All new acct registrations in the queue as of 7/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Jeff Blashill needs to be fired ASAP

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Jeff Blashill needs to be fired ASAP

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:46 am

How on earth does this clown still have a job???

Holland needs to be thrown out on his ass, too. We do not need Clueless Ken hiring the next coach or making any more horrendous draft selections.

R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

NS8401

Re: Jeff Blashill needs to be fired ASAP

Post by NS8401 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:49 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:46 am
How on earth does this clown still have a job???

Holland needs to be thrown out on his ass, too. We do not need Clueless Ken hiring the next coach or making any more horrendous draft selections.
How often does a team score double digits in hockey anyways? It’s not too often me thinks...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:51 am

Worst defeat for the Red Wings (in terms of goal differential) in more than 30 years!

SoupySez

Post by SoupySez » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Their worst defeat ever was January 2, 1971. They lost to the Leafs in Toronto, 13-0. Game was on tv and I watched it. Back then it was agonizing. It was the beginning of Darkness With Harkenss.

80ssports

Post by 80ssports » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:50 pm

He'll have Byslma looking over his shoulder this season.....waiting in the wings for the call

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:14 pm

I have season tiks to U-M hockey and have had some conversations with scouts from the NHL. They stand up in the endzone to watch the prospects and or draft picks to see how they are progressing. Some won't give you the time of day, but some will be quite open as to what they are looking for in a player.
One scout who is a former NCAA D-1 level coach who when I asked about the Red Wings and it's coach. He said, "I hope they give him a chance, he is real good developing young players." He also said that he felt that the Wings needed a couple years to re-stock the farm teams that got depleted when they were trading young for established players to make a run for the cup.
I guess I will trust a guy who's paid to watch this game 12 months a year than just my gut feeling.

PS Mike Sullivan who is now the head coach at Pittsburg was one of the nicest one's I ever chatted with. He even came by my group of friends a month later to say Hi! Then a month later he got the job in the Penguins organization.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:53 am

tapeisrolling wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:14 pm
I have season tiks to U-M hockey and have had some conversations with scouts from the NHL. They stand up in the endzone to watch the prospects and or draft picks to see how they are progressing. Some won't give you the time of day, but some will be quite open as to what they are looking for in a player.
One scout who is a former NCAA D-1 level coach who when I asked about the Red Wings and it's coach. He said, "I hope they give him a chance, he is real good developing young players." He also said that he felt that the Wings needed a couple years to re-stock the farm teams that got depleted when they were trading young for established players to make a run for the cup.
I guess I will trust a guy who's paid to watch this game 12 months a year than just my gut feeling.

PS Mike Sullivan who is now the head coach at Pittsburg was one of the nicest one's I ever chatted with. He even came by my group of friends a month later to say Hi! Then a month later he got the job in the Penguins organization.
Blashill's history indicates he should be successful eventually. His issue is his boss is probably one of the worst GMs in the league when he doesn't have an open unlimited checkbook and the best or second best coach in the history of the game (I think Scotty considers Toe Blake the best).

Also, I don't know that Bylsma is a real threat. He flamed out pretty quickly in Buffalo.

80ssports

Post by 80ssports » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:07 am

I think Holland values his young guys way too much. All we heard when Blashill took over was about the young guys in Grand Rapids. They turned up to be no big deal. I also did not agree with some of the bigger contracts he handed out to guys. But to say worst GM in the league??? C'mon assembling the pieces for those Stanley Cup runs was no small task. I guess a "what have you done for me lately" applies to the worst GM in the league as you say

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Holland values young guys too much????

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

If Holland valued young guys so much, then how do you explain a decade of mostly TERRIBLE FA signings? How do you explain all of the awful contracts for underperformers currently on the team? Why do you bring Vanek back this year (I actually like that signing) and why do you extend Green? Holland would be in a much better position if the Wings had undergone a youth movement 5-8 years ago, but he has been super resistant.

In terms of the Cup teams, he was named GM after the first cup and certainly doesn't get any credit for keeping it together for 98. That credit goes almost exclusively to Scotty. Also, if you think the blank check he had for that 2002 team earns him an amount of credit... I have no words...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:11 am

You summed up Mr. Holland's shortcomings beautifully, Matt. He should've been fired long ago.

His draft was decent this year (great players fell right into his lap), but the contract extension he gave to Mike Green is completely unacceptable. That is way too rich of a contract for a guy of that caliber and age.

Is Holland the worst GM in the league? Not sure, but he's certainly a contender for that honor!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic