All new acct registrations in the queue as of 5/25 at 4:40p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

A loser's mentality...(Red Wings)

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

A loser's mentality...(Red Wings)

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:07 am

In this case - "loser's mentality" applies to the Red Wings coaching staff and the pathetic lapdogs in our local print media.

This article by Ted Kulfan = diarrhea in print form.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports ... /98570332/
Ott played in 42 games this season, with six points (three goals, three assists) with a minus-6 rating and 63 penalty minutes, while proving to be a valuable leader on and off the ice.
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!! A minus 6 +/- rating and 63 penalty minutes in just 42 games = "leadership" ???

I suppose he is a "leader" in all the wrong areas.

Unbelievable.

BTW, the Helene St. James article appearing in the Freep is every bit as cringe worthy.

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

NS8401

Re: A loser's mentality...(Red Wings)

Post by NS8401 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:35 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:07 am
In this case - "loser's mentality" applies to the Red Wings coaching staff and the pathetic lapdogs in our local print media.

This article by Ted Kulfan = diarrhea in print form.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports ... /98570332/
Ott played in 42 games this season, with six points (three goals, three assists) with a minus-6 rating and 63 penalty minutes, while proving to be a valuable leader on and off the ice.
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!! A minus 6 +/- rating and 63 penalty minutes in just 42 games = "leadership" ???

I suppose he is a "leader" in all the wrong areas.

Unbelievable.

BTW, the Helene St. James article appearing in the Freep is every bit as cringe worthy.
They were a bad team on paper.. it's not a losers mentality... it's just plain sucking...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:44 am

I agree. This team was poorly constructed. We can all thank Ken Holland for that.

The local press Corp act as if he's done a masterful job when in reality...the complete opposite is true!!!

Ott = sixth round pick in 2018. Yet, he's a "leader." Unbelievable.

Freep and Det News sports pages are a shining example of FAKE NEWS. They ought to rename it the Bullshit section.

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:58 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:44 am
I agree. This team was poorly constructed. We can all thank Ken Holland for that.

The local press Corp act as if he's done a masterful job when in reality...the complete opposite is true!!!

Ott = sixth round pick in 2018. Yet, he's a "leader." Unbelievable.

Freep and Det News sports pages are a shining example of FAKE NEWS. They ought to rename it the Bullshit section.
I would question how much any sports columnist really knows about anything... they seem to spout a lot and have insight rarely... I wouldn't really waste this much energy on it to be honest...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:06 pm

For Detroit's print media, your comment certainly holds true. However, I've read some quality work from time to time in other publications, such as the Chicago Tribune.

Bob Wojnowski used to be a magnificent writer. These days, his writing style is very lazy.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:00 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:06 pm
For Detroit's print media, your comment certainly holds true. However, I've read some quality work from time to time in other publications, such as the Chicago Tribune.

Bob Wojnowski used to be a magnificent writer. These days, his writing style is very lazy.
Quality also depends on if you agree or not... for example some fool somewhere might think Stephen A. Smith is good at commentary... I think he's an absolute moron... it's all in the content of the item and your view of it going in...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:36 am

Agree 100 percent on Smith; I cannot stand the guy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Holland was great when he could buy what he wanted thanks to Mr. I's open checkbook. In the salary cap era he has been a dismal failure.

Gone are the days you can put a team together that has 10 future hall of fame players on the first two lines.

~The people that predicted new technology would make us a paperless society evidently never tried to wipe their butt with an iPhone"~

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic