Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

D-Day Celebration

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: D-Day Celebration

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:26 am

If you really understood the sacred commemoration of D Day - you would not use the sacrifices of millions of men, women, boys, and girls (military, organized civilian resistance, individual civilian resistance) to further your personal “bad cops” crusade.

It’s important to expose police brutality, but please don’t segue from the D Day solemn commemorations to any other personal, political, or pop culture “wars” you are fighting.

Let a sacred commemoration stand alone. ALL focus on that day, those lives, and their historic heroism.

Otherwise on this day - you use them.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:53 pm

Another post from someone who does not want to be taken seriously. I believe there are many people on this board who would back your efforts to monitor police abuse, but find it difficult to support you when you post things like this.
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:09 am
75 years ago, brave Americans fought against tyranny.

Today, brave Americans still fight against bullies with badges.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:41 pm

screen glare wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:26 am
If you really understood the sacred commemoration of D Day - you would not use the sacrifices of millions of men, women, boys, and girls (military, organized civilian resistance, individual civilian resistance) to further your personal “bad cops” crusade.

It’s important to expose police brutality, but please don’t segue from the D Day solemn commemorations to any other personal, political, or pop culture “wars” you are fighting.

Let a sacred commemoration stand alone. ALL focus on that day, those lives, and their historic heroism.

Otherwise on this day - you use them.

Well stated...while we don't often see eye to eye it happens a bit more than I acknowledge.

I no longer directly engage trolls

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Both politically conservative and politically liberal Americans stand as one - when facing both their and others annihilation at the hands of pure evil. Often later - rather than early. But when they’ve see enough - they act - against all odds - as a mighty force for good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic