Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

AOC apartment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
craig11152

Re: AOC apartment

Post by craig11152 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:00 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:39 pm
I accused nobody of anything. I made a general statement without naming a soul.
That is true but given your sentence immediately followed this that was directed at me....
"On another point, why are you attacking someone who worked hard and achieved success? Jealous much?"
followed by.....
Many men are threatened by women with power, especially if the woman has brown skin.

perhaps you can see where I might have assumed a doubling down on the original statement.
But if that was not your intent I take it at face value.....I misinterpreted.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:18 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:27 pm
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:50 am
Vic Doucette wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:07 pm
Many men are threatened by women with power, especially if the woman has brown skin.
Nice case of libel. You forgot Condi Rice, who we all wanted to run for President.
How is this libelous? Show your work.
Accusing "many men" of having an inherant flaw that makes them particularly offensive. Id like you to also show youre work: where do you get the premise that "many men" object to a woman of color in power? Thats pretty harsh, strong rhetoric... Sounds like you want to badmouth a whole lot of people and make them look ignorant just to make your own supposedly enlightened self seem " superior". You brought up skin color in a way to besmearch and demean many people outside of your little bubble. Sounds like an attempt at scoring cheap political points through character assisination. Ya better back it up. And no HuffPoo propaganda. I want legitimate, honest sources.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:34 pm

A foe button is a valuable device.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:55 pm

And another Oldies 84 Flashback, “The Old Apartment” by The Barenaked Ladies, From that great year 1997,
And the hits just keep going on coming....

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:55 am

Can't you hear the meeting now? "Let's see if we can publish where she lives, and maybe someone will take care of things.."

'THIS ISN'T A GAME': ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ SLAMS REPORTS ON HER HOME AFTER COAST GUARD OFFICER ARRESTED WITH ALLEGED POLITICIAN HIT LIST

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:02 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:34 pm
A foe button is a valuable device.
Yes, You’re absolutely right, I use mine when TC is on and he’s the one that told us about it, Kind of ironic 😆

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:29 pm

From what I have read, she is living or will live in an area that many political staffers live, both congressional and White House. It is quiet, affordable, for DC and there are things to do in the area...Not sticking up for her but it does sound like a good decision on her part, which would be a first.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:17 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:29 pm
From what I have read, she is living or will live in an area that many political staffers live, both congressional and White House. It is quiet, affordable, for DC and there are things to do in the area...Not sticking up for her but it does sound like a good decision on her part, which would be a first.
I am sure its a logical choice in a generic sense.
The question I am asking is whether its a choice that fits with her past and ongoing rhetoric?
If you Google up Navy Yard gentrification you can find information oh how that area has changed since the baseball park was built in 2008. It has gotten nicer, more expensive and driven out some/many of the previous citizenry who could no longer afford the area. You could sort of make the argument National Park was to Navy Yard what Amazon may have been to Long Island. Jobs, increased property values, increased rent, more upscale demographics at the expense of longtime lower income residents.
AOC fought that Amazon gentrification then seems to have moved in to a gentrified neighborhood out of convenience.
If that is a reasonable point then maybe it is a bit hypocritical. Maybe she could have found a place more in line with her "fight for the common people" mantra even if it was less convenient for her personally.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:28 pm

Back in the spring of 1998 I took my 3 daughters to DC over spring break. They were 16,14 and 12. At one point in our visit we went down to the Navy Museum in the Navy Yard area. We were taking buses and subways around town. I remember wanting to head back toward the hotel in the late afternoon and that area made me slightly nervous as the day got late and I had 3 teenage girls under my watch. Its anecdotal to be sure and may not be exactly where AOC is living but I am pretty sure that area is much nicer than it used to be and part of that is the gentrification that came in part with Amazon....errrrr.... Nationals Park.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:57 pm

So my kid's place is $3200 a month. It's decent, but not a palace.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic