All new acct registrations in the queue as of 5/16 at 8:15p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 1635
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:23 am

Sparky wrote:The issues that led to Meyer falling apart at Florida are coming up at Ohio State. That's obvious now. And with so many graduations and players leaving, next year, they may finally just go away. Let's all hope.
Not sure I'm seeing what your seeing.



User avatar
Sparky
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by Sparky » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:13 am

Where you been? You haven't seen all the arrests???



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:02 am

Doesn't matter. OSU is a football factory. Besides, I want Michigan to beat a strong OSU team next season, not a weakened one.

Victories against mediocre teams don't mean much.


Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

User avatar
Howard Jones
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by Howard Jones » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:06 pm

Just because I'm an asshole: How's the whole premise behind this thread working out for you Jack?

Feeling good about piling on there NS?


Things can only get better

NS8401
Posts: 7970
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by NS8401 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:27 pm

Howard Jones wrote:Just because I'm an asshole: How's the whole premise behind this thread working out for you Jack?

Feeling good about piling on there NS?
Not at present... I'll wait till the Harbaugh express crashes to a halt...



User avatar
Howard Jones
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by Howard Jones » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:45 pm

Serious question: why?

Why root for the team you claim to be a fan of to crash to a halt? Why not enjoy the ride while it's happening?

Every team loses eventually and has tough seasons /periods. No doubt it happens again to Michigan - it's just a fact.


Things can only get better

NS8401
Posts: 7970
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by NS8401 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Howard Jones wrote:Serious question: why?

Why root for the team you claim to be a fan of to crash to a halt? Why not enjoy the ride while it's happening?

Every team loses eventually and has tough seasons /periods. No doubt it happens again to Michigan - it's just a fact.
It's fun....



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:45 pm

Another uninspired U-M football performance. Shocking, I know.

Very disappointing effort today. Only team in the conference not to win its bowl game. Zero wins against good teams this year. The offense turned in an embarrassing performance today, reminiscent of the U-M / MSU game. Sparty has every right to be laughing its ass off right now. I know I'd be doing so if I were an MSU fan.

This season fell short of my expectations, which weren't lofty to start with.

Next year needs to be better than this or I'll be calling for Harbaugh's head.


Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

originalzzmfmjock
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: west michigan

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:58 pm

That was an embarrassing loss for U of M today. To be leading 19-3 late in the 3rd quarter and to totally collapse as they did is inexcusable.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 5201
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:29 pm

BTW, I had it right earlier in the year. I want the OC gone. NOW.


Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 1635
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:22 am

Taking a look at next years schedule I see 6-6 based on the way they played this year. They will beat the weak teams and lose to good teams which makes them mediocre.
M fans need to get on their knees and pray the NCAA lets that QB from Ole Miss play.... and that ain't no guarantee of some magical success it just seems like it could be better than what we have at QB.



NS8401
Posts: 7970
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by NS8401 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:11 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:22 am
Taking a look at next years schedule I see 6-6 based on the way they played this year. They will beat the weak teams and lose to good teams which makes them mediocre.
M fans need to get on their knees and pray the NCAA lets that QB from Ole Miss play.... and that ain't no guarantee of some magical success it just seems like it could be better than what we have at QB.
I just get the feeling Michigan is a has-been in recruits minds compared to SEC teams, Ohio State and some of the PAC-10...



User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 1635
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:42 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:11 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:22 am
Taking a look at next years schedule I see 6-6 based on the way they played this year. They will beat the weak teams and lose to good teams which makes them mediocre.
M fans need to get on their knees and pray the NCAA lets that QB from Ole Miss play.... and that ain't no guarantee of some magical success it just seems like it could be better than what we have at QB.
I just get the feeling Michigan is a has-been in recruits minds compared to SEC teams, Ohio State and some of the PAC-10...
I think we are suffering a down period like a lot of teams historically do. We went 40 years from the year before Bo to Lloyd last year without a losing season. One time Bo went 6-6. I'm not sure anyone else can say that. My point being Michigan was due for some down years.... everybody has them. Ohio State went 15 years with 14 of those at 9-3 or worse from 1980 to 94. Alabama had some down years before Sabin too. Florida won 2 national titles in 3 years not long ago and have been less than spectacular since including a losing season. These things go in cycles.
I don't see any reason we can't recover with the right coach. We have outstanding facilities, the biggest stadium in North America, the school is well known for academics (which ironically could be a negative) , Ann Arbor is 25 minutes from an International Airport and a Delta hub. Its a well known town nationally. There are reasons to come here but ya right now on-field success ain't high on the list.
But Dantonio turned a pretty mediocre MSU program around and East Lansing isn't exactly a hot spot destination point. So I think Michigan football can come back but I am starting to get nervous about whether we have found the right coach or not.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic