Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

#TuckLeavin

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: #TuckLeavin

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:28 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:22 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:00 pm
If MSU had the same information they have today in December 2022, March, and July, it is hard to justify firing for cause NOW. #asthetugcranks
Actually, it's pretty easy to justify. Everything kicked up once the USA Today article was published and it all became public. MSU has been through the proverbial ringer since the article. That triggered the firing. Rightly or wrongly, before then silence was golden. Even if Haller knew all of the details - he wasn't free to share it to enough people to make a firing decision. Once the cover was blown, all bets were off.

I'd argue though that the timing of all this is irrelevant.

Had all of this remained private through Oct 6, that USA Today article was still going to be published. Had MSU kept Tugger as coach after that hearing ... the blowback / humiliation / etc. heaped on the University would have been even worse than it's already been. Had they fired him ... all of this still would have happened.

MSU has been acting very deliberately and cautiously at the advice of legal counsel. Haller couldn't make this decision, even though it's his name on the "you're fired" document. This was all done as billable hours ... and all of that takes time to be done the right way. They want out of paying him $77 million dollars.
Bullshit - they say on this until they couldn't. If this didn't come out AND he beat Washington, they would have made it go away. When this issue became available, it became State's get out of contract jail card. #asthetugcranks

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:34 pm

Nah. Washington game was irrelevant.

Tracy already had made her plans to either get paid or get him fired. Or both.

#TuckLeavin was going to happen. It's just how much it costs, who's paying, and when.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:42 pm

If you believe / trust the 97.1 afternoon Spartan blowhard, the signs were there that Tugger had already essentially checked out from his responsibilities long before the article was published. Even he knew it was coming.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:05 am

The public shame brought upon the university is certainly a reason that Tucker can be fired with cause.

That said, I agree with your general premise, Matt, that the university's handling of this matter greatly contributed to the backlash it is now receiving, and it wouldn't surprise me if they had been hoping this matter would go away quietly in exchange for a monetary settlement and NDA with the accuser.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:06 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:15 pm
I haven't paid any attention to this story until reading the most recent link Matt just posted. Setting aside whether the call was consensual or not and setting aside whether Tucker's actions violated MSU policy or not, who in their right mind - especially somebody in a position such as Mel's - decides that it is a good idea to have phone sex with someone whose profession is that of "sexual awareness speaker"? That just seems like an incredibly stupid decision.

100% agreed.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:43 am

I dunno, but after reading everything that's out there, I'm sensing that Tucker is being railroaded by a scorned woman. It's an ugly situation, to be sure. Very bad judgement on Tucker's part, but he'll walk away with a hefty settlement when all is said and done. We'll see.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:00 am

moldyoldie wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:43 am
I dunno, but after reading everything that's out there, I'm sensing that Tucker is being railroaded by a scorned woman. It's an ugly situation, to be sure. Very bad judgement on Tucker's part, but he'll walk away with a hefty settlement when all is said and done. We'll see.
Can you imagine someone with the tenacity of, say Feiger, motivated by "you get 50% of the take" when $77mm is on the table?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:08 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:00 am
moldyoldie wrote:
Can you imagine someone with the tenacity of, say Feiger, motivated by "you get 50% of the take" when $77mm is on the table?
A lot will depend on a judge or jury's interpretation of "moral turpitude" as spelled out in the contract. My guess is a settlement to make it "go away".
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:29 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:08 am
km1125 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:00 am
moldyoldie wrote:
A lot will depend on a judge or jury's interpretation of "moral turpitude" as spelled out in the contract. My guess is a settlement to make it "go away".
MSU isn't going to offer him very much to settle. This is a pretty clearly winnable case for the University.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:24 am

Jeff Feiger is Mel's lawyer? I hope Feiger loses the case, it gets settled as MSU wants it to go away.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:35 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:02 pm

Spartans won't win another game. This team is beyond awful.
The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:56 am

MSU has both Nebraska and Minnesota on its schedule; those are winnable games. Indiana is very winnable; it took OT for them to beat the friggin' Akron Zips. MSU is a better team than Indiana all day long. Iowa might be a lot crappier than everyone was thinking, too. They just lost 31 - 0 to Penn State.

Indiana is clearly the worst team in the conference based on performance to date.

I will say the underperformance on the field at MSU is likely fueled in part by the psychological impact of what's happened with the program in recent weeks.

SD45

Post by SD45 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:24 pm

Minnesota is terrible. That game against Nebraska was brutal, and their other win is Eastern Michigan.

They just lost to Northwestern in OT. Minnesota was up 31-10 and gave up 21 points in the 4th quarter.

MSU can win 3 conference games this season.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:06 pm

Yikes; I knew Minnesota was bad but was unaware they blew a 21 point lead against lowly Northwestern in the 4th quarter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic