All new acct registrations in the queue as of 5/16 at 8:15p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Big Ten Men's BB Tournament

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Big Ten Men's BB Tournament

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:26 pm

I have a beef with the Big Ten conference.

Every year until now, the Big Ten men's BB tournament has taken place in either Chicago or Indianapolis. Both are fine cities with fine venues that are centrally located relative to conference schools.

This year, the conference decided to do a complete 180 and hold the tournament in....Washington, D.C. ?!?!

That's a GREAT location if you are a U. of Maryland fan, student, or alumnus.

For fans of virtually all other schools in the conference - it means paying for expensive airfare or making a very painstaking drive.

Will DETROIT ever get to play host for this great tournament??? How about Cleveland, Milwaukee, Minneapolis or Pittsburgh? Detroit has a near world class airport, will soon have a shiny new sports arena, and certainly has the amenities to support such an event.

I would say Detroit is a better option than any of the four other cities listed above, with only Minneapolis coming close.

Sure is hilarious seeing electronic advertisements for "Meijer" (based in Grand Rapids) and "The Private Bank" (based in Chicago) at a sports venue in Washington, D.C.!!!

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

Bull Shannon

Re: Big Ten Men's BB Tournament

Post by Bull Shannon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:31 pm

It's supposed to be held at Madison Square Garden next year.

I'm thinking this is related to Rutgers and Maryland joining the conference, playing the tournament near their home territory.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:45 pm

You're exactly right; it's all about pandering to the east coast crowd.

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

mtburb

Post by mtburb » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:16 am

Bull Shannon wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:31 pm
It's supposed to be held at Madison Square Garden next year.

I'm thinking this is related to Rutgers and Maryland joining the conference, playing the tournament near their home territory.
Well, I'll be :rollin as soon as I see, on television, electronic ads for Meijer and The Private Bank at Madison Square Garden come next year's tournament.

For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th) and one night in September 2017 (22nd), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic