Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cumulus stunner - two heritage Hot AC stations in major markets SOLD (note: WDVD not involved)

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2

Re: Cumulus stunner - two heritage Hot AC stations in major markets SOLD (note: WDVD not involved)

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:10 pm

Frankly I'm surprised it took this long, because they were having financial struggles quite a while ago. (If this is due to that)

Music is my life.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Cumulus stunner - two heritage Hot AC stations in major markets SOLD (note: WDVD not involved)

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:12 pm

Noted. Let's get back to talking broadcasting. :)

One reason stations may have not been disposed during bankruptcy is because commercial assets marketed as part of a BK sale usually fetch less money - sometimes much less - than if they were sold in a normal course manner.

As long as the stations in question are not bleeding cash, there would be little to gain by doing station spin offs on an in-court basis.

I cannot help but wonder if WABC is generating negative cash flow.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:12 pm
Noted. Let's get back to talking broadcasting. :)
I'm all for that, lol

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:36 pm

I do think eventually Cumulus will sell all Detroit properties, With this going on in “The Big Apple”, it looks like anything goes, Who would of thought PLJ would become K-Love or in Chicago “The Loop” would become K-Love or in L.A. “The Sound 100.3” would become K-Love apparently this is a changing industry and this could be the day of Non-Profit Radio taking more markets and I have said before it could be possible that EMF would purchase another property in Detroit for their K-Love Classics Format as well. Just a thought.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:54 pm

When I caught this story, my first thought was 'Well, is Detroit in the crosshairs?" So I'm glad MW brought it up; it's compelling and relevant to this market.
Interesting they're holding onto to WABC as of now. Would they keep WJR, which makes a ton of cash for the company, as a stand alone and spin one or both of the FM's off at some point?
Maybe.
I can see WDRQ going to someone like Beasley for sure.
More compelling is: Was today a one off, or is more action eminent?
Stay tuned.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:24 pm

Oldies 84 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:36 pm
I do think eventually Cumulus will sell all Detroit properties, With this going on in “The Big Apple”, it looks like anything goes, Who would of thought PLJ would become K-Love or in Chicago “The Loop” would become K-Love or in L.A. “The Sound 100.3” would become K-Love apparently this is a changing industry and this could be the day of Non-Profit Radio taking more markets and I have said before it could be possible that EMF would purchase another property in Detroit for their K-Love Classics Format as well. Just a thought.
I was in love with K-Love Oldies.
It still around ?

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:55 pm

armchair pd wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:54 pm
When I caught this story, my first thought was 'Well, is Detroit in the crosshairs?" So I'm glad MW brought it up; it's compelling and relevant to this market.
Interesting they're holding onto to WABC as of now. Would they keep WJR, which makes a ton of cash for the company, as a stand alone and spin one or both of the FM's off at some point?
Maybe.
I can see WDRQ going to someone like Beasley for sure.
More compelling is: Was today a one off, or is more action eminent?
Stay tuned.
Yeah, I'm curious too. Like maybe they plan on selling off a bunch, or have already done so, but they are only revealing a couple at a time.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:23 am

Given 102.7's spotty signal, I could see K-love classics going there and them getting a full market signal. Would the Masons unload 107.5? Would IH part with 106.7, given nothing works on that signal. hmmm?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:09 am

Have you guys heard K-Love Classics? It's a bottom of the barrel, ultra low budget format. Not at all something designed for a full power major market signal. It's a backfill format and nothing more.

I say there is zero chance of EMF purchasing another full power signal here or trading 102.7 (because who on earth would relinquish a Southfield or downtown Detroit full power FM for 102.7?)

Now, will the Masons unload 107.5? That is a possibility I won't entirely rule out, but for now, I suspect they are happy with Urban One operating it.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:24 pm
Oldies 84 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:36 pm
I was in love with K-Love Oldies.
It still around ?
It’s on 90.3 out of Rochester, But it’s a small signal you may be able to get them in Novi.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:51 am

I'll try it out in the car this morning !

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:39 am

I am back home now and I completely forgot to tune in. Lol oops.

And my boombox is giving me static from it

Music is my life.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:17 pm

Two things. WDKL has a CP for a Royal Oak Township facility. Other than the people here who think that WWWW 102.9 should be receivable throughout the whole Market, it would be an improvement for WDKL for most of the Market. WWWW 102.9 was always supposed to be an Ann Arbor station.

The call letters of the Rochester Hills station are KDTI, the only FM station in Michigan with call letters beginning with K.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Wasn’t 1540 in The Jackson Area also a “K”station?

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:48 pm

Oldies 84 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Wasn’t 1540 in The Jackson Area also a “K”station?
KTGG 1540, now in Okemos, MI is an AM station. it diplexes with WJIM 1240. It has a translator, W284AH.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic