Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 9-17-2017 at 1:30p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Charter Spectrum Commercial

A forum devoted to the Advertising Industry. A place not just to discuss the ads you see & hear, but also the business side of the industry.
TheForce

Charter Spectrum Commercial

Post by TheForce » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:37 pm

originalzzmfmjock

Re: Charter Spectrum Commercial

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Everytime that damned thing comes on, I immediately change the station. Worse than annoying.

kager

Post by kager » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:40 am

Bing.

95% of this company's ads fit into at least the 'annoying' category, and perhaps due to some sort of trade agreement with local stations, they seem to play more often than lawyer, political (when in season), prescription drug and automotive ads combined...

Tune-out indeed. The local channels on Spectrum systems' viewership must be affected adversely by this constant barrage of promotion. Possibly worse is the fact that their 'bundles' pricing bandied about in their ads are a sham.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Otter Mii-kun

Post by Otter Mii-kun » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:03 pm

No wonder I've always thought most of their ads were cheesy, especially the ones that have actors singing. Doesn't help that Charter now has such a grip on most of Michigan as far as cable operations go.
Isn't it nice how deregulation has brought us such oversized and dangerously overleveraged broadcast owners? (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Sinclair, Nexstar, Cume-U-Less, and iFart!)

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:49 pm

Otter Mii-kun wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:03 pm
No wonder I've always thought most of their ads were cheesy, especially the ones that have actors singing. Doesn't help that Charter now has such a grip on most of Michigan as far as cable operations go.
From a subscribers standpoint, I think Comcast still has them beat as Comcast has most of the big cities (most of the Detroit area, Grand Rapids and its inner suburbs, Lansing/East Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Flint are all Comcast).

If the Comcast/Time Warner merger had gone through, most of Comcast's Michigan territory would have gone to Charter, with only its far SW Michigan systems (Benton Harbor/St. Joseph, Niles, Dowagiac) remaining Comcast.

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:32 am

Just call 1-844-644-2

NINE! NINE! NINE!

NEIN! NEIN! NEIN! BASTARDS!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu May 25, 2017 1:00 pm

Charter also spends a ton of cash on direct mail advertising. We get at least one piece of junk mail from them every week.

Perhaps if they invested the money servicing existing customers that they spend on getting new customers, they wouldn't have to look so hard for new customers.
I'm not a partisan - I'm just here for the free doughnuts!

Otter Mii-kun

Post by Otter Mii-kun » Fri May 26, 2017 11:34 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 1:00 pm
Charter also spends a ton of cash on direct mail advertising. We get at least one piece of junk mail from them every week.

Perhaps if they invested the money servicing existing customers that they spend on getting new customers, they wouldn't have to look so hard for new customers.
One would think, if it weren't for the excessive advertising and promotion of teaser "introductory" rates for new customers far below the standard rates for existing customers, it might result in necessary investments into improving their infrastructure and/or lower rates for the rest of the customer base.
Isn't it nice how deregulation has brought us such oversized and dangerously overleveraged broadcast owners? (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Sinclair, Nexstar, Cume-U-Less, and iFart!)

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:53 am

Otter Mii-kun wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 11:34 pm
One would think, if it weren't for the excessive advertising and promotion of teaser "introductory" rates for new customers far below the standard rates for existing customers, it might result in necessary investments into improving their infrastructure and/or lower rates for the rest of the customer base.
Whoa there! You're getting dangerously close to making sense. :lol
I'm not a partisan - I'm just here for the free doughnuts!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic