All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/6 at 8:30p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

The Hitler Comparison

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
NS8401
Posts: 8550
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by NS8401 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:32 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:15 am
Wrong. There is no implication that Obama should go to Kenya. He should have been booted after on term though...
Ok how about “those Kenyan bustards brought us this scourge?”

Why bother mentioning his ancestry at all?



Matt
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:50 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:32 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:15 am
Wrong. There is no implication that Obama should go to Kenya. He should have been booted after on term though...
Ok how about “those Kenyan bustards brought us this scourge?”

Why bother mentioning his ancestry at all?
You're right, why mention his ancestry when you can just point out he was terrible at his job? Some people still hold him on a pedestal exclusively because he was half black...



chromacolor2
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:36 am

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by chromacolor2 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Perhaps you think I'm being too kind, but it could also just be a hook. You have the expression "village idiot"... we've heard repeatedly (from Obama himself) about Kenya. Kenya is associated with villages, not metropolises.

If his ancestry was tied to Chad, South Africa, or Jamaica; I don't think the whole village thing works. Those are things I word-associate with: ?, Apartheid and pot/beaches/resorts.

I associate the Bush clan with New England preppies-turned-fake-cowboys. If I wanted to create an anti-Bush sign in Texas, I'd probably show a guy in an Izod shirt, on a Polo horse with a H*** cowboy hat.

For Trump, I'd portray him as Archie Bunker's rich buddy from Queens (if anybody would still get that reference).

You don't get to choose what background characteristic people choose to make fun of... Ask a bully. Obama's dice rolled to Kenyan village idiot. That doesn't make it automatically racist.



NS8401
Posts: 8550
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by NS8401 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:11 pm

chromacolor2 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:31 pm
Perhaps you think I'm being too kind, but it could also just be a hook. You have the expression "village idiot"... we've heard repeatedly (from Obama himself) about Kenya. Kenya is associated with villages, not metropolises.

If his ancestry was tied to Chad, South Africa, or Jamaica; I don't think the whole village thing works. Those are things I word-associate with: ?, Apartheid and pot/beaches/resorts.

I associate the Bush clan with New England preppies-turned-fake-cowboys. If I wanted to create an anti-Bush sign in Texas, I'd probably show a guy in an Izod shirt, on a Polo horse with a H*** cowboy hat.

For Trump, I'd portray him as Archie Bunker's rich buddy from Queens (if anybody would still get that reference).

You don't get to choose what background characteristic people choose to make fun of... Ask a bully. Obama's dice rolled to Kenyan village idiot. That doesn't make it automatically racist.
It doesn’t make it real intelligent either...



chromacolor2
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:36 am

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by chromacolor2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:23 am

NS8401 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:11 pm
chromacolor2 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:31 pm
Perhaps you think I'm being too kind, but it could also just be a hook. You have the expression "village idiot"... we've heard repeatedly (from Obama himself) about Kenya. Kenya is associated with villages, not metropolises.

If his ancestry was tied to Chad, South Africa, or Jamaica; I don't think the whole village thing works. Those are things I word-associate with: ?, Apartheid and pot/beaches/resorts.

I associate the Bush clan with New England preppies-turned-fake-cowboys. If I wanted to create an anti-Bush sign in Texas, I'd probably show a guy in an Izod shirt, on a Polo horse with a H*** cowboy hat.

For Trump, I'd portray him as Archie Bunker's rich buddy from Queens (if anybody would still get that reference).

You don't get to choose what background characteristic people choose to make fun of... Ask a bully. Obama's dice rolled to Kenyan village idiot. That doesn't make it automatically racist.
It doesn’t make it real intelligent either...
Fair enough. But few advertising slogans are intelligent; they're memorable. Here we are talking about the sign 6 years later.

Yesterday my wife noticed our 2-year old put a toy goat on top of her toy car and push it around the room (with toy family inside). I said "now she can never be President." That's ol' Mitten's legacy, fair or not.

I like Ike.



NS8401
Posts: 8550
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by NS8401 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:10 pm

chromacolor2 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:23 am
NS8401 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:11 pm
chromacolor2 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:31 pm
Perhaps you think I'm being too kind, but it could also just be a hook. You have the expression "village idiot"... we've heard repeatedly (from Obama himself) about Kenya. Kenya is associated with villages, not metropolises.

If his ancestry was tied to Chad, South Africa, or Jamaica; I don't think the whole village thing works. Those are things I word-associate with: ?, Apartheid and pot/beaches/resorts.

I associate the Bush clan with New England preppies-turned-fake-cowboys. If I wanted to create an anti-Bush sign in Texas, I'd probably show a guy in an Izod shirt, on a Polo horse with a H*** cowboy hat.

For Trump, I'd portray him as Archie Bunker's rich buddy from Queens (if anybody would still get that reference).

You don't get to choose what background characteristic people choose to make fun of... Ask a bully. Obama's dice rolled to Kenyan village idiot. That doesn't make it automatically racist.
It doesn’t make it real intelligent either...
Fair enough. But few advertising slogans are intelligent; they're memorable. Here we are talking about the sign 6 years later.

Yesterday my wife noticed our 2-year old put a toy goat on top of her toy car and push it around the room (with toy family inside). I said "now she can never be President." That's ol' Mitten's legacy, fair or not.

I like Ike.
Everybody liked Ike...



screen glare
Posts: 1903
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by screen glare » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:01 pm

What I have always wondered is - did Hitler kill himself? Or did he die at the hands of another? And if the later - was that person follwing Adolph’s orders? Like “suicide by cop”. Because Hitler knew he was too cowardly to ever harm himself?

It’s an ending examined in books and documentaries. I find it interesting because he caused the suffering of millions of innocent human beings. So one may wonder if he ever suffered the same kind of pain and fear? For his torturous medical experiments? Starvation? Being worked to death? Separating families? Breathing fatal fumes while locked naked in chambers resembling crowded gang showers?

Of course like many commenting here - I don’t believe Trump and Hitler are comparable. But when thinkng about Hitler I do wonder if for him there was reckoning. Perhaps ultimatly becoming known worldwide as a loser of his own initally successful war was - in his mind - the worst kind of punishment.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am
Location: Moderator of Reason

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Image Another gem worth thinking about while complaining that Trump is being compared to Hitler.

BTW, those families remain separated.


(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3007
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:39 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:18 pm


BTW, those families remain separated.
So is every other family in which a parent is in prison. Your point is?


~The people that predicted new technology would make us a paperless society evidently never tried to wipe their butt with an iPhone"~

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am
Location: Moderator of Reason

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:59 am

My point: ICE can't locate half of the parents. When you finally go to prison, I can look you up on a website because they track you accurately.

My point: Obama was stopping people at the border however he didn't instruct his leadership to divide the children from the parents as a political tactic.

My point: Our attorney general is fighting the court order to reunite kids as young as infants with their parents.

My point: this is a violation of international law, are you going to be totally supportive when it happens to a US citizen in another country?


(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

screen glare
Posts: 1903
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by screen glare » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Trump has made the brutalzation of innocent children a means to an end. And everyone here defending Trump’s practice is revealed as a child abuser. Like Trump. But not a child killer. Like Hitler.

Unless one of the innocents die.
Last edited by screen glare on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.



NS8401
Posts: 8550
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by NS8401 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:15 pm

screen glare wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:10 pm
Trump has made the brutalzation of innocent children a means to an end. And everyone here defending Trump’s practice is revealed as a child abuser. Like Trump.
Ok that’s crossing a line... then you edited this into it:
But not a child killer. Like Hitler.

Unless one of the innocents die.
You just completely fell off a cliff into an abyss of mental insanity...



screen glare
Posts: 1903
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by screen glare » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Once you believe it’s OK to brutalize a child as a means to an end you HAVE crossed a line.
Last edited by screen glare on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.



screen glare
Posts: 1903
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by screen glare » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:21 pm

And if the brutalization results in a child’s death you become a murderer.



NS8401
Posts: 8550
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by NS8401 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:47 pm

screen glare wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:21 pm
And if the brutalization results in a child’s death you become a murderer.
While that’s true there isn’t any evidence that anything close to that has happened...

Further you just called 80% of the people that post in here child abusers and potential murderers... nice job, get your NPD checked.



bmw
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:15 pm
You just completely fell off a cliff into an abyss of mental insanity...
He already fell off that cliff a few days ago when he argued that God is pro-choice (abortion) and supported said argument with the lone claim that God gave humans free-will.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am
Location: Moderator of Reason

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:15 pm
You just completely fell off a cliff into an abyss of mental insanity...
He already fell off that cliff a few days ago when he argued that God is pro-choice (abortion) and supported said argument with the lone claim that God gave humans free-will.
Isn't that how the US Evangelicals are justifying the many many sins they are committing?

Image


(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

bmw
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:37 pm
Isn't that how the US Evangelicals are justifying the many many sins they are committing?
No.



chromacolor2
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:36 am

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by chromacolor2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:26 pm

That leaves 47 other children likely to remain separated after the deadline. The government gave varying reasons for that. Twenty-six of the kids aren't eligible for reunification, mostly because of worries about abuse or because their parents have criminal histories or are currently in criminal custody. One other child can't be reunified because the child's parent has been missing for more than a year. In the court filing, the government acknowledged that "records show the parent and child might be U.S. citizens."



So you're saying all these kids should have just been returned to whatever adult claims them? Maybe you haven't seen any human trafficing PSA's.

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NxBilNt-PiU[/youtube]

You're welcome.



kager
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 pm
Location: GPS lost

Re: The Hitler Comparison

Post by kager » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:10 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:37 pm
Isn't that how the US Evangelicals are justifying the many many sins they are committing?
No.
But hey - bigotry has no place in religion ... right, deacon?


"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic