Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Matt Patricia fired in Philly

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Matt Patricia fired in Philly

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:46 pm

His contract has expired and will not be renewed. 😁

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagl ... eport/amp/

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MasterB

Re: Matt Patricia fired in Philly

Post by MasterB » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:18 am

Not surprised he didn't set the world on fire when he became DC after they fired the other DC midway through the season the Eagles limped into the playoffs after that hot start at 10-1. Matt Patricia only played DC on TV when he was with the Pats to get an NFL head coaching job and being smartest person in the room when he was coach of the Lions. That is why his kneecaps were eaten by Dan Campbell LOL :lol.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:03 am

FWIW, local boy and play-by-play man extraordinaire Mike Tirico said recently on the Locked On Lions podcast that Quinn and Patricia deserve great credit for rebuilding and modernizing the Lions' infrastructure; i.e., training, medical, and rehab facilities.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:51 am

Quinn perhaps.

Patricia? No way.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:47 pm

Definitely was Quinn.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:03 am
FWIW, local boy and play-by-play man extraordinaire Mike Tirico said recently on the Locked On Lions podcast that Quinn and Patricia deserve great credit for rebuilding and modernizing the Lions' infrastructure; i.e., training, medical, and rehab facilities.
I think Quinn and Jim Caldwell could have built an organization that would have consistently produced 9 win or better seasons. Maybe not Super Bowl contention every year, but no disaster years either.

But Quinn did what a lot of GMs feel they have to do—go out and hire their own guy.

Makes me glad the Lions relied so much on league input to pick their current GM and coach.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:47 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11 am
moldyoldie wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:03 am
I think Quinn and Jim Caldwell could have built an organization that would have consistently produced 9 win or better seasons. Maybe not Super Bowl contention every year, but no disaster years either.

But Quinn did what a lot of GMs feel they have to do—go out and hire their own guy.

Makes me glad the Lions relied so much on league input to pick their current GM and coach.
Caldwell never deserved to be fired.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:30 pm

"9 and 7 isn't good enough"

Proceeds to go 3-13-1.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:40 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:30 pm
"9 and 7 isn't good enough"

Proceeds to go 3-13-1.
Exactly... Caldwell knew how to win and did it in Indy first. You knew you at least had a shot at playoffs.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:02 am

The thing is Jim Caldwell would've become Wayne Fontes 2.0 maybe would've won a playoff game, but wouldn't make noise in the playoffs in my opinion I like Jim Caldwell seems like a nice person just an alright/good coach nothing special in my opinion.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic