win?
The Russian meddling would still be a H*** deal either way and it was a deal before the election.

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:15 am

Trump has not committed treason. For that to have happened, we would need to be at war with Russia.

If you wish to claim that this is a distinction without a difference, I won't argue with you.

Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!
Visit www.michiganmiracle.org

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:51 am

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:57 am
The Russian meddling would still be a H*** deal either way and it was a deal before the election.
Oh, really? It was a deal before the election?
President Obama wrote:There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even, YOU COULD EVEN rig America's elections - in-part, because they're so decentralized, and the numbers of votes involved. There's no evidence that that has happened in the past, or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so, I'd advise Mr. Trump to stop whining.
And that was just a few weeks before the election.

Also, I wonder what Screen Glare specifically has to say in response to Obama calling him a "not serious person."

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:51 am
NS8401 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:57 am
Oh, really? It was a deal before the election?
President Obama wrote:There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even, YOU COULD EVEN rig America's elections - in-part, because they're so decentralized, and the numbers of votes involved. There's no evidence that that has happened in the past, or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so, I'd advise Mr. Trump to stop whining.
And that was just a few weeks before the election.

Also, I wonder what Screen Glare specifically has to say in response to Obama calling him a "not serious person."
So the president is supposed to question the integrity of the elections beforehand? You understand that undermines the legitimacy of them right? No serious President is going to do that. That said there was Intelligence the Ovana Administration did act on. As for meddling all they have to do is hack voter registration databases and delete folks from the rolls. Decentralized is totally irrelevant. It doesn’t make a difference.

The biggest issue regardless is that Trump got his ass handed to him by Putin and botched it badly. That’s a pretty uniform assessment from all sides in the wake of this.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:44 pm

I think this is going to make a lot more sense after Mueller rolls out the goods...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:25 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:20 pm
So the president is supposed to question the integrity of the elections beforehand?
I never suggested that he was supposed to. I'm just pointing out that not only didn't he, but that he explicitly stated that past elections have been fair, and that this one will be fair too.
As for meddling all they have to do is hack voter registration databases and delete folks from the rolls. Decentralized is totally irrelevant. It doesn’t make a difference.
The point is, even if they did that, the gap between "meddling" and "rigging" is a big one.
The biggest issue regardless is that Trump got his ass handed to him by Putin and botched it badly. That’s a pretty uniform assessment from all sides in the wake of this.
I think I conceded that he certainly could have done better. The whole pointing to Putin's denial as being "strong" was completely unnecessary. If he was going to challenge the meddling/rigging accusations, I'd rather him have quoted Obama as I did above to make his point rather than just coming across as "well, Putin denies it, and he strongly denies it, so that's good enough for me, even in spite of my intelligence community's assessment."

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:27 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:44 pm
I think this is going to make a lot more sense after Mueller rolls out the goods...
I've been hearing that for quite a while now. Just how long does it take to obtain "the goods"? The longer this goes on, the more it looks like he ain't got much.

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:10 pm

He works from the bottom up though.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:07 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:27 pm
I've been hearing that for quite a while now. Just how long does it take to obtain "the goods"? The longer this goes on, the more it looks like he ain't got much.
As complicated as all this is? A long while...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:21 pm

Plus a lot of hiding.

And now Putin offers a way to involve Russian lawyers and judges and law enforcement - obviously to help Trump and himself! They must really be worried about himself and Trump being exposed!!

Go get ‘em Mueller! Don’t fall for Putin’s tactics. He’s KGB. Look out.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Don't be a buzzkill for our commie loving Trumpsters.

All those inditements don't mean a thing.

(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:22 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:27 pm
It will take as long as it takes. So sorry it's not meeting your need for immediate gratification and resolution like an episode of "The Apprentice", but these are adults conducting adult business. Take up a hobby in the meantime...

BTW - What if Mueller comes back with solid evidence on some but not all of the charges that may apply? What say you then? That might be a good way to bide your time, thinking about the most graceful way to pull your thumb out of your ass.

chromacolor2

Post by chromacolor2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:03 am

Tell me... when you learn things like this:

The text messages that show Page and Strzok conspiring to meet with [FISA judge] Contreras were originally hidden from Congress. In records provided by DOJ to Congress, the exchanges referencing Contreras, and plans to meet with him under the guise of a cocktail party, were completely redacted by federal law enforcement officials.

Congressional investigators told The Federalist that only 3,162 of the more than 1.2 million documents retained by the DOJ Inspector General (IG) have been turned over to the committees specifically tasked with oversight of the Department of Justice and FBI.

Ongoing DOJ obstruction of congressional oversight has only increased the calls for a special counsel to investigate criminal leaks, federal surveillance abuses, and other alleged improprieties within the agencies.

...does it make you proud of the investigation, or more like it's your job to defend Nixon?

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:47 pm

chromacolor2 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:03 am
Tell me... when you learn things like this:

The text messages that show Page and Strzok conspiring to meet with [FISA judge] Contreras were originally hidden from Congress. In records provided by DOJ to Congress, the exchanges referencing Contreras, and plans to meet with him under the guise of a cocktail party, were completely redacted by federal law enforcement officials.

Congressional investigators told The Federalist that only 3,162 of the more than 1.2 million documents retained by the DOJ Inspector General (IG) have been turned over to the committees specifically tasked with oversight of the Department of Justice and FBI.

Ongoing DOJ obstruction of congressional oversight has only increased the calls for a special counsel to investigate criminal leaks, federal surveillance abuses, and other alleged improprieties within the agencies.

...does it make you proud of the investigation, or more like it's your job to defend Nixon?
Then why don’t they do something about it? Why didn’t the GOP find damning evidence against Clinton in 3 years of Benghazi and emails? Could it be there was nothing there?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic