Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A Note From John James

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

A Note From John James

Post by Bryce » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:22 pm

I have a feeling we'll be seeing John James again in the future. Got this note from him today.

Bryce,

As you know, we didn’t get the Election Day result we had hoped and worked so hard for. The past few days have been tough. But time with family and the outpouring of support has been amazing.

When we work so hard for something and make it so far but fall short, we tend to focus on the one thing that’s alluded us, rather than the countless blessings that may have come as a result. With your support, we built a grassroots army of over 100,000 donors and nearly 2 million voters across Michigan!

But most importantly, we elevated issues that matter – like taking care of our veterans and their families. This campaign may be over, but I know this movement still has more to do. Today’s world is dangerous, and our country is divided. The partisan bickering we see today is not sustainable. In America, we pledge allegiance to a flag, not to a party or a president.

I promise to keep fighting for a system where everyday Americans can run and be our leaders, and infuse humility, respectfulness, courage, and integrity back into the political process. I ran because I have a passion for service, and when I started this journey, I had no idea how it would end. I just wanted to bring glory to God, make my family and friends proud, and honor the men and women who served before me.

With your support over the past 18 months, we did those things together. Great job, co-pilots.

To my grassroots army, thank you for your support. Let’s fly!
-John

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Re: A Note From John James

Post by screen glare » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:07 am

Instead of the hero he started out as - he decided to fly with Trump. The guy looked like the biggest ass kisser Trump ever landed. And now - as with most things Trump touches - James 2018 is dead. Crashed and burned - due to his flying in formation with the detestsble Donald Trump. Maybe he can recover if he removes his head from Trump’s tail.
Last edited by screen glare on Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:28 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:22 pm
I have a feeling we'll be seeing John James again in the future. Got this note from him today.

Bryce,

As you know, we didn’t get the Election Day result we had hoped and worked so hard for. The past few days have been tough. But time with family and the outpouring of support has been amazing.

When we work so hard for something and make it so far but fall short, we tend to focus on the one thing that’s alluded us, rather than the countless blessings that may have come as a result. With your support, we built a grassroots army of over 100,000 donors and nearly 2 million voters across Michigan!

But most importantly, we elevated issues that matter – like taking care of our veterans and their families. This campaign may be over, but I know this movement still has more to do. Today’s world is dangerous, and our country is divided. The partisan bickering we see today is not sustainable. In America, we pledge allegiance to a flag, not to a party or a president.

I promise to keep fighting for a system where everyday Americans can run and be our leaders, and infuse humility, respectfulness, courage, and integrity back into the political process. I ran because I have a passion for service, and when I started this journey, I had no idea how it would end. I just wanted to bring glory to God, make my family and friends proud, and honor the men and women who served before me.

With your support over the past 18 months, we did those things together. Great job, co-pilots.

-John
I’ve been giving that some thought... maybe US House or lieutenant governor? He aimed a tad high for a complete unknown...

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:32 am

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:28 am
Bryce wrote:

Bryce,

-John
I’ve been giving that some thought... maybe US House or lieutenant governor? He aimed a tad high for a complete unknown...
He gave Raggedy Ann her closest race by far since she was initially elected. It's a bit insulting to suggest Lt. Governor for him at this point. He'll have to choose rather he wants to topple Peter's in 2 years or Gretcholm in 4.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:32 am
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:28 am
Bryce wrote:

Bryce,

-John
He gave Raggedy Ann her closest race by far since she was initially elected. It's a bit insulting to suggest Lt. Governor for him at this point. He'll have to choose rather he wants to topple Peter's in 2 years or Gretcholm in 4.
He needs more seasoning is my point... he’s not ready to win... 7 is still a bit of a blowout...

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:25 am

If more attention and money had been put on this race, he could have won. A US House run is one thing, but Lt. Governor is kind of an insult.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:34 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:25 am
If more attention and money had been put on this race, he could have won. A US House run is one thing, but Lt. Governor is kind of an insult.
I’m saying that he needs more seasoning... that is precisely why more money and attention wasn’t put in for him... and Lt. Governor isn’t an insult at all... he could have been a high profile #2 and tried to build his own base for a run later... instead he opted to aim way too high...

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:55 am

NS8401 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:34 am
Matt wrote:
I’m saying that he needs more seasoning... that is precisely why more money and attention wasn’t put in for him... and Lt. Governor isn’t an insult at all... he could have been a high profile #2 and tried to build his own base for a run later... instead he opted to aim way too high...
My point is that he made it much closer than "seasoned" politicians Mike Bouchard and Pete Hoekstra. Governor, Senate, or US House are appropriate races for James to enter if he so chooses. He did fairly well on his own this time. If he's facing a freshman senator in two years or a failed Gretcholm in four years, he'll have plenty of assistance. He's now a known commodity in the state.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:51 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:55 am
NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:
My point is that he made it much closer than "seasoned" politicians Mike Bouchard and Pete Hoekstra. Governor, Senate, or US House are appropriate races for James to enter if he so chooses. He did fairly well on his own this time. If he's facing a freshman senator in two years or a failed Gretcholm in four years, he'll have plenty of assistance. He's now a known commodity in the state.
He won't knock Peters off in a presidential election year and it's hard to see him knocking Whitmer off either...

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:51 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:55 am
NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:
He won't knock Peters off in a presidential election year and it's hard to see him knocking Whitmer off either...
At best James could be a county executive.
The only guy in about the last 30 years to win statewide election after losing a U.S. Senate race is Schuette and he won an open Attorney General spot.

And I doubt he'd get any NRSC money or any other Republican money to run for Senate again given the missteps that were made in his campaign.

I wouldn't bet on congress either. If he lives in Farmington Hills its a good bet its the 14th which is Brenda Lawrence's seat and a fairly blue district. So unless he carpetbags like Paul Mitchell did to the 10th for a congressional seat I doubt he's electable in the 14th.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic