Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The death of MSU football

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

The death of MSU football

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:08 am

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/inv ... 679703007/

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

He admitted to jerking off on the phone while the person he brought in to educate on sexual harassment and assault when he was on official university business.

This is going to absolutely decimate the program in a time when we can't afford it. Luckily we'll get our insane contract back but with USC, Oregon, UCLA and Washington joining and the way the top 3 teams are recruiting right now, we can't afford 50% of our roster transferring if we plan on having any amount of success over the next 5-10 years.

It really feels like the death of MSU football in a way that Baylor football died.

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Re: The death of MSU football

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:33 am

In his statements to the Title IX investigator, Tucker acknowledged masturbating on the call but said Tracy grossly mischaracterized the episode. According to him, they had consensual “phone sex.”
Oh boy, that John Engler sure did a bang up job cleaning up the athletic department.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:16 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:08 am
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/inv ... 679703007/

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

He admitted to jerking off on the phone while the person he brought in to educate on sexual harassment and assault when he was on official university business.

This is going to absolutely decimate the program in a time when we can't afford it. Luckily we'll get our insane contract back but with USC, Oregon, UCLA and Washington joining and the way the top 3 teams are recruiting right now, we can't afford 50% of our roster transferring if we plan on having any amount of success over the next 5-10 years.

It really feels like the death of MSU football in a way that Baylor football died.
Did the phone become glued to her ear so she couldn’t hang up? It kind of reminds me of when someone says “why didn’t you call me?”… Not even blaming the victim here… but I mean you’re not exactly trapped on the phone.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:50 am

At best, Melvin is a creepy dude.

I am not convinced he will be fired for this.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:00 am

This is shocking, and even if Tucker's account is more accurate (I doubt it is), it shows AWFUL decision-making on his part. I can't imagine how he survives this. Having said that, he's the only one implicated, so his potential firing would not kill the program. Would Jay Johnson be the interim?
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:33 am
In his statements to the Title IX investigator, Tucker acknowledged masturbating on the call but said Tracy grossly mischaracterized the episode. According to him, they had consensual “phone sex.”
Oh boy, that John Engler sure did a bang up job cleaning up the athletic department.
Tucker was hired more than a year after Engler departed.
Last edited by Matt on Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:01 am

Mat Ishbia will probably decide what happens to Mel...LOL.

He's more-or-less the acting AD, formalities aside.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:30 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:00 am
This is shocking, and even if Tucker's account is more accurate (I doubt it is), it shows AWFUL decision-making on his part. I can't imagine how he survives this. Having said that, he's the only one implicated, so his potential firing would not kill the program. Would Jay Johnson be the interim.
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:33 am
Tucker was hired more than a year after Engler departed.
I imagine in reality this happens more often than you would think. He’s apparently kind of awful at hiding it however.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:20 am

I guess this gives the saying "Tuck coming" a whole new meaning.

How the hell did she know he was doing that on the other end? Was it a video call?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:23 am

If MSU doesn't suspend or fire Tucker before the Monday press conference, the beat writers' jobs are going to get extremely literal.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:40 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:16 am

Did the phone become glued to her ear so she couldn’t hang up? It kind of reminds me of when someone says “why didn’t you call me?”… Not even blaming the victim here… but I mean you’re not exactly trapped on the phone.
I was thinking along the same lines. Especially given she is an advocate for these things. Wouldn't she have some "expertise" on how to avoid or remove oneself from problematic situations?

Allow me to put my tin foil hat on and ask if some of those rich alumni have buyers remorse on Tuckers contract. Maybe they hired a hit (wo)man to get out from under the obligation.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:49 am

Now we know the real reason why so many quality kids hit the transfer portal out of MSU football. They knew.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:53 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:40 am
Rate This wrote:

I was thinking along the same lines. Especially given she is an advocate for these things. Wouldn't she have some "expertise" on how to avoid or remove oneself from problematic situations?

Allow me to put my tin foil hat on and ask if some of those rich alumni have buyers remorse on Tuckers contract. Maybe they hired a hit (wo)man to get out from under the obligation.
Was this appropriate even if consensual?

And I hope you immediately are not jumping in to vilify the victim here. MSU or "Michigan Rape University" seems to have an ongoing problem and the culture doesn't seem to have evolved.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:29 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:53 am
craig11152 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:40 am
Rate This wrote:

Was this appropriate even if consensual?

And I hope you immediately are not jumping in to vilify the victim here. MSU or "Michigan Rape University" seems to have an ongoing problem and the culture doesn't seem to have evolved.
I've been an MSU critic, but this is a low blow.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/sto ... 816082007/

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:42 am

A commenter on another message board has another angle. The comments on message boards that allow free expression have the best analysis. Often more interesting than the story itself.

IndyTiger commented:
As a buckeye fan, could care less about MSU, but maybe the school administration sees this as an opportunity to get out from the ridiculous contract he signed several years ago.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:49 am

Pat Caputo thinks Tucker is done.

The Buckeye poster is misinformed on a number of fronts. His gigantic pay raise was not given "several years ago". Also, much of that raise was funded by a private party (Mat Ishbia), not straight from the university's coffers. Also, the suggestion the contract would somehow drive how the university responds to this controversy strikes me as a rather preposterous proposition.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic