All new acct registrations in the queue as of 5/25 at 4:40p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Super Bowl

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Super Bowl

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:50 pm

Is it just me, or was the NBC booth watching the game thru Patriots-colored glasses?

Al Michaels' end of game call was completely devoid of any energy. One of his worst play by play performances that I can remember. Was he under the weather?

I didn't watch the lip syncing efeminate douche at the half, but I did hear the halftime show stunk to high heaven from family members.

All that said - phenomenal game!! It did not disappoint! Major kudos to the Eagles players and coaching staff. When Wentz went down late in the regular season, I didn't give the Eagles a snowball's chance in hell to do anything in the post season. Man, was I wrong!

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

bmw

Re: Super Bowl

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:55 pm

New England's horrible defense FINALLY bit them in the ass. Brady throws for 505 yards, 3 touchdowns, and no interceptions, and they still lose the game? Any QB who throws for those kind of numbers in the NFL - his team wins 99 out of 100 times. That said, congrats to Philly - they earned their win.

On a side note, we've finally hit rock bottom with the quality of the commercials. They sucked, OH MAN did they suck. With only a few exceptions, humor was non-existent. Seriously, 3/4 of the commercials were pushing one social justice cause or another. I wonder if advertisers are AFRAID to use humor because of the fear that they might offend some group who will then start a big boycott of their products. It's a sad shame really, the state of political correctness on TV these days.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:01 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:50 pm
Is it just me, or was the NBC booth watching the game thru Patriots-colored glasses?
The late Ertz TD was a good example of this. I didn't think there was even a question that he was a runner once he crossed the goal line - he had 3 steps with possession and an additional foot drag all before going into the end zone, and the commentators act like it should be overturned for not completing the process? I don't even know what play they were watching, but I didn't think it was even a close call. If he had only 2 steps, then maybe, but he clearly had 2 feet down and made a football move all before going in.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:41 am

After a quick replay, it was crystal clear that Ertz had broken the plane before losing the football. Completely agree with you.

And, yes, overall the commercials were crummier than usual this year. Regarding the social justice angle, the thing is - Fiat Chrysler's ad (rightfully) is coming back to bite them in the ass. Even some of the commercials designed to be humorous flat out stunk - I thought the Bud Light ads were lame as hell.

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:01 am

It is difficult to qualify Tom Brady's performance with one descriptor (i.e. horrible, subpar, decent, good, excellent, phenomenal), but I'll take a stab at it.

Overall, he had a good to excellent game, I would say. Broke a Super Bowl passing record, which would normally be grounds for a "phenomenal" label. Connected on several deep bombs. Not sure how he could've thrown that Hail Mary pass any better at the end of the game (took four Philly defenders surrounding Gronk and a fortunate deflection that landed in no Patriot player hands to seal the win for Philly). Managed to get out of several situations where 75%+ of starting QBs in the league would've been sacked.

That said, multiple times he overthrew or underthrew his receivers on fairly routine passing plays, his completion percentage was nothing special, and because the Pats lost, too many people will remember the trick play where Brady, as a receiver, couldn't haul in a ball that was thrown quite well to him on a drive where the Pats ultimately came away with no points.

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:28 pm

I seem to also remember the Philly TD where the guy caught the pass and landed through the back of the end zone; that looked more questionable for a TD than Ertz's did IMO. Thing is, I also don't remember them questioning that one as much.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic