All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Roy Moore is Accused of Sexual Contact with Kids

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
Deleted User 10525

Re: Roy Moore is Accused of Sexual Contact with Kids

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:30 am

All I know is, if Alabama elects this POS then it shows me who they really are.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:09 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:03 pm
screen glare wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:32 pm
Keep digging deeper that hole from which you will never climb out. Your race based assumptions were, are, and continue to be your blind spot and stumbling block. One of you even called me a white Uncle Tom! That says it all about your view of any objective person who sees longtime hurtful attitudes, actions, and unequal treatment perpetrated institutionally and individually by his or her own race - and calls it out. Then works for change toward a more perfect union. NOT Make America Great Again by clinging to, or back peddaling toward divisive, hurtful, unequal ways.
Let's take a few steps backwards here. This all started with you using the phrase "bible thumber/child humper." I said I find the phrase bible thumper to be offensive and said I would block you if you use it again. Your response to that was not only to double-down, but also to call me "Whitey." That was a racial insult that came out of nowhere, was unsolicited, and was lobbed at me for no reason other than your hatred for Donald Trump, your view that he is a racist, and that somehow by association because I said in the past here that I voted for him, that I must also be a racist. I don't believe I've made a single statement in my entire time here that would even imply that I have racial prejudices, yet you resort to calling me "Whitey."

If you want a "more perfect union" as you call it, and for racial prejudices to go away, you can start by examining your own biases and prejudices that you have towards the 40 percent of the population who supports Donald Trump. You do realize that part of the reason he won is because of the vile contempt that people on your side of the political spectrum have for him and his supporters. Think of Hillary's "Basket of Deplorables" remark and that those people are homophobic, islamophobic, xenophobic, and whatever other phobic word she used.

Even though she partially retracted that statement, that statement DOES echo the sentiments of people like you - people who are blinded by your own bias and believe that 40 percent of the population are scum who are to be scorned and shunned and insulted.
If you can’t imagine a white person caring enough to challenge assumptions that may indict his/her own race
That's not the issue. The issue is you hurling racial slurs and insults that hardly fall within the definition of "caring."
- then imagine I’m a college professor teaching a class
Please tell us that you're NOT a college professor. PLEASE.
Crickets...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:12 am

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:17 pm
screen glare wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:09 pm
Or moot.
You won’t answer the question... you feign caring, empathy and the whole bit... you are a small person... very small...
Lots of crickets...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:35 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:12 am
NS8401 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:17 pm
screen glare wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:09 pm
Or moot.
You won’t answer the question... you feign caring, empathy and the whole bit... you are a small person... very small...
Lots of crickets...
He’s a wuss...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:39 am

IT starts new threads about the same thing just to avoid responding...

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Moore has lost to Jones. And then there were 51.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:56 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:31 pm
And then there were 51.
This entire debacle falls squarely at the feet of Mitch McConnell. The Republicans HAVE to get rid of him and soon.

~If the left didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all."~

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 pm

Republicans were damned either way this race turned out. I think long-term this is probably a positive for the republicans b/c Roy Moore was going to be a negative distraction from day 1.

Agreed on McConnell, the republican-led Senate is an absolute joke. And quite frankly I'm not overly impressed with Paul Ryan in the House either.

I will also add that Trump should never have gotten behind Moore. He backed Luther Strange in the primaries and should have left it at that, at least he could have kept his hands clean of this particular mess. Now Trump is the guy whose endorsements in Alabama have failed TWICE.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:12 pm

When you garner 34% favorable ratings with the country you lead, your endorsement is more likely a curse.

Trump is a priah.

(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:56 pm
NS8401 wrote:
And then there were 51.
This entire debacle falls squarely at the feet of Mitch McConnell. The Republicans HAVE to get rid of him and soon.
It starts with running a bad candidate actually. Go ahead and deflect if you must. Moore stunk as a candidate and screwed the pooch by not leaving.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
And then there were 51.

Just to be sure I understand. Are you saying, but for McConnell, Moore would have won? And that would have been a good outcome?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:03 am

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:38 pm
It starts with running a bad candidate actually. Go ahead and deflect if you must. Moore stunk as a candidate and screwed the pooch by not leaving.
I don't necessarily blame Roy Moore himself for this. He's one of only a handful of people who know if he is actually guilty of anything he's been accused of, and given his denials, there would have been no reason for him to take the initiative and bow out of the race.

I may surprise you with this - but the people who I believe share some responsibility are some high-profile people in the conservative media - specifically, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Mark Levin. Limbaugh and Levin have been staunch Moore defenders throughout, and Hannity chickened out. Those are 3 powerful voices, and with them all defending Moore, I think that is why republican politicians were wishy-washy on calling for Moore to get out of the race. Had Hannity called on Moore to get out and had Limbaugh and Levin not been so defensive, I think there may have been more pressure from those in the republican party on Moore to get out, and I certainly don't think the RNC would have gotten back on board.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:46 am

AL has a conscience, wow..

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:47 am

Bottom line: the woman criminally sexually assaulted by the pedophile when she was 14 years old is telling the truth. And every person who has heard and seen her tell knows in his/her heart that she is not lying. Whether they admit it or not.

Her clear truth was more powerful - than all the muddy spin -money and loud infamous voices could buy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:17 am

This stupid stunt probably lost him some votes...

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 am

I think this fits today.

Mr. Jones- Talking Heads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buGuphvMkp8

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:48 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:49 pm
Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
And then there were 51.

Just to be sure I understand. Are you saying, but for McConnell, Moore would have won? And that would have been a good outcome?
But for McConnell, Moore wouldn't have been the candidate in the first place. In the primary, there was a conservative candidate running that Alabama voters would have just loved, Mo Brooks. Because Brooks was on record as not being a big fan of McConnell, the McConnell Super PAC dumped almost 8 million dollars into the primary in support of a McConnell yes man/lackey, Luther Strange along with heavy negative ads against Brooks.. In addition, word was sent out to political operatives that if they went to work for the Brooks team they would be blacklisted.

But for this interference in the primary election, Mo Brooks would have most likely been the Republican candidate and have been the new Senator from Alabama today.

~If the left didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all."~

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:48 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:49 pm
Bryce wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
And then there were 51.

But for McConnell, Moore wouldn't have been the candidate in the first place. In the primary, there was a conservative candidate running that Alabama voters would have just loved, Mo Brooks. Because Brooks was on record as not being a big fan of McConnell, the McConnell Super PAC dumped almost 8 million dollars into the primary in support of a McConnell yes man/lackey, Luther Strange along with heavy negative ads against Brooks.. In addition, word was sent out to political operatives that if they went to work for the Brooks team they would be blacklisted.

But for this interference in the primary election, Mo Brooks would have most likely been the Republican candidate and have been the new Senator from Alabama today.
YOU love Mo Brooks, but there are more racist misguided Republicans in Alabama and elsewhere believe that people like Roy Moore has the moral fiber to lead. What do you think of Jeff Sessions as a leader? That's another reason why Mo didn't end up the candidate.

I am encouraged that African Americans have significant voting power in these backwards Red states. Let's hope they use that power more frequently.

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:10 pm

How is this a black/white issue?

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:15 pm

906XJ wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:10 pm
How is this a black/white issue?
It isn’t exactly... but Moore had some definite racial undertones to his Schtick... Jones used that to rally blacks to the polls in large numbers and that’s why he won.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic