Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan sign stealing scandal

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Michigan sign stealing scandal

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:06 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:05 pm
Stakes are clear for Michigan: Beat Ohio State or be labeled a gigantic fraud--- Dan Wolken/USA Today

If the Wolverines fall to Ohio State on Saturday, Michigan will never live down the conclusion that it flipped this rivalry by cheating.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 687354007/
It's lose lose. They are still going to be accused of cheating if they win, and you know this.

This whole thing was started because the Big 10 powers that be didn't like that Harbaugh wouldn't be social with them.

OSU is just as guilty as Michigan, if not more so(see Maurice Clarett). They just have covered their tracks.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:12 am

I think the adage "If you're going to cheat, at least be good at it" applies here. Maybe the suspension is a way to convey to coaches to not hire idiots.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:47 am

I have a son-in law in town for the holiday. He is born and raised in Lexington Kentucky. An overall sports fan and of course an avid Wildcat fan, especially basketball.
He is also a fantasy football geek.
I asked him what he thought of the Michigan scandal. His response was that he and all his friends he talks sports with pretty much think everybody does it and Michigan just got caught. They don't see it as a big deal.
I only mention this because listening to the 97.1 afternoon guys they would have us believe the entire nation sees Michigan as a bunch of dirty cheaters on an unprecedented level and Michigan fans are delusional if they think otherwise.
I no longer directly engage trolls

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:15 am

If you are going to steal signs, do it legally.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:30 am

Finebaum rips cheating Michigan and calls Ono "total clown"

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... gh-support

“I don’t want to open up another scab with Michigan fans, but I’ve said it many times and I’ll say it again here, I’ve never seen a more creepier, tone-deaf group of fans in my life."
The censorship king from out of state.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:41 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:30 am

“I don’t want to open up another scab with Michigan fans, but I’ve said it many times and I’ll say it again here, I’ve never seen a more creepier, tone-deaf group of fans in my life."
This is true not just for the sign stealing, but just in general for America's Team. That's why they continue to have a statue erected for a rape enabler. That's why they continue to employ a basketball coach who slapped an opposing coach and has anger issues. That's why they have a football coach who spends the night with teenage recruits. That's why they justify cheating by saying "should have been prepared for it". That's why they haven't legitimately lost a football game since 1913.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:13 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:30 am

Finebaum is a pathetic lowlife.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:43 am

Mariotti nails it:

https://jaymariotti.substack.com/p/we-l ... -regret-as

So greetings again to Jim Harbaugh, a cheater in triumph, three victories away from an undeserved national championship. Don’t stop at Michigan vs. Everybody. This is the sham of why a coach who doesn’t have to cheat, who has every built-in resource and initiative, executed a gonzo spying scam in so many other stadiums that Connor Stalions has become an all-time incorrigible imposter.

Yet here is Harbaugh, the most loathsome of the sport’s characters, pulling off a likely College Football Playoff berth because the selection committee is leaving the decision to a four-lettered cuss word. As long as the NCAA is in charge, so to speak, the illegal scheme could require months of investigative work even though recruiting analyst Stalions resigned and linebackers coach Chris Partridge was fired after allegedly participating in the destruction of computer evidence.

Imagine if Michigan plays Washington in the national semifinals and Georgia in the final — and we have no idea if the title banners will end up in a basement with the Fab Five of the 1990s. That’s possible thanks to Harbaugh, who missed the last three games and six of a dozen this year thanks to suspensions. He did light into the team Friday night, referring to old coach Bo Schembechler. “The whole mantra: the team, the team, the team. We are that team,” quarterback J.J. McCarthy said.

By Saturday afternoon, the Wolverines survived with a 12-0 record, including a 30-24 victory over anguished Ohio State. Otherwise, Harbaugh is treating this freak show like a fun-and-gun TV program.

“I go back to the ‘Ted Lasso’ show,” he said. “Believe! What comes out of that is believe, and I'm just so proud, so proud of our team. Despite that noise, our locker room is in one piece. And like Ted, for me, a locker room is a lot like my mom's bathing suits — I like to see them in one piece.”

He is making light of missteps that fall in line with his career of controversies. Never, ever will Harbaugh say he’s wrong. It’s world gravity, claiming, “What goes up must come down. The gravitational force of Earth is tremendous. So are some of the forces against a football team.” All of which eventually will lead him to the NFL while knowing his relationship with Dean Spanos, owner of the Los Angeles Chargers. Who else would have fallen into such a mess while continuing to keep his job at an esteemed Big Ten university, where the world’s future attorneys and businessmen angrily debate his case? He stayed away from the Big House and was seen only on a pregame videoboard indicating he couldn’t hear the crowd, this while 37-year-old interim head coach Sherrone Moore thanked him again amid the postgame revelry.

“Look at it. It’s what it is,” Moore said on the broadcast. “Michigan, I love you. The fans, the players — coach Harbaugh, I’ve got your back, baby. For you baby. Hey, it’s great to get you back.”

Got his back against what … the investigators? "You talk about The Team, The Team, The Team, but this team is the ultimate team,” Moore said. “This team is as good as any in the country and they've proved it every week.” If Harbaugh were smart, he’d leave Michigan, accept an NFL gig in December and let Moore and the players take over the postseason. But the egomania inside him is bigger than the sport itself. He must beat the NCAA and the Big Ten and win the championship. That’s how he thinks in a dishonest kingdom. He will take solace from his team overcoming a horrific injury — to offensive guard Zak Zinter — and watching the offense score 10 straight points. So will the students who jumped over the brick wall and mobbed the field.

But the rest of the country isn’t handling the story well, including Harbaugh’s comments that Michigan is “America’s Team.” How about the future of the losing coach, Ryan Day, who is 1-6 against top 5 CFP teams, 1-3 against Michigan and 54-1 against everyone else? He was disclaimed two years ago by Harbaugh, who said, “Some people are born on third base and act like they’ve hit a triple.” Might he consider the Jimbo Fisher-buyout money at Texas A&M? All because he can’t beat the Stalions-buoyed Harbaugh? “It's hard to describe. I'm just sick," Day said. “We're all disappointed. We know what this game means to so many people, so to come up short is certainly crushing. Not only because you invest your whole year in it, but you know at Ohio State what this game means. There's a locker room in there that's devastated.”

He is trashed by fans who bash his conservative playcalling, including former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett. “Ryan Day…. Love you bro but gotta go. This is why you’re paid millions. Cant get paid 9’ms and lose 3 straight,” wrote Clarett, mentioning Day’s extension from May 2022. “We live in a weird world. Part of coaching is praise and criticism. It comes with the space. That 9 million dollar salary comes with expectations and judgement. We are all fans. Everyone isn’t and won’t be so patient.”

They aren’t cool with his decision to reject McCarthy, who dearly wanted to sign with Ohio State while sticking with Kyle McCord, who threw the interception ending the game. McCarthy has made it clear Day ‘’lied to” him. Replacing Urban Meyer — no, he’s not returning — rocked the roller coaster. Meyer ruled Harbaugh. Day loses three straight years.

Nor are they cool with Michigan receiver Roman Wilson, who said of the Buckeyes, “They’re not tough. They didn’t want it how I wanted it.”

Also, there is no guarantee that Michigan and Ohio State will be playing two days after Thanksgiving in the realigned Big Ten. So much for 119 years. With Washington, Oregon, USC and UCLA, the conference is an 18-teamer, and the new boys might not be sold on continuing to market the Midwestern behemoths.

For now, we wait on Harbaugh, who will coach against Iowa next weekend in a blowout conference title game. After that, the NFL will pile on and not care about Stalions — the Chargers, the Raiders, the Bears. And media observers will have to hear out Michigan alums such as Desmond Howard and Charles Woodson. Before the game, Howard called out ESPN colleague Pete Thamel — who has broken many Harbaugh/Michigan stories — and wondered why he wasn’t reporting inside The Big House, where fans apparently wanted to take him down.

“What are we, Week 13 now? So we’ve been doing this 12, 13 weeks,” Howard said. “He’s always been in the crowd giving his reports. What the hell’s Pete in the stadium for? That kind of just threw me all off. Put your big boy pants on and do it in the crowd like you have been doing. I was surprised by that.”

“Come on, man,” host Rece Davis said. “He’s gotten, from the lunatic fringe, some threats, that’s taken care of, that’s all.”

“We got security, he’ll be OK,” Howard said. “The guys are nice out here. They’re nice out here. They’re not going to do anything. He’ll be OK. (Put your) big-boy pants on.”

The big-boy pants are worn by those who don’t cheat.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:32 pm

Jay Mariotti???

I didn't know that hack was still around.

How embarrassing that you're clinging to this bullshit and don't have the guts to admit it is because you know Harbaugh has built a powerhouse.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:40 pm

Harbaugh is a liar and a cheater. He has been suspended twice already this season because he A. lied and B. cheated. After the playoffs are over, he will have coached his last game at the university you hold so dear because he either bolts to the NFL or is suspended by the NCAA.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:06 pm

It seems to be done for most except those who are paid for edgy editorials. People cheat, get caught, and move on.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:10 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:40 pm
Harbaugh is a liar and a cheater. He has been suspended twice already this season because he A. lied and B. cheated. After the playoffs are over, he will have coached his last game at the university you hold so dear because he either bolts to the NFL or is suspended by the NCAA.
That fact that all of this is bullshit will never register with the people who do not already realize all of this is bullshit.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:10 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:40 pm
That fact that all of this is bullshit will never register with the people who do not already realize all of this is bullshit.
Do you really think that comment is so profound you've needed to repeat it 4 times?!?

If its bullshit, let's bet. I say fraud Harbaugh never coaches a game for Rape Enabler University after these playoffs. Loser leaves the Buzzboard. Do you want to show you actually have a pair and back up your words or pussy out and copy and paste for the fifth time?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:11 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:06 pm
It seems to be done for most except those who are paid for edgy editorials. People cheat, get caught, and move on.
"Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent."

-Adam Smith

thekman

Post by thekman » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:15 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:32 pm
Jay Mariotti???

I didn't know that hack was still around.

How embarrassing that you're clinging to this bullshit and don't have the guts to admit it is because you know Harbaugh has built a powerhouse.
Marriotti?? Wow, I haven’t heard of him since Max Kellerman was hosting Around The Horn two decades ago.

He was the Detroit guy for The National sports daily too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic