Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

7 Action News at 4pm... Buh bye to The Now

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
JackAttack FM

7 Action News at 4pm... Buh bye to The Now

Post by JackAttack FM » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:36 pm

Channel 7 is running promos for "7 Action News at 4pm" with pics of Dave Rexroth and Carolyn Clifford.

I can only guess that someone in the Scripps higher offices finally woke up before 4:59pm turned on the TV and caught the worse than cable access production of "The Now" and canned that POS show. What a horrible concept it became.
The first incarnation wasn't as awful since it was mostly local. But, then this pseudo network wannabe show with a horrid chromakey set and local cut-ins was not only cringe worthy but, a difficult format to follow. I think the 2 rating points it got prove it.

After the horrid Scripps production of the now and a less then stellar run of Dr. Oz at 4pm.
Channel 7 Action News at 4pm is long overdue. Like more than 7 years after Oprah overdue.

Deleted User 8570

Re: 7 Action News at 4pm... Buh bye to The Now

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:47 am

JackAttack FM wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:36 pm
Channel 7 is running promos for "7 Action News at 4pm" with pics of Dave Rexroth and Carolyn Clifford.

I can only guess that someone in the Scripps higher offices finally woke up before 4:59pm turned on the TV and caught the worse than cable access production of "The Now" and canned that POS show. What a horrible concept it became.
The first incarnation wasn't as awful since it was mostly local. But, then this pseudo network wannabe show with a horrid chromakey set and local cut-ins was not only cringe worthy but, a difficult format to follow. I think the 2 rating points it got prove it.

After the horrid Scripps production of the now and a less then stellar run of Dr. Oz at 4pm.
Channel 7 Action News at 4pm is long overdue. Like more than 7 years after Oprah overdue.
Bout time...

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:26 am

I agree that The Now was a bad idea. But Clifford and Rexroth? Don't see any viewers flocking to the Geritol News Hour.
Drew and Norville are going to beat those two with ease.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:23 am

Fox 2 News with Maurielle Lue and Charlie Langton will probably start at 4PM and move Judge Judy to 3PM.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:28 am

Great - more air time for the news crew rated dead last among A25-54 viewers.

I will say added local news is an improvement over "The Now," however.

I have two more suggestions for 7:
- How about permanently ditching the motion sickness-inducing robo camera from your early morning newscasts? Holy shit I hate that thing!!
- How about cancelling the fucking awful 7:30p show, "The List," or demoting it to channel 20?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:55 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:28 am

- How about permanently ditching the motion sickness-inducing robo camera from your early morning newscasts? Holy shit I hate that thing!!
- How about cancelling the fucking awful 7:30p show, "The List," or demoting it to channel 20?
“The List” is a must run from Scripps... no chance of ditching it... what would you ditch it for? “Right This Minute”? Another must run. Scripps won’t move ET back there unfortunately... that might at least make a small amount of sense. Not sure ET is really all that big a deal anymore... 7 has zero control over their syndication.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:46 am

Finally!
I hate stupid programs like that was.

But how will this turn out ratings wise do you think?

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:01 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:46 am
Finally!
I hate stupid programs like that was.

But how will this turn out ratings wise do you think?
It might get a bit better now that people know what it is in a straight forward way... I’m sure that’s the hope...

musicfan

Post by musicfan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Wonderful. Now, we get to hear Clifford call Dave Rexroth..."Rexie" for an hour (annoying). Plus, she cannot role the letter "L" at the end of words such as residenchoo, speshoo, individuchoo, let's go live to KIm Russooo. then slap her script on the desk and send it over to Rexie. As I have mentioned before, it absolutely astounds me that she is their primary female anchor, when Glenda Lewis is head and shoulders above her as a journalist and anchor.

Nope, I think I'll stick with Local 4 @ 4 and Inside Edition. Then, switch to 7 from five to six and back to 4 at six.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Same ol' stuff. They may not be promoting it, but The Now is on as I post this.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:43 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:55 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

“The List” is a must run from Scripps... no chance of ditching it... what would you ditch it for? “Right This Minute”? Another must run. Scripps won’t move ET back there unfortunately... that might at least make a small amount of sense. Not sure ET is really all that big a deal anymore... 7 has zero control over their syndication.

ET is on CBS 62, now. ET is a CBS run show. There’s no way it’s going back to 7.

As for Action News at 4, not impressed at all!!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:12 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:43 pm
NS8401 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

ET is on CBS 62, now. ET is a CBS run show. There’s no way it’s going back to 7.

Did it even debut yet? If The NOW was on then that’d be a no...

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Yeah,and Glenda Lewis is a STONE BABE !!!!!!!

mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Post by mtburb » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:57 pm

If this is a start date indicator, WEWS has just dropped "The Now" name. In their case, they're now "News 5 at 4 PM".

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:10 am

NS8401 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:12 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:43 pm
NS8401 wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Did it even debut yet? If The NOW was on then that’d be a no...
It debuted on Monday

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic