Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 5-23-2017 at 5:15p ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

K-Rod SUCKS

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

K-Rod SUCKS

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 07, 2017 7:38 am

This is Joe Nathan all over again!!! This putz has already cost the Tigers FOUR victories in this young season!!!

Instead of 19-10 or 18-11, this team is instead 15-14.

Disgusting!!!
102.9 The Hog in Milwaukee KICKS ASS!!! Love the 90's weekends. (The playlist during the work week is damn good, too!)

Howard Jones

Re: K-Rod SUCKS

Post by Howard Jones » Sun May 07, 2017 11:06 am

This is on Avila.

Loyalty is nice, but it doesn't win games with guys that can no longer perform at an MLB level.

Puts Ausmus in a no-win situation. He could bench him, but then that puts too much load on a bullpen that's already too thin.
Things can only get better

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Sun May 07, 2017 7:50 pm

And Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Sun May 07, 2017 10:39 pm

originalzzmfmjock wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 7:50 pm
And Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to DL or DFA K-Rod

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 14, 2017 10:11 am

Justin Wilson, in his first save opportunity since being handed the closer's role, struck out Danny Espinoza, Martin Maldonado and Cliff Pennington to end the night. He did not need to be reminded the ever-dangerous Mike Trout was hitting fourth that inning.

“You don’t want to get to him,” said Wilson, whose fastball was sitting at 97 mph. “The guy is who is he for a reason; he’s a great hitter. I didn’t have to face him. Once I got two outs and Pennington was up, I am going right after him.
Great job, Justin!!!

This also goes to show what a friggin' MORON Brad Ausmus is. He had doubts as to whether or not Justin Wilson could handle the role. In a very high leverage situation, Wilson looked terrific.
102.9 The Hog in Milwaukee KICKS ASS!!! Love the 90's weekends. (The playlist during the work week is damn good, too!)

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Wed May 17, 2017 10:36 am

K-Rod was trotted out in the 13th inning last night and he promptly gave up the go-ahead HR to Chris Davis. It's time to get rid of him completely. The season is only about a quarter through and K-Rod already has five losses (in 14 1/3 innings), which is tied for the MLB lead!

tvradiojunkie

Post by tvradiojunkie » Wed May 17, 2017 11:59 am

I agree. Granted by that time, the only one left in the bullpen was Sanchez, who wouldn't have been much better. When they didn't get the walk-off hit in the 12th, I knew they were going to lose.
Last edited by tvradiojunkie on Wed May 17, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Howard Jones

Post by Howard Jones » Wed May 17, 2017 4:17 pm

The money argument (you have to pay K-Fraud and Sanchez to get rid of them) doesn't fly with me. You sell fewer tickets / beer / hot dogs because people aren't (or shouldn't) going to buy tickets to see that garbage.

Earn your paycheck Al Avila - suck it up and dump those guys and figure out some serviceable replacements pronto. If he can't fix it, or at least make it less of an auto-loss when those guys come in, he should be gone.
Things can only get better

format this

Post by format this » Wed May 17, 2017 6:56 pm

Keep in mind Wilson blew the save in the 9th. Face it, the entire pen has issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

tvradiojunkie

Post by tvradiojunkie » Wed May 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Yep, a 2 out homer. Still, he's the best 9th inning option right now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic