Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 11-14-2017 at 8:00p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

Want to know Buzzboard readers' thoughts on the Cumulus debt restructuring proposal? Check out the thread in the "Broadcasting - General" forum!

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

The Great O'Kornholio!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
NS8401

Re: The Great O'Kornholio!

Post by NS8401 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:51 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:00 am
There is talk that Wisconsin would not make the CFP even if they go undefeated. That's a terrible schedule. Of course, the CFP rankings have 3 loss Iowa and 3 loss Northwestern, but not 2 loss Michigan.
Yeah... we don’t have a track record worth paying attention to...

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:21 am

Michigan will undoubtedly make their first appearance in the CFP rankings after this weekend. They'll definitely move into the top 20 in the AP and Coaches polls. They have a fighting chance to win the next two weeks, but it won't be easy.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:27 am

Michigan still has a shot of getting to the Big Ten title game, but a lot has to happen:
Michigan has to beat Wisconsin and Ohio State
Penn State and Michigan State have to drop at least one game
If all of this were to happen, Michigan and OSU would be tied at 7-2 in B1G play, with PSU and MSU at 6-3 (Michigan would have H2H over OSU)

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:52 pm

True they are still "alive" on paper like a baseball team 9 games back with 10 to go.
Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:34 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:21 am
Michigan will undoubtedly make their first appearance in the CFP rankings after this weekend. They'll definitely move into the top 20 in the AP and Coaches polls. They have a fighting chance to win the next two weeks, but it won't be easy.
19th in the AP and Wisconsin is 5th. We are 7.5 point underdogs...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:30 am

At this point as a Michigan fan my hope/best case scenario is a 3 loss season and maybe sneak in to a top 10 finish in one of the polls.
Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:21 am
18th in the Coaches
24th in the CFP rankings...

Above us are:
5 Wisconsin
9 Ohio State
10 Penn State
17 Michigan State
23 Northwestern

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:32 am

I have no idea how today's game is going to unfold, however 10-7 seems to be the score I've had in my head all week. First to 10 wins?

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:54 am

I think we CAN win but I'm not thinking we will win. Maybe that's my defense mechanism so I won't be disappointed.
I keep hearing the 97.1 talking heads say Wisconsin is overrated because they haven't played anyone good. To me all the weak schedule says is we don't know how good they are.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:29 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:30 am
At this point as a Michigan fan my hope/best case scenario is a 3 loss season and maybe sneak in to a top 10 finish in one of the polls.
Make that a 4 loss season as long as the bowl God's give us a team we can beat.....a 6-6 MAC team?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:53 pm

I'll give Matt some credit; one team DID score 10 points today.

Now, watch U-M defeat the Buckeyes. The Michigan fans (myself included) will all be saying - "...If we had only taken care of business against MSU at home!"
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:08 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:53 pm
Now, watch U-M defeat the Buckeyes. The Michigan fans (myself included) will all be saying - "...If we had only taken care of business against MSU at home!"
I no longer have any hope of a win next week. Not unless there is a QB we haven't seen who can hit receivers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Here are the goofy tie breaker rules in the event three or more teams in the same division finish with the same record:
If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 8 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step (or sub-step), the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative. If three or more teams remain tied after any step, move to next step in tiebreaker with remaining tied teams.

1. The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other.

2. The records of the three tied teams will be compared within their division.

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5, 6, and 7).
(a) When arriving at a group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group, rather than record against the individual teams.

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

5. The best cumulative conference winning percentage of non-divisional opponents.
(a) Example: East 1 non-divisional opponents are 20-7, East 2 non-divisional opponents are 19-8, East 3 non-divisional opponents are 14-13 – East 1 would be the representative.

6. The records of the three teams will be compared against the highest placed non-divisional teams in their division order of finish (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7).

(a) When arriving at a group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group, rather than record against the individual teams.

(b) When comparing records against a single team or a group of teams, the record will prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e. 1-0 is better than 0-0, 2-0 is better than 1-0, etc.)

7. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.

8. The representative will be chosen by random draw.
Let's assume Penn State and MSU win out and Ohio State loses next weekend. Under that scenario, Penn State would get the nod, since they would have only two losses for the total season whereas MSU and Ohio State would have three each.

Now, if both Penn State and Ohio State lose and MSU wins next weekend, only Ohio State and MSU would be tied atop the Big Ten east division. In that case, Ohio State would get the nod since they defeated MSU last weekend.

If all three lose next weekend (assuming all three win this weekend), then Ohio State would stand alone atop the Big Ten East.

For Michigan State to have a shot of winning the East, they need to win this week and next week, need Ohio State to lose their last two games (won't happen - Illinois is HORRIBLE), and need Penn State to lose at least one of their last two games.

Source: http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/a ... 11aaa.html
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:24 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:53 pm
I'll give Matt some credit; one team DID score 10 points today.

We couldn’t do anything today... forget it..

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Michigan scored 17 points and had 7 taken away. Block in the back not called on punt return, should have been 14-0 at the half. No call on dirty hit that took out Peters where you could have called roughing OR unnecessary roughness. Hopefully Speight or Peters can go next week. We're taking our lumps this year.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:53 pm
Michigan scored 17 points and had 7 taken away. Block in the back not called on punt return, should have been 14-0 at the half. No call on dirty hit that took out Peters where you could have called roughing OR unnecessary roughness. Hopefully Speight or Peters can go next week. We're taking our lumps this year.
You mean the one that all the guys in the radio booth said looked clean?

Look... if almost points counted for anything besides whining on this board then the lions would be undefeated and have tons more playoff appearances...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic