All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
JackAttack FM

Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by JackAttack FM » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:19 am

31 days

Matt

Re: Countdown to Jim Harbaugh's next losing season

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:25 am

Why are sparties so OBSESSED with Michigan?

I do take some solace in the fact that you were insistent that Harbaugh wasn't coming to Michigan.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:25 am

Matt wrote:Why are sparties so OBSESSED with Michigan?

I do take some solace in the fact that you were insistent that Harbaugh wasn't coming to Michigan.
I'm gonna laugh at you guys when he never manages to make it happen. Michigans prestige wore off a long time ago in athletics so fogettabout it...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:40 am

NS8401 wrote: Michigans prestige wore off a long time ago in athletics so fogettabout it...
You should call Nike and let them know. Maybe they can invoke NS8401 clause and get out of that contract.

Even as a Michigan fan I would have agreed completely with you until Nike signed that contact. But the people who run Nike are not stupid so maybe they know something you (and I) don't about Michigan's marketing value. Unless you think people buy gear from a school because of their academic prowess. Personally I think only an Ivy league or a couple other private schools could sell gear on academics.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:24 am

30 days.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:21 am

JackAttack FM wrote:30 days.
They've already got the 0 hung in the win column :lol

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:49 am

29 days.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:29 am

JackAttack FM wrote:29 days.
The 1 for the loss column has been shipped...

radiodoc

Post by radiodoc » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:01 am

I really have no dog in the fight, but it's clear you two douchebags are exactly the the type of fan you bitch about with the Wolverines. I'm betting neither Jack, nor NS8 went to MSU. Therefore, neither of you qualify to be Spartan fans.
Whether you like Harbaugh or not, whether you like Michigan or not,...Harbaugh will win at Michigan.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:44 am

28 days.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:53 am

radiodoc wrote:I really have no dog in the fight, but it's clear you two douchebags are exactly the the type of fan you bitch about with the Wolverines. I'm betting neither Jack, nor NS8 went to MSU. Therefore, neither of you qualify to be Spartan fans.
Whether you like Harbaugh or not, whether you like Michigan or not,...Harbaugh will win at Michigan.
I went to EMU, grew up in Ann Arbor and am a Michigan fan. I just hate Harbaugh with a passion for being a cocky arrogant ass of a person.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:56 am

craig11152 wrote:
NS8401 wrote: Michigans prestige wore off a long time ago in athletics so fogettabout it...
You should call Nike and let them know. Maybe they can invoke NS8401 clause and get out of that contract.

Even as a Michigan fan I would have agreed completely with you until Nike signed that contact. But the people who run Nike are not stupid so maybe they know something you (and I) don't about Michigan's marketing value. Unless you think people buy gear from a school because of their academic prowess. Personally I think only an Ivy league or a couple other private schools could sell gear on academics.
I wouldn't look at Nike's involvement being indicative of anything other than Nike's desire to sell gear colored Maize and Blue with the letter "M" tattooed on it.

“I hope nobody ever starts thinking this company is some kind of institution,” Phil Knight once told Inc. Magazine “We’re still just a bunch of guys selling sneakers.”

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:50 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

I wouldn't look at Nike's involvement being indicative of anything other than Nike's desire to sell gear colored Maize and Blue with the letter "M" tattooed on it.

“I hope nobody ever starts thinking this company is some kind of institution,” Phil Knight once told Inc. Magazine “We’re still just a bunch of guys selling sneakers.”
I agree, do you have a point? The reason Nike shelled out an NCAA record deal with Michigan is so they can sell gear. They didn't do it to lose money out of some love for Michigan. They must figure they can sell enough gear to turn a profit on that giant multi year contract. Which rolls back to my point countering NS8401 that for whatever reason Michigan still has some sort of prestige or Nike wouldn't have paid out what they did.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:29 am

radiodoc wrote:I really have no dog in the fight, but it's clear you two douchebags are exactly the the type of fan you bitch about with the Wolverines. I'm betting neither Jack, nor NS8 went to MSU. Therefore, neither of you qualify to be Spartan fans.
In Jack's case, you can add too stupid to do a countdown correctly. Michigan's season starts 29 days from today, not 28.
NS8401 wrote:
I went to EMU, grew up in Ann Arbor and am a Michigan fan. I just hate Harbaugh with a passion for being a cocky arrogant ass of a person.
Have you had personal interactions with Harbaugh, or are you just following the lazy narrative?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Matt wrote: Have you had personal interactions with Harbaugh, or are you just following the lazy narrative?
I love those either or questions. Its possible to have additional options.

Have you stopped beating your wife sir? Its a simple yes or no question.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:06 pm

Matt wrote:
In Jack's case, you can add too stupid to do a countdown correctly. Michigan's season starts 29 days from today, not 28.
NS8401 wrote:
Have you had personal interactions with Harbaugh, or are you just following the lazy narrative?
I'm going by observations and just the way I've seen the jerk carry himself. He's straight out of a bad sports comedy.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:43 pm

20 days.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:29 am

JackAttack FM wrote:20 days.
And at halftime it's 21-0 not Michigan.

just interested

Post by just interested » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Has this thread really been abandoned?

I could never imagine why?

Could the guy who started this thread come back and tell us why he has stopped his countdown?

I'm just kidding, I know why this thread has been abandoned...and so does the guy who started it.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:33 pm

just interested wrote:Has this thread really been abandoned?

I could never imagine why?

Could the guy who started this thread come back and tell us why he has stopped his countdown?

I'm just kidding, I know why this thread has been abandoned...and so does the guy who started it.
Don't count your chickens yet guy.... The hard part of the schedule is starting... Maybe 7 if you're lucky.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic