Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 11-14-2017 at 8:00p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

Want to know Buzzboard readers' thoughts on the Cumulus debt restructuring proposal? Check out the thread in the "Broadcasting - General" forum!

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

The President of the USA Has A Mental Illness

Some folks just cannot resist the urge to debate current issues of the day...here's the place to satisfy your craving. BE FOREWARNED - if you are an intellectual lightweight, you might find it a bit rough in here. This place is kinda like a never-ending edition of the McLaughlin Group. (Whatever happened to Mort Zuckerman, anyway?)
screen glare

Re: The President of the USA Has A Mental Illness

Post by screen glare » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:06 am

It's painful to watch those struggling to make sense of Trump's behaviors. They notice that his words, actions, and reactions are off. Yet they seem baffeled as to why.

They look at The Mad Hatter's Tea Party of a White House, and are alarmed by what they're watching and hearing. Friends and enemies of the US are on alert as well - watching carefully Trump's wacky and wild improv show on the world stage.

WHAT WILL IT TAKE to give self-permission to this man's audience to finally say aloud what their observations are telling them? And which person who embodies authority and respect will be the first to finally make the pronouncement? Which highly regarded professional or group will take the serious lead in issuing the dire warning - that Trump is mentally ill?

I believe were he not a wealthy celebrity way before he ever became president - those worried about his lifelong behaviors would have already stuck their necks out and spoken the truth in a public forum. Unfortunately they are scared to speak because of what he might be powerful enough to do to them, their family and friends, and careers.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:51 am

THE PRESIDENT IS MENTALLY ILL. AFTER THE PAST FEW DAYS CAN ANYONE DOUBT THIS OBVIOUS POINT?

vERY SERIOUS MATTER.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:35 am

I agree with Screen Glare. Trump is a complete nut case. He can do no wrong in his own eyes, is incapable of self introspection, and has a very nasty temper. He also loves to invent lies in an effort to rally his naive supporters and has pawns in the alternative media ready, able & willing to "carry his water."

Other presidents have had similar personality issues, but Trump takes it to a whole new level.

He is emotionally unfit for the office.

Trump personality wise could not be more distant from Eisenhower, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, or Bush II. Shameful that many conservatives are willing to look the other way.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:25 am

For the record I did not vote for Trump, but Hillary was even worse, if that was even possible...

I would still prefer a Pence/Cruz presidency. I still have a distaste for watching Hannity, Savage and others that helped Trump win the primary.

Is anyone really shocked by Trump at this point? I most of us just think it's Trump being Trump...warts and all.

On the other hand there has been some positive results in that he has shaken up the establishment.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:53 am

Nothing surprises me with Donald Trump anymore.

Warren, MI mayor, Jim Fouts, shares several personality traits with Trump.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

Circle Seven

Being The Donald

Post by Circle Seven » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:04 am

I like what Audiophile said.
The Donald is being The Donald.
And saying "But Hillary would of ..." is not a valid response imo.
Fear not Scream and Friends. I would comfortably wager dinner for two at the restaurant of the winner's choice that Captain Orange has no intention of being Celebrity President for a full term. Whether he steps down, or the Republicans join hands across the aisle and throw him out is anyone's guess.
But let's face it. It's folly to not assume that there are backdoor discussions going on between Republicans, and between both parties, laying down a strategy to remove Pumpkin.
This is why I'm not at all worried.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:03 am

Based on CNN and other Fake News, that may be what you would think. Fake News is lying, pure and simple. If Fake News prevails, then the country as we knew it is gone. Young people have been taught (brainwashed) that the USA is terrible, and that's why they don't see destroying it is a bad thing. But countries all over the world have done and will continue to do terrible things, much worse than the USA. Why you think destroying the country and replacing it with something much worse is beyond me. Every time I hear Donald Trump, I know that he is better than the alternative. Every time I hear the leaders of many other countries speak, lying and defending the indefensible, I shudder to think that this is the type of lies and violence and working and living conditions that the young people here THINK they want to live with. The people of the USA, and increasingly Western Europe, are becoming increasingly wise and increasingly angry. The genie is out of the bottle.
Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:28 am

There ARE a lot of leaders around the world who are total scum bags.

I hope you didn't assume from my earliest post that I was insinuating Trump was the worst one worldwide, because that is not at all what I believe.

Policy wise - I agree with more than half of Trump's agenda, probably even three-fourths. However, just because I like many of his policy proposals does not mean I am going to automatically turn my head and look the other way regarding his boorish, juvenile and perhaps dangerous behavior.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:11 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:03 am
Young people have been taught (brainwashed) that the USA is terrible,

That's what Trump keeps telling them.

Only he can make it great again.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:39 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:03 am
Based on CNN and other Fake News, that may be what you would think. Fake News is lying, pure and simple. If Fake News prevails, then the country as we knew it is gone. Young people have been taught (brainwashed) that the USA is terrible, and that's why they don't see destroying it is a bad thing. But countries all over the world have done and will continue to do terrible things, much worse than the USA. Why you think destroying the country and replacing it with something much worse is beyond me. Every time I hear Donald Trump, I know that he is better than the alternative. Every time I hear the leaders of many other countries speak, lying and defending the indefensible, I shudder to think that this is the type of lies and violence and working and living conditions that the young people here THINK they want to live with. The people of the USA, and increasingly Western Europe, are becoming increasingly wise and increasingly angry. The genie is out of the bottle.
Nobody is taught it's a terrible place... they just have a different vision of what it is then you do based on the era they grew up in... you're no better than the folks in the 50's and 60's saying "back in my day..." :roll:

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:07 am

(The) link between leadership and learning is not only essential at the community level. It is even more indispensable in world affairs. Ignorance and misinformation can handicap the progress of a city or a company, but they can, if allowed to prevail in foreign policy, handicap this country’s security. In a world of complex and continuing problems, in a world full of frustrations and irritations, America’s leadership must be guided by the lights of learning and reason or else those who confuse rhetoric with reality and the plausible with the possible will gain the popular ascendancy with their seemingly swift and simple solutions to every world problem.

-Excerpt of President John F. Kennedy's undelivered Dallas Trade Mart speech, November 22nd, 1963.

And so it goes.
I'm not a partisan - I'm just here for the free doughnuts!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Anyone here change their mind yet about Trump's mind?
Folks who voted for him allegedly without enthusiasm, as well as those of you who voted for him with gusto? With daily evidence of his mental illness piling up in front of your eyes - just wondering if you've comprehended yet that The President of The Inited States of Anerica is indeed mentally ill?

You, your family, and your country are all in peril with this NPD sufferer at the helm of our ship of state. Must we run completly aground for most Trump voters to comprehend they've been snookered?

If the commander in chief says your son or daughter must go to war and possibably make the ultimate sacrifice - are you comfortable with Donald Trump in the lead?

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:50 am

I have heard this from a few of my friends who confided in me that they voted for Mr. Trump:

I thought he would calm down and act more presidential once he got there....

I knew that was a longshot at best, but at the same time, I can't blame them for thinking he would. Rhetoric has become such a big part of the political process, and yet most candidates do manage to dial it down and adapt to their office once elected (we've seen exceptions, but enough about Gamrat & Courser). Something told me it just wasn't in the cards for this president.

I honestly don't know anyone who is gung-ho about Trump. The folks who made the above observation voted for him without a great deal of enthusiasm. They agreed more with his alleged ideology than with that of his opponent. I couldn't bring myself to vote for either one of them, which is why I chose a third-party option. I have to wonder if this past election cycle and the result it has produced will shed more light on third-party and independent candidates as viable alternatives in the future. Given the long-standing monopoly the Democrats and Republicans have had on the political system, I don't expect an independent or third-party candidate to occupy the White House anytime soon, but we could begin to see more of these folks populating the House and Senate as time goes on. First, though, we have to muddle through what we have.
I'm not a partisan - I'm just here for the free doughnuts!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:21 am

Trump is known for using spoken, written and legal tricks, but as far as I know he isn't out mowing down down his opponents.

The Clinton's sure have a lot weird deaths around them, It's either the lifestyle these folks lead puts them in harms way, or there could be something more sinister at play.

It does make you go hmmm.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:24 am

It also should be noted Chelsea has married into the Mezvinsky klan, which isn't exactly squeaky clean either.

Again hmmmm.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:29 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:24 am
It also should be noted Chelsea has married into the Mezvinsky klan, which isn't exactly squeaky clean either.

Again hmmmm.
And the Trump-Russia connection is now being investigated on a counterintelligence basis to see if crimes were committed... these guys are all slime... every last one. All of them makes me go hmmmm....

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:45 am

Audiophile, you are astute. Trump has a mental illness - but never mind that.

Ignore all of the consequences that bit of reality presents.

Instead - according to the way you prioritize what's important - let's focus our energy on the Clinton family. Because some of their friends have died. And now Chelsea has married into a family that includes a father-in-law who is a convict.

Hey! Wait a darn minute, Audiophile. Why - that's just like Jared Kushner's dad! You know...the father-in-law of Ivanka Trump?

In fact, young Jared spent considerable time regularly visiting his convicted dad behind bars in prison in Alabama.

But don't concern your pea brain with Ivanka's "guilt by association". Instead - concentrate on Chelsea's!

You're a fool.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump has lost all credibility because he is a psychopathic liar. And that means the USA and its people are not taken seriously by the rest of the world.

But you go right ahead and focus on conspiracy theories and Chelsea's marriage, Audiophile.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:04 am

I guess you missed what I said above. What did I say about Trump tricks?

Yes, and the elder Kushner went to jail for what again?...Primarily for donating illegal monies to the democrats and trying to cover it up! And who prosecuted him? Republican Chris Christie!

The question now is their children rejecting or accepting what their respective parents did? Are they following a different path or the same?

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:25 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:04 am
I guess you missed what I said above. What did I say about Trump tricks?

Yes, and the elder Kushner went to jail for what again?...Primarily for donating illegal monies to the democrats and trying to cover it up! And who prosecuted him? Republican Chris Christie!

The question now is their children rejecting or accepting what their respective parents did? Are they following a different path or the same?
It's all the Same game... the Republicans were simply the easiest route to power... there are no conservatives among Trump and family... only playing to your base in a bait and switch designed to hide benefits to yourself and your associates through distraction...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:38 am

NS: You may be right - I couldn't vote for him for that reason.

SG: You spout sonnets here for Clinton - so give me a break, they're not any better!
Last edited by audiophile on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic