Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Banned songs

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
matt1

Re: Banned songs

Post by matt1 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:04 am

Carmen, Clapton & this, CARTMAN from "South Park" kicks mom out of house!!! https://www.youtube.com/shorts/L_sgDgpqE3o My late mom (like Cartman's mom) who died of dementia back on February 22, 2016 at 82 years old got so damn upset with me because I went to Cleveland ALL BY MYSELF to see The Razzies, The Knack & the "Tribute To Bruce Springsteen" at Scene Pavillion on Friday, July 15, 2005. I did had a damn great time back then as well as "The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum" & ate at the "Hard Rock Cafe" on Saturday, July 16, 2005 & then I went home for good & got home Saturday night at 11:40. One of my friends from the Eric Carmen Message Board paid for the hotel room at Hampton Inn downtown!!! NO I did not run away from home so I surprised my family on Sunday afternoon, July 17, 2005!!!! NO, Carmen did NOT do any of his solo material!!!!!

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:51 pm

Newspaper & their comeback return after a 29 & 1/2 year absent!! https://ericcarmen.com/forums/index.php ... niversary/

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:11 pm

Olivia Newton-John's "Physical" was banned or censored by a number of radio stations in 1981. The video changed the theme of the song from sex to exercise, but created its own controversy when two of the guys ONJ is lusting after in the gym walk off holding hands, and that bit was often cut in TV broadcasts.
I actually kind of wonder if the censorship contributed in a roundabout way to the song spending ten weeks at #1. On Radio & Records' airplay-only chart, "Physical" stalled at #2. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the kids who bought the single did so to spite their parents who didn't want them listening to it. It's a guilty pleasure for me, but it doesn't sound like 10-weeks-at-#1 material and it isn't even close to being ONJ's best song (IMO that would be "Magic").

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:42 am

The ONJ "Physical" was banned from the state of Utah in early 1982!!

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:29 am

matt1 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:42 am
The ONJ "Physical" was banned from the state of Utah in early 1982!!
Evansville (Indiana) Press, 11/10/81

Olivia's record banned in Utah

A hit record by singer Olivia Newton-John has been banned by two Utah radio stations, including one owned by the Mormon Church because it contains “suggestive” lyrics. The song “Physical” is No. 14 on the Hot 100 chart in Billboard Magazine. KFMY-FM in Provo pulled the record off the air after receiving complaints about Miss Newton-John's “Let's Get Physical." KSL-AM in Salt Lake City decided not to include the record in its lineup because of the contents. "The lyrics are more suggestive than most songs,” KSL program manager George Lemich said. “It goes the one additional step.” KFMY Program Director Jim Sumpter said, “Once the words sank in it caused an uncomfortableness among listeners."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic