All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
just interested

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by just interested » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:18 pm

So you really think Michigan will only win three more games?

I wouldn't count your chickens yet either.

The tough part of MSU's schedule starts in two weeks.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:20 pm

just interested wrote:So you really think Michigan will only win three more games?

I wouldn't count your chickens yet either.

The tough part of MSU's schedule starts in two weeks.
With an anemic offense it'll catch up to them...

just interested

Post by just interested » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:55 am

Shouldn't happen this week then, since the truly anemic offense in Ann Arbor this weekend will belong to NW. At least statistically, coming into this game. With both defenses even, I like Michigan's chances with the more productive offense. And unless MSU shows some major offense in NJ this weekend, I like Michigan's chances against an offense that is getting a lot of praise for being average.

just interested

Post by just interested » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:52 pm

OK, Michigan just shut out NW. Absolutely crushed them. Time to take care of business next week. Bring on the Spartans! The best defense in the nation is ready.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:51 pm

just interested wrote:OK, Michigan just shut out NW. Absolutely crushed them. Time to take care of business next week. Bring on the Spartans! The best defense in the nation is ready.
And the weakest offense for miles is ready too? MSU escaped with a 31-24 win over Rutgers.. Now the question is: will MSU score points come next week?

I'm telling you guys right now that the Harbaugh train will derail this season.. That's why I'm not boarding this one... I'll catch the next one thanks.

just interested

Post by just interested » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:49 am

NS8401 wrote:
just interested wrote:OK, Michigan just shut out NW. Absolutely crushed them. Time to take care of business next week. Bring on the Spartans! The best defense in the nation is ready.
And the weakest offense for miles is ready too? MSU escaped with a 31-24 win over Rutgers.. Now the question is: will MSU score points come next week?

I'm telling you guys right now that the Harbaugh train will derail this season.. That's why I'm not boarding this one... I'll catch the next one thanks.
When you talk about the weakest offense for miles I am assuming you are talking about MSU. Michigan scored 38 points on the number one scoring defense in the nation. MSU struggled mightily against a Rutgers team that isn't’t very good. Michigan will probably be the home favorite heading into the game.

Have fun waiting for whatever train you are looking for. Don't get too lonely and don't get run over by the Harbaugh train as you wait. It has a tendency to run over people lately.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:27 am

NS8401 wrote:I'm telling you guys right now that the Harbaugh train will derail this season
Can you clarify that? What constitutes a "derailment"?
NS8401 wrote:I'm not boarding this one... I'll catch the next one thanks.

Another clarification....your going to wait till Harbaugh leaves in whatever fashion that may be?
What if he turns out to be another Bo or Lloyd and sticks around for 10-20 years?

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:57 am

craig11152 wrote:
NS8401 wrote:I'm telling you guys right now that the Harbaugh train will derail this season

Another clarification....your going to wait till Harbaugh leaves in whatever fashion that may be?
What if he turns out to be another Bo or Lloyd and sticks around for 10-20 years?
It's a pair of simple statements... This team will lose again and I'm not gonna get hyped up about them only to be let down which is inevitable.
just interested wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

When you talk about the weakest offense for miles I am assuming you are talking about MSU. Michigan scored 38 points on the number one scoring defense in the nation. MSU struggled mightily against a Rutgers team that isn't’t very good. Michigan will probably be the home favorite heading into the game.

Have fun waiting for whatever train you are looking for. Don't get too lonely and don't get run over by the Harbaugh train as you wait. It has a tendency to run over people lately.
One was a defensive touchdown and one was a special teams touchdown... Their offense only put up 24...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:30 am

NS8401 wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

It's a pair of simple statements... This team will lose again and I'm not gonna get hyped up about them only to be let down which is inevitable.
They aren't simple statement's they are pretty freaking vague. And your answers seem pretty vague. So your definition of a derailment is anything short of a win on Jan 11th in Glendale AZ? Because if another loss is a derailment then that means they need to run the table.

just interested

Post by just interested » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:58 am

NS8401 wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

just interested wrote:
NS8401 wrote:

One was a defensive touchdown and one was a special teams touchdown... Their offense only put up 24...
Well, the game was over after the first play, essentially, so they certainly didn't need much offensive output. Besides, there will be another defensive touchdown this year as this is the best defense in the nation and I am far from the only one who believes it.

You, on the other hand, believe the Harbaugh train will derail this year and you are the only person that believes it. I don't know what you have been watching, but it is clear it's not the Michigan football team.

BTW, you don't have me fooled I know by what you have said that you are no fan of Michigan. So stop with the pathetic charade, it makes you look stupid.

just interested

Post by just interested » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:01 am

Going back to my original post on this thread, where is Jack who started it?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:07 am

I'm quite excited about how the Wolverines have played the last few games. Each week, they seem to be getting better & better. They have exceeded my expectations up to this point.

The only question I have is the offense's ability to charge hard in all four quarters. The Wolverines scored only 7 points in the second half against UNLV and 10 yesterday against Northwestern. (Granted, the big lead heading into the second half likely affected the Wolverines play calling to an extent.)

Michigan's play defensively has been outstanding, definitely the best in the country among FBS schools. (I mean, if the Wolverines aren't the best, then who is?)

The Spartans have played sloppy on defense each of the past two weeks against lousy teams. If they do that in Ann Arbor, they are in for an ass kicking. I don't think they will, though. As banged up as that MSU team is due to injury, I think they will bring their "A" game this coming Saturday. Dantonio loathes Michigan and Michigan fans, and he instills that hatred in his players. Given the Spartans' injuries, U-M's tough defense, and the fact the game is at the Big House, I have to give the advantage to Michigan, but my gut tells me it will be a fairly close game nonetheless.

I do hope, though, that Michigan just kills the Spartans. I want to hear Mike Valenti cry on the radio. :horns

By the way, I would remiss if I didn't mention what a moron Matt Millen is. Millen - after Northwestern is down 21 to zip - says "it's important that Northwestern stick to its playbook and not try anything risky." Really?!!! The same playbook that dug them into a 21 to 0 hole early in the first half?!!! Yeah, great idea. What a MORON.

Wouldn't shock me if U-M cracks the top 10 in the new rankings given yesterday's impressive victory over the Wildcats. They certainly shouldn't be any lower than 11th or 12th. Wouldn't it be something if both U-M *and* MSU were top 10 nationally ranked teams heading into next weekend's contest? NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, would have expected that this year.

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

just interested

Post by just interested » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:06 am

If Michigan wins you won't hear a thing from him on Monaday, because he won't be there. He has a tendency to bail out on Mondays after Michigan has beaten State. Then he will show up on Tuesday, stating that it was a scheduled day off. He will start his show talking about the Lions and when a caller tries to get him to talk about MSU and Michigan his response will be, "Michigan won, so what. OSU is going to beat the crap out of Michigan." Then he won't say anything else aboutit. He will disengage and change the subject.

If Michigan wins, Valenti won't show. Book it.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:41 am

craig11152 wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

They aren't simple statement's they are pretty freaking vague. And your answers seem pretty vague. So your definition of a derailment is anything short of a win on Jan 11th in Glendale AZ? Because if another loss is a derailment then that means they need to run the table.
Look Squirrel... It means they aren't going to win out... It's pretty freaking simple... When is a derailment ever a good thing? It means things are going to get jacked up...

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:16 pm

Latest AP poll:
MSU #7
Michigan #12

If they beat MSU they'll be top 10... My they will break down prediction stands anyways...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:11 pm

I sure was hoping Michigan would reach the top 10. Oh well...12th ain't bad.

So far, the Spartans remind me of last year's Seminoles. Hopefully that script gets shred to pieces in another six days.

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

Howard Jones

Post by Howard Jones » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:09 pm

:rollin at NS' posts in this thread. Do people hear that telltale "beep - beep - beep - beep" sound as you're backing up? Way to stick your neck out there calling for a college football team to lose a game during the season. You need to stop by a tailgate party sometime so you can get destroyed for your douchbagginess in person.

Things can only get better

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Howard Jones wrote::rollin at NS' posts in this thread. Do people hear that telltale "beep - beep - beep - beep" sound as you're backing up? Way to stick your neck out there calling for a college football team to lose a game during the season. You need to stop by a tailgate party sometime so you can get destroyed for your douchbagginess in person.
The only backing up is me about to run your post over... When you watch YOUR team play a game don't you want YOUR team to win and the OTHER COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM PLAYING DURING ITS SEASON TO LOSE?!?!?!?!?!?!!!????! I hope your foot is tasty because it's gonna take a long time to get it out of your mouth.

I don't tailgate... Quite frankly sitting around getting drunk is highly overrated. As is watching a game while hammered. Doing the first in a parking lot and the second with 100,000 other people while hammered is even dumber...

Way to stick my neck out there? You know one more loss and any playoff hopes are toastier than the Lions season for Harbaugh right?

Howard Jones

Post by Howard Jones » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:02 pm

:lol Wut? You amuse me... please post some more here. I have zero idea how your first two sentences relate to my post as I don't root for either M or MSU. I'm originally from Texas and my college rooting interests reside elsewhere (go Aggies!).

Let's go to the douchbaggerie evidence!
NS8401 wrote:I went to EMU, grew up in Ann Arbor and am a Michigan fan.
NS8401 wrote:They've already got the 0 hung in the win column :lol
NS8401 wrote:And at halftime it's 21-0 not Michigan.
NS8401 wrote:Don't count your chickens yet guy.... The hard part of the schedule is starting... Maybe 7 if you're lucky.
NS8401 wrote:When you watch YOUR team play a game don't you want YOUR team to win and the OTHER COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM PLAYING DURING ITS SEASON TO LOSE?!?!?!?!?!?!!!????!
Judges?

Things can only get better

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Howard Jones wrote::lol Wut? You amuse me... please post some more here. I have zero idea how your first two sentences relate to my post as I don't root for either M or MSU. I'm originally from Texas and my college rooting interests reside elsewhere (go Aggies!).

Let's go to the douchbaggerie evidence!
NS8401 wrote:I went to EMU, grew up in Ann Arbor and am a Michigan fan.
NS8401 wrote:They've already got the 0 hung in the win column :lol
NS8401 wrote:And at halftime it's 21-0 not Michigan.
NS8401 wrote:Don't count your chickens yet guy.... The hard part of the schedule is starting... Maybe 7 if you're lucky.
NS8401 wrote:When you watch YOUR team play a game don't you want YOUR team to win and the OTHER COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM PLAYING DURING ITS SEASON TO LOSE?!?!?!?!?!?!!!????!
Judges?
I never said you rooted for either... It goes for any team you root for... You want somebody else to lose during their season. If that makes me a douchebag or something then... I guess I'm guilty? I'm not really sure what your problem with me is if you don't care about either team?

Wouldn't everybody else rooting for MSU or Michigan and against everybody else also qualify for "douchebag"?

Does my dislike of Jim Harbaugh coaching Michigan and actively rooting against him make me a criminal?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic