Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The death of MSU football

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Realist

Re: The death of MSU football

Post by Realist » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:37 pm

After reading that article, 2 things come to mind:

1 - Why is the investigation into this complaint taking so long?

2 - If Moo U wants to look credible and not like they’re covering this up like the Nassar fiasco, they HAVE TO fire him immediately given these allegations

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:40 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:37 pm

2 - If Moo U wants to look credible and not like they’re covering this up like the Nassar fiasco, they HAVE TO fire him immediately given these allegations
What if they do that and it comes out that the whole thing WAS consensual and she just changed her mind and decided to accuse him after their relationship soured or something?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:46 pm

Even if it was consensual, which I highly doubt, the decision making of Tucker to get involved into this situation is enough to can him in my eyes. Sexually harassing a university contracted sexual harassment consultant is some next level idiocy.

Go to hell, Mel.
Last edited by Honeyman on Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The censorship king from out of state.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:50 pm

The point is, TC Talks, is that I agree that women should avoid MSU, especially athletes, unless they know about the longstanding behavior associated with it. If enough women don't go there, the administration will change the atmosphere very quickly. The most serious students go elsewhere already.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:52 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:50 pm
The point is, TC Talks, is that I agree that women should avoid MSU, especially athletes, unless they know about the longstanding behavior associated with it. If enough women don't go there, the administration will change the atmosphere very quickly.
Because back in the 70s, you knew a guy who would go to MSU to get laid. Okay.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:58 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:52 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:50 pm
The point is, TC Talks, is that I agree that women should avoid MSU, especially athletes, unless they know about the longstanding behavior associated with it. If enough women don't go there, the administration will change the atmosphere very quickly.
Because back in the 50s, you knew a guy who would go to MSU to get laid. Okay.
FIFY.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:59 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:40 pm
Realist wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:37 pm

What if they do that and it comes out that the whole thing WAS consensual and she just changed her mind and decided to accuse him after their relationship soured or something?
He admits to trying phone sex with a sex abuse survivor and paid consultant by the university on this subject? He’s married in the first place. They didn’t talk for a few months and it was apparent he was retaliating against her by canceling a meeting. This doesn’t pass the smell test for HIM.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:12 pm

Tuck goin’…
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:13 pm

I saw her photo in the Detroit News. All I can say is Mel's taste in women is very different from my own.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:05 pm

A lot of women are going to more morally conservative colleges already. Some are Christian associated colleges. Not saying shenanigans don't happen there, but much less than MSU. Some people I know who graduated from MSU had to go back to schools like Walsh to get a marketable degree, sometimes years later.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:06 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:05 pm
A lot of women are going to more morally conservative colleges already. Some are Christian associated colleges. Not saying shenanigans don't happen there, but much less than MSU. Some people I know who graduated from MSU had to go back to schools like Walsh to get a marketable degree, sometimes years later.
You are fake news, like your hero.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:16 pm

I mean, Jesus Christ, Ben. Even in a thread about a terrible situation which has thrown a major college into tailspin, a woman who may be a victim, a woman who was crusading against these kinds of things, a coach who is on the hot seat and a major football program in trouble, somehow you have to find some kind of "I knew a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy that might have..." anecdotal story to throw in just to be able to say "I'm right". You really gotta give it a rest. Let's talk to Jim Bakker and Creflo Dollar about how high and mighty they are.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:22 pm

AD and interim president to provide a football update at 5 today.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:39 pm

Per sources Harlon Barnett is the MSU interim coach and Mark Dantonio is back as well

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:39 pm

Harlon Barnett back as interm coach, Dantonio back as well in some capacity. Announcment at 5pm.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic