Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Following Out-of-Market Sports Teams Difficult

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Deleted User 4520

Following Out-of-Market Sports Teams Difficult

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:01 pm

I have found that following a team(s) other than your home teams to be difficult to follow. Chances are you are not going to be able to watch many games other than those that happen to be nationally televised or if the home team is playing them. Sure you could subscribe to a sports package but that just isn't economical for many people. Looking at highlights or internet coverage just isn't the same as watching a game and really following. Non local teams will rarely be covered on the sports segment on your local news. Thoughts?

craig11152

Re: Following Out-of-Market Sports Teams Difficult

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:54 pm

Other than watching the game live anything else you can get on the Internet.

My thought is you have unreasonable expections if you hope to have all the perks of a local team.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:15 pm

TheForce wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:01 pm
I have found that following a team(s) other than your home teams to be difficult to follow. Chances are you are not going to be able to watch many games other than those that happen to be nationally televised or if the home team is playing them. Sure you could subscribe to a sports package but that just isn't economical for many people. Looking at highlights or internet coverage just isn't the same as watching a game and really following. Non local teams will rarely be covered on the sports segment on your local news. Thoughts?
My best recommendation would be to try a site that will allow you to pirate stream the games through a mirror.... if you have an iPhone or a Mac it’s better for blocking any viruses contained threin... but it does work well... I use VIPBox myself... usually you can get home and away broadcasts too...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Mac + Apple TV + Reddit = just about anything.

I use the NHL app to watch the Capitals on Roku. The only blackout is when they play the Red Wings

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:11 pm

I live in California and see more MSU games than when I went to school there....granted that was MANY years ago. Still, as a Spartan fan, literally every football and basketball game is available to me between the networks, ESPN and BTN.

The censorship king from out of state.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:33 pm

That’s why I gladly pay for the SiriusXM streaming package. I can stream all the Tigers games on my phone. I moved to Cleveland a few years ago for work and it’s also nice because of the Tigers are playing the Indians, I can watch the game and stream so I don’t have to listen to the Cleveland bias during the game.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:03 pm

Three words.

First Row Sports.

SoupySez

Post by SoupySez » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:00 am

I only subscribe to one sports pkg and that's NHLtv. It's only about $135 for the season and I get to see any game. Of course, I watch the Wings on FSD, but I like watching hockey period and will watch any game that might be on, though games that are televised on NBCSports and NHL Network are blacked out on NHLtv, but there's still plenty to watch. And I use my Roku Ultra on a 4K UHD to watch and the picture and sound are great.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:29 pm

Sirius XM. Can listen to every game of every team in all four major professional sports leagues. Spend the extra money for internet streaming ability. Each team's games are VERY easy to find when you use the SXM smartphone app.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic