All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Derma Suction

A forum devoted to the Advertising Industry. A place not just to discuss the ads you see & hear, but also the business side of the industry.
Turkeytop

Derma Suction

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:51 am

Seen the ads for Derma Suction? It's a device for treating facial acne and blackheads It's one of those "As Seen on TV" products, you order by calling the number on the screen. But wait. There's more. The ad is one of the most disgusting ads on TV. The entire ad is just video images of someone sucking all the pus and putrescence from their face, using the device. :barf :barf

tapeisrolling

Re: Derma Suction

Post by tapeisrolling » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:55 pm

I'll hold my money till I see Dr. Pimple Popper endorse it........ not!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:51 pm

I haven't seen the ad for about a week now. I wonder if so many people complained, they pulled it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:42 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:51 pm
I haven't seen the ad for about a week now. I wonder if so many people complained, they pulled it.

No such luck. It was on again tonight.

Otter Mii-kun

Post by Otter Mii-kun » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Seems as if the vast majority of those 'As Seen on TV' products that are pitched day and night are nothing but overly-glorified piles of garbage. What's worse is that sometimes, the only infomercials that a station will ever run for a period of time are for the exact same product (one example I can think of from several years ago is that "no!no!" hair removal device).

Isn't it nice how deregulation has brought us such oversized and dangerously overleveraged broadcast owners? (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Sinclair, Nexstar, Cume-U-Less, and iFart!)

KC8YQQ

Post by KC8YQQ » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:45 am

I saw this commercial again last week while eating. :barf

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic