Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Red Wings collapsing?

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Red Wings collapsing?

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:49 pm
Looks like My Capitals live to fight another day, which means the Wings are done...

Sorry boys.
Eat shit.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 pm

You couldn't script this stuff.

If Detroit's game had simply started a half hour earlier, the Flyers probably don't pull their goalie as they would have been eliminated already by that point in time. And Detroit scoring after a faceoff with 4.7 seconds left to send it to OT.

Tough night for the Wings.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:22 am

Only. The. Red. Wings.
The censorship king from out of state.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:09 am

At least the Redwings played with heart and fight this season even know I wanted them to make the playoffs. Next year the Wings make the playoffs in my opinion that Caps lose last week stings.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:01 am

It's very disappointing the Wings didn't make the post season given the effort and results of the past week. Often, 91 points would be good enough for a postseason berth. Three thrilling wins all for naught.

Their play in the month of March was awful and doomed what looked like a very good bet at making the postseason.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:20 am

Two of the most exciting games I've ever seen to end the season! The Wings are reminding me of the Lions two years ago.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

billmich88888

Post by billmich88888 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:10 am

lose 7 games in a row at ANY point in a season is a recipe to not make the playoffs.

i love how some people here compare the red wings this season to the lions decades of ineptitude.
the wings sure won a lot of games in incredible fashion in the past week or so, not like the lions who had their own wing oin the hall of fame on crazy and stupid ways to lose a game.

must be a lot of hockey fans here that only look at the last 8-9 years.

Ken Holland once famously said : "less can be more exciting" -

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:22 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:49 pm
Looks like My Capitals live to fight another day, which means the Wings are done...

Sorry boys.
Eat shit.
No thanks

Most teams had a really weird season. See Boston? Usually Caps make the playoffs without this much hassle.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

billmich88888

Post by billmich88888 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:57 am

Let's not act like the wings were this juggernaut that had an incredible season.

There were 82 games played, no ties anymore (that went away close to 20 years ago).
Every game has a winner and a loser.

They won 41 times, they lost 41 times (yes, they earned a point in 9 of those losses, but it is still a loss)
.500 is the definition of mediocre

Art Van Damme

Post by Art Van Damme » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:11 am

I think there is progress. I don’t think anyone thought, at the beginning of the season, that this Wings team was
Playoff bound. With that being said, I think we don’t really know what is going on in Yzerman’s mind, and what his true expectations are. A few things stand out:

Losing: Losing streaks killed the Wings. You can’t play teams like Arizona and lose badly.

Injury: If Larks (or any single player) is injured and not on the bench, the team should not fall apart. I also think that Kane (amongst other players, too) is playing injured.

Coaching: I have nothing against him, but I don’t think Lalonde is the right coach for this team. I’m not seeing the plays on the ice that a championship team would execute.
I don’t know if the players don’t have faith in the playbook? Or the plays just aren’t there?

The Wings have a ways to go. It’s not a rebuild but, the defense still, needs work, and the offense cannot be so hot and cold.

billmich88888

Post by billmich88888 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:24 am

Expectations are fluid.

By the beginning of March, most people expected the team (8 points free and clear in a playoff spot) would be making the playoffs.
What was expected in September (I did expect them to make the playoffs back in September) - really doesn't matter as it was superseded more recently by their Pre-March play

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:23 am

Before the season began, I assumed this year's team would squeak into the postseason or barely miss it.

Lalonde did OK with the personnel he was given. The pointless streak in March was frustrating certainly.

Yzerman needs to add a piece or two or three in the off-season to make this team better and postseason ready.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:43 pm

Hoping that Kane isn’t injured and that we re sign him to another contract. He seemed to be a big boost to the team.

That 7 game losing streak doomed them…

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 pm
You couldn't script this stuff.

If Detroit's game had simply started a half hour earlier, the Flyers probably don't pull their goalie as they would have been eliminated already by that point in time. And Detroit scoring after a faceoff with 4.7 seconds left to send it to OT.

Tough night for the Wings.
Let me also say though as a Wings fan that if they win one game during their 7 game losing streak, they would be in. They screwed themselves.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:05 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 am
Let me also say though as a Wings fan that if they win one game during their 7 game losing streak, they would be in. They screwed themselves.
I don't necessarily agree with that assessment because if they had more wins going into the home stretch, maybe they don't play with quite the same urgency down the stretch and pull 3 miracle wins out of thin air.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic