Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Separation of Church and State restored

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Separation of Church and State restored

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:30 pm
Spare me your outrage heathen. I am anti-hypocrisy not anti-Christian. Religion in Evangelical Christianity is to a Chinese Buffett in Flint what Christianity is to dinner in Bejing. It's bastardized completely. So get off the high horse about attacks against it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_7:15
For the record I am not an evangelical. I will point out though that just over 1/4 of the US population identifies as such, so to call 80 million Americans "sheep" and accuse that many people of bastardizing a religion is indeed bigotry.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:38 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:30 pm
What is the federal standard? Let's go with that. I really am not that concerned as it's the business of a pregnant woman.
So in your view, a pregnant woman bears absolutely no responsibility whatsoever for having engaged in the act that got her pregnant to begin with? Got it.

Oh, and since you support federal standards, I presume you're also against the illegal state legalization of marijuana.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:43 pm

BMW, we are speaking about women's rights. My opinions really don't matter. It isn't your business either.
bastardizing a religion is indeed bigotry.
so no more making fun of any belief correct? Because there are faith-based organizations that are 100% supportive of women's rights including abortion.

In that case, Nessel's actions are protecting religious freedom unlike the bigot bill schuette.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Please explain to me how discarding an already-born baby that is no longer inside of a mother has anything whatsoever to do with women's rights. I'll help you - it doesn't.

I'm just curious - in your opinion, what age must a child reach before a mother no longer has a right to kill it?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:37 am

Using the logic I see written here, because I'm not a homeless person, I probably shouldn't intervene when I see a homeless person under a bridge, wrapped in blankets, in -13 cold. That is the business of the homeless person.

I guess you would call me pro-choice?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:00 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:37 am
Using the logic I see written here, because I'm not a homeless person, I probably shouldn't intervene when I see a homeless person under a bridge, wrapped in blankets, in -13 cold. That is the business of the homeless person.

I guess you would call me pro-choice?
Kind of apple to oranges given that Persons experiencing homelessness are living humans and fetuses are not by the definitions put forth by science. Honestly, the pro-life crowd seems to be the group who presses for the criminalization of persons living on the street, based on my experience with them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:34 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:00 am
...Persons experiencing homelessness are living humans and fetuses are not by the definitions put forth by science...
That is nonsense if we're talking about late third-trimester abortions. I was born 6 weeks premature. Are you suggesting that for the first 6 weeks of my life that I was not a living human being? And if not, what is the difference between me existing inside or outside of the womb? I was the same collection of cells whether I lived inside or outside of the womb for those 6 weeks.

And by the way, the court in Roe v. Wade (you know - the case that pro-choice people treat as if it were handed down by God himself) found that states can pass legislation which puts the interests of the fetus above the interests of the mother at the point of viability - which the court found to be variable on a case by case basis, but generally beginning in the third trimester.

I've said before that I won't get into abortion debates as they pertain to first or second trimester abortions because debates on that are completely pointless. But supporting allowing abortions of fetuses well beyond the point of viability, right up until the end of a healthy 9-month pregnancy is an extreme position to hold.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:57 pm

I'm not advocating anything except supporting science. If science advocates some of the conditions you outline, I am fine with it. None of this reflects how I might act, I support each person's right to make any decision that feel is right for them. Think of it as "stay out of my body".

Keep in mind, you have stated separating children from parents and caging them is totally fine. That's worse than any abortion.

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:58 pm

The answer to when life begins can be easily answered by asking when life ends.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:49 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:58 pm
That may be the biggest ambiguity I’ve ever read... try that again...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:29 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:58 pm
Pardon me...

Music is my life.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:05 am

Audiophile made an excellent point. At what point is a person declared as dead?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:05 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:05 am
Audiophile made an excellent point. At what point is a person declared as dead?
They often terminate life when there is no cognitive function. The key part is that you're usually declared dead when you are outside somebody else's body.

A better question would be: when do they issue birth certificates?

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:48 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:05 am

I notice they don't refer to them as "viable human life certificates."

To certify death, this is a criteria:
There will be no palpable central pulse and no audible heart sounds
That would lead one to believe that if those are present, it is a life.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:24 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:48 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:05 am

I notice they don't refer to them as "viable human life certificates."

To certify death, this is a criteria:
There will be no palpable central pulse and no audible heart sounds
That would lead one to believe that if those are present, it is a life.
That, and already being alive and separate from the womb.

We could go round and round for 30 pages and it's not going to change either of our minds. The reality is the law is on my side and right to life just does not have the horsepower or the majority to change it.

Thanks to Trump, the Christian agenda has shifted to the war on Christmas. Did any new pro-life candidates get elected? I know millennials simply do not have the same convictions.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic