Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The death of MSU football

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: The death of MSU football

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:53 pm

Beat you by seconds, Matt.

Mel has been fired

The censorship king from out of state.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:56 pm

Well done by MSU administration. Turn the page for the kids in the program and let them focus on their season.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:11 pm

It's amazing how differences in opinion and politics can turn a hard core U of M fan into an MSU defender.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:21 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:53 pm
Beat you by seconds, Matt.

Mel has been fired
Suspended pending a hearing
Michigan State football coach Mel Tucker is facing a hearing next month over allegations that he sexually harassed activist and rape survivor Brenda Tracy during a phone call last year, according to USA Today.

Michigan State hired an outside Title IX attorney to investigate the complaint and the investigation concluded in July, according to the report published Sunday.

A hearing is scheduled for Oct. 5-6 to determine if Tucker violated the school’s sexual harassment and exploitation policy, USA Today reported.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:25 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:11 pm
It's amazing how differences in opinion and politics can turn a hard core U of M fan into an MSU defender.
My observation is that while there is a lot of the normal ribbing and agitation between school partisans here, most have the ability to discern the difference between that and when something that actually matters is going on.

Title IX stuff, especially when it comes to protecting the privacy of those that file claims, is serious business dealing with the feds. When the dust settles, I'm betting you'll see that MSU did things the right way to protect Tracy's right to privacy and then take swift action when she herself revealed the details. At any rate, I guarantee that MSU's lawyers were on this from the day she filed her complaint and they were the ones dictating the university's response.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:34 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:25 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
My observation is that while there is a lot of the normal ribbing and agitation between school partisans here, most have the ability to discern the difference between that and when something that actually matters is going on.

Title IX stuff, especially when it comes to protecting the privacy of those that file claims, is serious business dealing with the feds. When the dust settles, I'm betting you'll see that MSU did things the right way to protect Tracy's right to privacy and then take swift action when she herself revealed the details. At any rate, I guarantee that MSU's lawyers were on this from the day she filed her complaint and they were the ones dictating the university's response.
Maybe. But the investigation was completed in July. Why wasn't Mel suspended then? Get ahead of the story and control the narrative. It wasn't until the story broke yesterday that they took action.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:37 pm

I struggle with that.

If you suspend / fire the guy before you can say why, the chances of blowing her cover escalate astronomically.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:40 pm

Presser on BTN at the top of the hour

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:42 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:34 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:25 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:

Maybe. But the investigation was completed in July. Why wasn't Mel suspended then? Get ahead of the story and control the narrative. It wasn't until the story broke yesterday that they took action.
I'm genuinely curious about what has been going on there in general. You have an interim president that took the unusual step of moving into the on campus president's house who recently announced she didn't want the permanent job, and you have Trustees who seemingly can't get their shit together. Who is running the show there?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:47 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Since this is a veiled shot at me, I will say that it's pathetic that a Trump ballwasher can't comprehend that politics don't dictate opinions in every facet of everyday life.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:03 pm

The news conference either isn't being televised or is behind schedule.

Mel has been suspended with pay.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:04 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:03 pm
The news conference either isn't being televised or is behind schedule.

They can't even tell time correctly.

"Let's see....when one of the mouses hands is on the five, and the other...."

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:09 pm

The press conference is on WWJ 950. BTN doesn't have its shit together.

WDIV is running it live, too.

WXYZ is carrying some normally scheduled touchy feely filler show with tiny ratings.

62 and 2 are carrying NFL football.

I was mistaken a moment ago; he's been suspended WITHOUT pay, per the A.D.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:13 pm

So, almost fired. Meh.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:15 pm

Some schlub at BTN finally woke up and switched to the press conference.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic