Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Waiting For Trump Speech, Crow Admits Collusion

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Waiting For Trump Speech, Crow Admits Collusion

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:32 am

I'm waiting for Trump's Speech. I've got my 45 on. 1) .45 Glock in Holster. 2) A 45 RPM Record on the Turntable. 3) Heavy 45 SPF Sunscreen On. 4) The Donald, POTUS 45, on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EydMgp4Y_7Y

And Sheryl's Colluding with a Communist! Where the heck are Comey and Mueller?
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

stopnswop2

Re: Waiting For Trump Speech

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:37 am

Okay

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:52 am

Will he get to the freakin point? He’s just rambling...

Now he admires the death penalty for drug dealers... fantastic...

I had to get on to other things but there’s a guy that says a lot and still says almost nothing...

zzand

Re: Waiting For Trump Speech, Crow Admits Collusion

Post by zzand » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 am

The point is he declared the Emergency...it is done and now the courts will decide what happens. Would have been very easy to avoid all this, just give him the 5 billion and we could have gotten on with life, now we get a circus and sideshow...Oh Boy!

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:35 am

Question my Liberal friends, What if Barack did this? Then what would you have said ? I’ll be listening. (Sorry 2 questions!)

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Oldies 84 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:35 am
Question my Liberal friends, What if Barack did this? Then what would you have said ? I’ll be listening. (Sorry 2 questions!)
While Obama did in fact declare a number of national emergencies, none were like this. Considering he taught law at the University of Chicago and presumably knows better, I just don't ever see him going rogue on the Constitution like Trump has with this action. Probably not the answer you were looking for but that the best I can offer.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:06 pm

Question my Liberal friends, What if Barack did this? Then what would you have said ?
Wait, that’s broken, let me fix it.
I fixed this and wrote:Question my conservative friends, When President Ocasio-Cortez does this over climate change? Then what will you have to say ?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:06 pm
Question my Liberal friends, What if Barack did this? Then what would you have said ?
Wait, that’s broken, let me fix it.
I fixed this and wrote:Question my conservative friends, When President Ocasio-Cortez does this over climate change? Then what will you have to say ?
Or President Sanders over healthcare, or President Warren over income inequality... the possibilities are literally endless. If Conservatives want to play this game so be it. They will lose.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:04 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:42 pm
While Obama did in fact declare a number of national emergencies, none were like this. Considering he taught law at the University of Chicago and presumably knows better, I just don't ever see him going rogue on the Constitution like Trump has with this action...
Uhhh, yeah. Except for that one time he granted legal status to 5 million illegal immigrants via executive action. His justification for doing so?
Barack Obama wrote:To those members of Congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better, or question the wisdom of me acting where Congress has failed, I have one answer: Pass a bill.
Link - https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... immigrants

Even SNL did a sketch on this one:

DAPA was ultimately blocked by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals and the block was effectively upheld by the Supreme Court in a 4-4 tie.

So let's not pretend that Obama is some kind of legal scholar. Either he didn't know what what he was doing was unconstitutional or he did know and did it anyways.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:43 pm

If you ever heard his interview on WBEZ, from way back before he was a Senator, you'll know he can't stand the US Constitution. He doesn't like the freedom from government tyranny that the Constitution provides, in particular.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:04 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:42 pm
While Obama did in fact declare a number of national emergencies, none were like this. Considering he taught law at the University of Chicago and presumably knows better, I just don't ever see him going rogue on the Constitution like Trump has with this action...
Uhhh, yeah. Except for that one time he granted legal status to 5 million illegal immigrants via executive action. His justification for doing so?
Barack Obama wrote:To those members of Congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better, or question the wisdom of me acting where Congress has failed, I have one answer: Pass a bill.
Link - https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... immigrants

Even SNL did a sketch on this one:

DAPA was ultimately blocked by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals and the block was effectively upheld by the Supreme Court in a 4-4 tie.

So let's not pretend that Obama is some kind of legal scholar. Either he didn't know what what he was doing was unconstitutional or he did know and did it anyways.
Ok sparky... Trump is whining because Congress DID pass a bill with a bunch of border stuff he wanted and agreed with in it. Unlike Obama simply taking executive action if congress wouldn’t, Trump is going above and beyond Congress... this is not what the National Emergency Declaration is supposed to be used for... it wasn’t developed to usurp congress’s constitutional authority to appropriate money for projects or to use the military to complete such projects... it was only intended to provide the military with things like housing and such in times of national emergency, this doesn’t pass muster and violates the section of the constitution dealing with appropriations as the purview of Congress and it severely steps on their toes... they may even have the 2/3rds in the senate to block it. You already know the house will vote to do so and if such a resolution is to come up McConnell can’t sit on it... it must be voted on within 18 days...

If it passes muster then do not say a single word in opposition to whatever a Democrat cooks up on healthcare, guns or climate change... this Pandora’s box hangs around Conservatives necks... the genie won’t go quietly back in the bottle after this... I’m not sure how that is a hard concept to grasp for you folks...

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:53 pm

2001 WBEZ Interview. Excerpted.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sMJS4CP3OC0

About 75% of what was wrong for America about him, seven years before he ran for POTUS IN 2008.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:28 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:52 am
Will he get to the freakin point? He’s just rambling...

Now he admires the death penalty for drug dealers... fantastic...

I had to get on to other things but there’s a guy that says a lot and still says almost nothing...
Kinda makes you wonder what the punishment should be for pissing all over the Constitution as an elected official?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic