Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Is Bill McAllister voicetracking mornings at 106.7 Fake Wheels?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mega Hertz

Re: Is Bill McAllister voicetracking mornings at 106.7 Fake Wheels?

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 pm

Thanks, MW.

I would like to take a moment to be fair to WCSX. Credit where it's due. They do have tendency to pull out an "oh wow" cut from time to time.

Not too long ago, during a double shot, they played "Love Walks In" by VH, a Sammy ballad from 5150. As a H*** fan of Hagar era VH, it was a nice touch. Then just today, they played "Out in the Cold" by Tom Petty, which was on its way up the charts moments before grunge hit. The occasional song that isn't one of the old warhorses doesn't hurt. I don't expect a deep cut or forgotten album track every 15 minutes, but a surprise every now and then is welcomed and appreciated.

I'll never forget the time I walked into the studio just as KC was playing (scheduled) "Muscle of Love" by Alice Cooper, another major favorite artist of mine. Stunned doesn't even begin to describe it. Or when Dave Doran and I debated if "Calling Dr. Love" by KISS was scheduled by accident. "I'm gonna play it...I'm gonna play it...". It was like we were little kids daring each other to do something stupid. You shouldn't be that amazed when you see a different song on the playlist because it's so rare. Like I said, it doesn't need to be every 5th song, but throwing a bone can't hurt that bad.

Caught a Shaffee break tonight that lasted over a minute about Huey Lewis and the News, and he apparently digs Huey Lewis AND the News, but doesn't care if they ever make another album, so long as they can play live...come on, man. I know it's Sunday night at 9:30, but help me out here. I thought the point of stopping the music was to have a point?

I guess I can't argue with the 7.8 share, though. Here's hoping Wheels can somehow make inroads and start changing the formatics a little bit. Have a point to your break.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:33 pm

deadend wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:01 pm
Bill McCallster? The same asshole that was on 97.1? 🤮 how’d he get another job in radio, let alone in this market??? Well, thanks for the heads up. I now know when to avoid that station.
I believe that he was the programming director or something similar at 97.1 WKRK back before it went to talk. He also hosted a local music show called Hamtrack House Party. It was 20 years ago, so I barely remember. He grew up in Warren, so it's nice having a true Detroiter on the radio. Drew would've been nothing without Mike being a local guy from Rochester.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:40 pm

I like Bill, He’s a nice down to earth guy, Great Dude.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:28 pm

He grew up in Warren, so it's nice having a true Detroiter on the radio.
LOL - all he does is read liner cards!!!
Drew would've been nothing without Mike being a local guy from Rochester.
Now, THIS I agree with. Drew & Zip were a ratings dud. Without Mike Clark, the dynasty would've never happened.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic