Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CT Scan

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
stopnswop2

CT Scan

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:15 pm

Im gping for a CT Scan of my chest today with contrast.

I've never had a reaction iodine before, but last week I had a reaction to gadolinium which I've never had a reaction to either.

I'm a bit worried now, especially since I'm going to an independent imaging facility and not the hospital, due to price.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Re: CT Scan

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:46 pm

Just had my scan. No reaction yet. Wooohoo

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:53 pm

I hope it all works out for you Buddy.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Oldies 84 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:53 pm
I hope it all works out for you Buddy.
Thank you!
Scan went well, now just gotta flush the iodine out of my system.

That was the first time I had a chest CT using PE protocol, which has the contrast released into me all at once instead of slowly, so it felt like my body was litreally burning!!

I got the report already since it was stat.
No embolism, but a few curious nodules I need to follow up on with my pulmonologist

EDIT:
I looked at the images, and on the plain scout radiograph which showed my abdomen, there is stool just lining up the entire colon. I already suspected that though. I think the issue is down there since the chest images didn't show anything besides those 2 nodules, but those wouldn't cause the abdominal pain and severe breathing issues.

My EKG today showed a strange arrythmia too. That can cause chest pain and shortness of breath, but it was a very non specific finding. I already have a "Loop Recorder" in my chest that monitors for any anormal rhythms. I need to get in with my cardiologist Monday to have the data downloaded so the issue can be better pinpointed. This may explain why I've been so lightheaded and dizzy.

My low potassium level shown today can cause cardiac problems too, such as arrythmias.

I feel so overwhelmed. I'm so exhausted and fatigued and breathless and just want to sleep though. I don't have the energy to be running around to all these appointments
Last edited by stopnswop2 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:42 pm

Hope you get better my Friend.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:32 pm

I felt a lot better at the Burger King drive-thru because the most adorable guy works there. He looks tastier than the food, LOL.

He's flirty with me too when i go.
He gave me free french fries today. Mmm

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic