Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MSU vs. UM predictions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
craig11152

Re: MSU vs. UM predictions

Post by craig11152 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:34 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:56 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:44 pm
Do any of you guys actually think a team keeps the same signals indefinitely? Do you not think they would at minimum change the signals when they are facing a team with a former player of theirs?
Of course not. They change regularly. Which is why Michigan apparently saw fit to send people out this season to get the latest info.
And NOW THAT EVERYBODY KNOWS they change their signs again and the Michigan advantage GOING FORWARD is gone. That was MY ONLY POINT with respect to my original post commenting on another post.
Not that Michigan didn't cheat. IF what has been suggested is true then they did cheat evidently. And I am fully willing to admit it could have been an advantage to some perhas large degree.
But I refuse to believe......
"So going forward, Michigan maintains an unfair advantage. All future opponents will have to put in extra time learning new signals or systems of signals. They'll use more wristbands, scripted drives, and they'll run players in and out more often with the plays.

I think teams can adjust quickly. It might be a bit of an issue for MSU on short notice but that's it.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:39 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:34 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Do any of you guys actually think a team keeps the same signals indefinitely? Do you not think they would at minimum change the signals when they are facing a team with a former player of theirs?
Of course not. They change regularly. Which is why Michigan apparently saw fit to send people out this season to get the latest info.
And NOW THAT EVERYBODY KNOWS they change their signs again and the Michigan advantage GOING FORWARD is gone. That was MY ONLY POINT with respect to my original post commenting on another post.
Not that Michigan didn't cheat. IF what has been suggested is true then they did cheat evidently. And I am fully willing to admit it could have been an advantage to some perhas large degree.
"So going forward, Michigan maintains an unfair advantage. All future opponents will have to put in extra time learning new signals or systems of signals. They'll use more wristbands, scripted drives, and they'll run players in and out more often with the plays.

I think teams can adjust quickly. It might be a bit of an issue for MSU on short notice but that's it.
I'll say it: Michigan didn't cheat. You can question the ethics all you want, but I'm not going to sit here and NOT challenge the bullshit claim that this amounts to cheating.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:45 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:39 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

I'll say it: Michigan didn't cheat. You can question the ethics all you want, but I'm not going to sit here and NOT challenge the bullshit claim that this amounts to cheating.
If they even got one play right because they knew exactly how to respond... then you lose Sparky.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:03 pm

I'm more interested in the dirt behind the firing of one of their OCs last off season (Matt Weiss) due to alleged unauthorized email / computer access than this.

I agree with Paul Finebaum:
https://www.si.com/college/michigan/foo ... ebaum-espn

The NCAA has its panties in a bunch because Harbaugh refused to succumb to their bullying last off season. Spreading negative press against the program and creating a distraction the week of the in-state rivalry matchup is the NCAA's way of screwing him.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:06 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:45 pm
Matt wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

If they even got one play right because they knew exactly how to respond... then you lose Sparky.
Wrong as usual. Sign stealing is not illegal. Maybe stick to blindly defending the dementia patient in the WH and your duties as a moderator on michiganbusboard.com.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:03 pm
I'm more interested in the dirt behind the firing of one of their OCs last off season (Matt Weiss) due to alleged unauthorized email / computer access than this.

I agree with Paul Finebaum:
https://www.si.com/college/michigan/foo ... ebaum-espn
The word on the street with Weiss is that he was trying to see if Cade McNamara was recruiting teammates to join him at Iowa, which would be tampering.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:12 pm

Ah - so he was accessing players' email accounts in unauthorized fashion to see if Cade was contacting them?

If that's the case, Weiss deserved to be terminated.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:14 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:06 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

Wrong as usual. Sign stealing is not illegal. Maybe stick to blindly defending the dementia patient in the WH and your duties as a moderator on michiganbusboard.com.
Going to games and conducting "research" is... I'll be at the OSU game this year. The only other game I was at was Appalachian State in 2007... given tickets because the people regarded it as a blowoff game. So you're welcome in advance... I rarely go to games my team wins.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:20 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:14 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

Going to games and conducting "research" is... I'll be at the OSU game this year. The only other game I was at was Appalachian State in 2007... given tickets because the people regarded it as a blowoff game. So you're welcome in advance... I rarely go to games my team wins.
Wrong again.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:28 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:20 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

Wrong again.
You are literally a Harbaugh on Fifth Avenue true blue believer huh?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:49 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:28 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

Wrong again.
Nope. There is a 1994 rule that says you can't travel AND record a game as a cost savings rule. For a person who claims to be a fan, you're awfully willing to shit on the program without applying ANY critical thinking.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:04 pm

https://twitter.com/SamWebb77/status/17 ... la6xQ&s=19

Good point that these photos were so readily available... Hmmm...

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:47 pm

Some evidence also pointing that OSU started this whole “investigation”. Cheeseburgers, stealing signs, and informal scouting…can’t make this shit up. Michigan v Everybody
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:49 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

Wrong again.
Nope. There is a 1994 rule that says you can't travel AND record a game as a cost savings rule. For a person who claims to be a fan, you're awfully willing to shit on the program without applying ANY critical thinking.
And the allegation is that they traveled and recorded the games to steal the signs. Did you think they read smoke signals emenating from another stadium all the way from Ann Arbor? You don’t even need critical thinking for that one. You just need 1+1=2

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:23 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:10 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:49 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
craig11152 wrote:

Wrong again.
And the allegation is that they traveled and recorded the games to steal the signs. Did you think they read smoke signals emenating from another stadium all the way from Ann Arbor? You don’t even need critical thinking for that one. You just need 1+1=2
No, it is not. You don't even have a grasp on basic facts of the story.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic