Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Proposed gas tax hike in Ohio

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 10525

Proposed gas tax hike in Ohio

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:57 am

Down here, our fearless new Governor, Dewhine, wants to raise the gas tax. The roads do need work but I question if this is the right way to go about it. Ohio taxes everything under the sun as it is, Income,retirement,social security, investments, etc.. . I recall a ballot incentive was defeated in MI proposing something similar. So... if you ever come down here and if you notice a price difference(if it passes), you have been warned.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/loc ... x-increase

Deleted User 12047

Re: Proposed gas tax hike in Ohio

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 am

WSJ spent all morning yesterday talking about how Democratic governors want to tax “everything that moves”. Funny no mention when a Republican governor wants to do the same thing.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:59 pm

I think I am the only Ohio person still on here but that was sort of my point of posting it. Here in The big O, every statewide office is Republican controlled along with both houses of the state legislature. With the exception of 4 years of Ted Strickland from 07-11, since 1991 The GOP has had the governors seat. Bob Taft signed the largest tax increase in Ohio, he was The Granholm of Ohio.

So yeah, when I hear that about how "only Democrats raise taxes" not true.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:13 pm

Michigan charges it's 6% sales tax on gasoline and that is calculated after the state and federal gas taxes are added... (Tax on a tax?) But that money does NOT go towards roads. Instead it goes to education among other programs. In my opinion, whatever you pay in taxes at the pump should go to roads exclusively. If they redirected that sales tax on gasoline to go towards roads it would greatly help and lessen the need for crazy spikes in other revenue platforms such as vehicle registration fees and such.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:25 pm

Since I don't use it, I am in favor of a HUqE Grass Tax. Let's balance the budget on the backs of Stoners.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:20 pm

Any updates?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:41 pm

TheForce wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:20 pm
Any updates?
Someone once told me the grass was much greener...on the other side

:razz sorry

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:45 pm

Is your Governor a Republican or Democrat?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:57 am

Steve Korvette wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:45 pm
Is your Governor a Republican or Democrat?
Republican.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic