Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

As the repack continues, TVFool still doesn't have an updated transmitter database. What's going to happen?

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
F-Squared

As the repack continues, TVFool still doesn't have an updated transmitter database. What's going to happen?

Post by F-Squared » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:23 pm

It hasn't been updated since January 2017. With the repack here, it would be wise to stop trusting it so much due to inaccuracy. Any alternatives, perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RingtailedFox

Re: As the repack continues, TVFool still doesn't have an updated transmitter database. What's going to happen?

Post by RingtailedFox » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:01 pm

I thought Rabbitears.Info has an experimental transmitter database up and running for just this reason...

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

F-Squared

Re: As the repack continues, TVFool still doesn't have an updated transmitter database. What's going to happen?

Post by F-Squared » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:35 pm

RingtailedFox wrote:I thought Rabbitears.Info has an experimental transmitter database up and running for just this reason...
Really? I can't find it. Please do link it here.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:35 pm

RingtailedFox wrote:here ya go! https://www.rabbitears.info/searchmap.php
Thank you so much! For some reason, I find their website really hard to navigate.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:36 pm

However, I'm a bit concerned because they don't list Canadian stations.

RingtailedFox

Post by RingtailedFox » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:51 am

I don't think many, if any Canadian stations are changing their broadcast locations because of very strict CRTC regulations on the matter. We try to keep our radio and television stations spaced very far apart to minimize interference and any new facilities or changes tend to be a pain to get authorized. Expect most to be in-place upgrades, like at the CN Tower in Toronto, for example.

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:23 pm

F-Squared wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:23 pm
It hasn't been updated since January 2017. With the repack here, it would be wise to stop trusting it so much due to inaccuracy. Any alternatives, perhaps?

Incompetence through absence.

Online TV program guide "TVTV.us", which I've been using for years, still gives me TV program guide for WHTV Jackson.

They've been off the air for 2 years, after they sold their spectrum in the auction.

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:15 pm

I have not been too interested in TV but FM Fool has been pretty accurate. I use it to make a list, when we go camping around the state , to predict what I will likely hear out in the woods.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic