Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 10-07-2017 at 9:30a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

No takes on Stafford's new contract?

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Lester The Nightfly

No takes on Stafford's new contract?

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:29 am

Should I break out the smelling salts?

craig11152

Re: No takes on Stafford's new contract?

Post by craig11152 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:18 am

I think anyone paying attention knew he was going to get the new largest contract in history.
My personal opinion of Stafford is that he is good enough to win a Super Bowl IF he has enough talent around him. He certainly needs MORE talent around him than a few QB's but I think there are some QB's who couldn't win a Super Bowl no matter the talent around them.

To me the contract itself is less interesting than the fact that it happened under the soon to be 92 year old Martha Ford regime.
Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Stafford got overpaid...BIG TIME. He has done absolutely nothing to earn that type of pay day. But the Lions need him a lot more than he needs the Lions. So, the Lions had little choice but to give him a massive pay day.

At the end of the day, the Lions will continue to be an exercise in futility, and it would not surprise me at all if Mr. Stafford does not win a single playoff game during the remainder of his time here in Detroit.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:27 pm
the Lions will continue to be an exercise in futility
This is probably the most accurate, to-the-point description I have ever heard or read of the Lions organization.

To illustrate just how absurd this contract is:

Tom Brady Salary: $20.5 million
Tom Brady playoff wins: 25

Matthew Stafford Salary: $27 million
Matthew Stafford playoff wins: 0

So basically Brady gets paid less than $1 million per playoff win and Stafford's can't even be calculated because division by 0 is an illegal mathematical operation.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Thank you, sir. :)

I love the fact you were able to employ the phrase "illegal mathematical operation" to describe the Stafford deal....that's very good stuff! Results matter. Unless you are the Detroit Lions, of course.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:14 am

I'd say he earned his keep yesterday.

Problem is, only 15 more games to go before either a playoff miss or a playoff loss.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:40 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:14 am
I'd say he earned his keep yesterday.

Problem is, only 15 more games to go before either a playoff miss or a playoff loss.
If the defense can keep that up we may be ok...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:57 pm

This Arizona team he faced yesterday is probably an 8-8 team.

Let's see how he looks on the ROAD against someone good!

theee

Post by theee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:50 am

Carson Palmer is starting to look more and more like Cap Rooney (with a weaker arm). Glad they didn't bring in Steamin' Willie Beamen

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:54 pm

The Giants are in for a LOOOONG season.

Stafford, once again, earned his pay. Nobody will complain about it until they lose a few games.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:16 am

should we consider this the official 2017-18(?) Detroit Lions thread?
Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic