Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 10-07-2017 at 9:30a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Matt Charboneau is a hack

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Matt Charboneau is a hack

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:59 am

Matt Charboneau has to be the biggest homer beat writer employed by the Detroit News, and they let him do the Big Ten power rankings. Let me preface this by saying I don't care that he has MIchigan fourth. The offense needs to make some major strides, but the special teams and defense are championship caliber. It is a bit ridiculous that he has Ohio State ahead of them after they were curb-stomped by Oklahoma, but Michigan will have its chance in the next 2 1/2 months to prove it is the best team in the conference.

What I take offense to is that he has SPARTY at #5, ahead of Maryland, Purdue, and Iowa! This is a team that went 3-9 a year ago and has only beaten two MAC teams. As much as it pains me to say it, I really hope Notre Dame takes it to Sparty this weekend.

http://www.detroitnews.com/picture-gall ... 105683386/

NS8401

Re: Matt Charboneau is a hack

Post by NS8401 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:59 am
Matt Charboneau has to be the biggest homer beat writer employed by the Detroit News, and they let him do the Big Ten power rankings. Let me preface this by saying I don't care that he has MIchigan fourth. The offense needs to make some major strides, but the special teams and defense are championship caliber. It is a bit ridiculous that he has Ohio State ahead of them after they were curb-stomped by Oklahoma, but Michigan will have its chance in the next 2 1/2 months to prove it is the best team in the conference.

What I take offense to is that he has SPARTY at #5, ahead of Maryland, Purdue, and Iowa! This is a team that went 3-9 a year ago and has only beaten two MAC teams. As much as it pains me to say it, I really hope Notre Dame takes it to Sparty this weekend.

http://www.detroitnews.com/picture-gall ... 105683386/
Michigan has a very pedestrian offense... a 9-3 team at best.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 pm

U-M should be #3. I'd put MSU at seventh maybe.

Charboneau does indeed suck; no argument here.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:28 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 pm
U-M should be #3. I'd put MSU at seventh maybe.

Charboneau does indeed suck; no argument here.
I'd say 4th... we play the other 3 ranked teams so that'll tell the tale... but we don't look top 10 especially offensively... our drop from 7 to 8 illustrates that other folks are seeing the same kind of trend of underperformance.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:55 am

Charboneau's rankings look especially absurd now!

MSU got killed last night. Most folks had them ranked between 8th and 10th after last week's contests.

Matt, your wish was granted!

BTW, there need to be better camera angles at the goal line at Spartan Stadium. The replay review of the TD vs. fumble at the goal line in the second quarter had NO conclusive camera angles available!!!
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:21 pm

I'd make an argument after this week that Michigan could be #1 in the conference, but we'll get to see in the coming weeks. If Michigan State is any higher than #10 in this week's ranking, Charboneau should be fired.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:21 pm
I'd make an argument after this week that Michigan could be #1 in the conference, but we'll get to see in the coming weeks. If Michigan State is any higher than #10 in this week's ranking, Charboneau should be fired.
Step slowly away from the weed... Michigan is 4th in the conference and no higher until they prove otherwise.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:02 pm

The top four is pretty murky at the moment.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:04 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:40 pm
Matt wrote:
Step slowly away from the weed... Michigan is 4th in the conference and no higher until they prove otherwise.
They beat Penn State and Wisconsin last year. They arguably beat Ohio State #JTWasShort

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:04 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:40 pm
Matt wrote:
They beat Penn State and Wisconsin last year. They arguably beat Ohio State #JTWasShort
That was a more experienced team... this one has a rattly offense, solid defense that lets folks move the ball and a near automatic place kicker...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:11 pm

After Penn State narrowly escaped with a win, Charbo-neau-nothing still has them ranked #1.

The dimwit placed MSU at #7 (!!!) after they got killed at home by the Irish. That's pretty generous placement, I would say.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:50 am

He is indeed very awful. State has two MAC wins and they were jail-sexed by ND.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic