Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NFL DIVISIONAL WEEKEND

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: NFL DIVISIONAL WEEKEND

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:50 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:46 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:18 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:09 pm
Can the Packers shock the world?

Might be wet up there. I'm a couple hundred miles south and they are predicting rain here thru the evening
I'd think wet weather would mean a lower scoring game, we'll see.

BTW, Ravens up by three TDs. This is the Lamar Jackson I was expecting -- two running TDs and two passing. Texans look spent.
I remember on Thursday that some blowhard on the radio was like “You better be taking the over in SF-Packers.” Oops.
I didn't touch it, but it really wasn't that bad a call. If the choke kicker didn't miss, the game is 24-24 going into OT. O/U was 50.5 so it would have hit. And GB left a lot of points on the field in the first half.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:56 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:50 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Might be wet up there. I'm a couple hundred miles south and they are predicting rain here thru the evening

BTW, Ravens up by three TDs. This is the Lamar Jackson I was expecting -- two running TDs and two passing. Texans look spent.
I remember on Thursday that some blowhard on the radio was like “You better be taking the over in SF-Packers.” Oops.
I didn't touch it, but it really wasn't a bad call. If the choke kicker didn't miss, the game is 24-24 going into OT. O/U was 50.5 so it would have hit.
Never assume the weather is going to be good in SF. I would say the same for Denver as well. Too variable.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:57 pm

Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:56 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:50 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

I didn't touch it, but it really wasn't a bad call. If the choke kicker didn't miss, the game is 24-24 going into OT. O/U was 50.5 so it would have hit.
Never assume the weather is going to be good in SF. I would say the same for Denver as well. Too variable.
They've been talking about this storm all week, so the oddsmakers knew it was coming. Deebo getting hurt probably made more difference in the score than the rain.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:20 am

Ravens Over Texans,
49ERS Over Packers,
Lions Over Bucs,
Bills Over Chiefs.

7-1 2-0 so far this weekend. I'm winning in the playoff picks and have a winning record no matter what happens now.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:10 am

All I can say is, what...a...game!

Both QBs were off in all the wetness. And yes, that missed FG was pivotal. I'm sorta glad the #1 seed came out on top, to be the best ya gotta beat the best!
I just hope our boys aren't looking past today.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:30 am

Pack still had a chance to get into FG range, had two TO's left, Love panicked, threw that pass up for grabs...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:18 am

He scrambled a ridiculous amount backward, which in & of itself was a major mistake in that situation. His options at that point were essentially to take a (bad) sack, throw it out of bounds to his right (there were no receivers remotely close to that area of the field, so he would've likely been flagged for grounding), throw it up for grabs down the middle of the field (probably risky because his line of sight would not have been great, I suspect), or throw it toward the left side line. Instead of trying to throw a catchable ball into triple coverage toward the left side, he probably should've intentionally underthrown the ball to the left side. He would've avoided a sack and likely would've avoided an INT.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:33 am

He was out of the pocket so as long as he threw it past the line of scrimmage, there would not have been a grounding call. He played awesome last week, and great for 3 quarters yesterday, but Love was lousy in the 4th quarter. The first interception on the tipped ball was an awful pass.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:35 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:30 am
Pack still had a chance to get into FG range, had two TO's left, Love panicked, threw that pass up for grabs...
I'm wondering what Goff would've done in the exact same situation. I'll be damned if I can remember what down and distance it was. :? Yes, with almost a minute left there was plenty of time to throw it away and lose a down. Then there was the downpour to consider. And yes, I think Love either panicked or tried to play hero.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:57 pm

Perfect example of not having a reliable field goal kicker coming back to bite you in the ass (ie, his missed 41 yarder with 7 minutes left).

I only hope the same fate doesn't knock out Detroit.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:59 pm

St. Brown should've completed that catch. Uncharacteristic drop. Pass was only a little high and quite catchable.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:23 pm

The end of that 1st half was classic SOL.

Lining up Goff in the shotgun on 3rd and 1 was pure stupidity. Then, the Lions defense shit the bed when TB began its drive. That same D gets to come out on the field to begin the 3rd. They look winded.

On top of all the above, Ragnow got hurt for the 47th time this season.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:25 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:23 pm
The end of that 1st half was classic SOL.
Or, maybe you give credit to the other team.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:26 pm

TB absolutely deserves credit. They played outstanding ball in the late 2nd quarter.

The two do not need to be mutually exclusive.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:51 pm

SOL strikes again. Dumb penalty ruined what would've been a massive gain. Lions had to punt.

I didn't like the call as I am not sure Montgomery did that intentionally.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic