Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dingell Local Coverage

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
musicfan

Dingell Local Coverage

Post by musicfan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:24 pm

WDIV sends Devin Scillian (sp.). and Fox 2 sends Roop Raj to DC to cover the Dingell funeral. Good move from both stations. Both are good, and respected journalist. The circle 7, though, sends their A-lister...Carolyn Clifford???? You mean that is the best that they have?? I'm sorry, but in my opinion she is nothing more than a news reader who has little journalistic integrity. Hell...7 could have recycled Dianna Lewis from her retirement...which would have been a massive upgrade (since I am sure that she had interaction with Dingell). They even could have sent her daughter, Glenda. Thank goodness they did not send Lewellen. My how seven has fallen....

Deleted User 8570

Re: Dingell Local Coverage

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:20 pm

musicfan wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:24 pm
WDIV sends Devin Scillian (sp.). and Fox 2 sends Roop Raj to DC to cover the Dingell funeral. Good move from both stations. Both are good, and respected journalist. The circle 7, though, sends their A-lister...Carolyn Clifford???? You mean that is the best that they have?? I'm sorry, but in my opinion she is nothing more than a news reader who has little journalistic integrity. Hell...7 could have recycled Dianna Lewis from her retirement...which would have been a massive upgrade (since I am sure that she had interaction with Dingell). They even could have sent her daughter, Glenda. Thank goodness they did not send Lewellen. My how seven has fallen....
Roop Raj isn’t bad but he isn’t exactly 2’s leading face either...

Bobbert

Re: Dingell Local Coverage

Post by Bobbert » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:18 am

I think the stations just wanted a local presence for what was basically puff piece reporting. I agree about her substance, but she's a lead anchor with as much name recognition as any other anchor at Channel 7.

A long-time anchor like Devin Scillian was probably the ideal choice to send. Channel 2 probably sent Roop Raj because he's so dang empathetic and earnest about everything.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic