Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Steak and Shake gets shut down in Toledo

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 14990

Steak and Shake gets shut down in Toledo

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:09 pm

nasty ass's

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/Two- ... uR4ahuZLi4

https://www.wtol.com/article/news/local ... 8e5dfd9c0c

All I could think of was Gordon Ramsey yelling " its rotten!!"

Turkeytop

Re: Steak and Shake gets shut down in Toledo

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:50 pm

I've only been to Steak and Shake once, a number of years ago. I seem to recall it was somewhere in Kentucky. The food couldn't have been that memorable, because I don't remember it.

The only specific memory I have about the place is that of the family at the next table. After they had finished their meal, their daughter, about 12 years old, picked up all of their plates and licked them clean.

Now, it looks like those plates may have been cleaner than the plates from the dishwasher.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:20 am

The company is not doing well. Many across the country are closing, even in their home base of Indianapolis. Stories like this certainly won’t help.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:49 am

I work very strange hours, Toledo ain't exactly the city that never sleeps and so, Steak n' Shake is one of the few options available to go out to eat when I get off of work. I would eat at the one on Monroe mentioned here every few months or so. Last time I did was a little over a month ago. I sat at the counter and the manager/cook and waitress, both of whom may or may not have been under the influence of various substances. were screaming at each other trying to get a takeout order right. I waited about 15-20 minutes, I would have left but I was too tired, sore and hungry. The manager/cook asked if I'd been helped and I replied in the negative. Finally about 5 minutes later he grabbed an order pad and asked what he could get me.

"Uh, start off with a menu." I replied.

I don't think their food even tastes bad for what it is and it's pretty cheap, but yeah...I probably won't be back.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:46 am

Doesn't really matter if the Health Department gives 'em a clean slate. It's out there, and stuff like that tends to stick in people's minds.

I assume these are franchise operations, possibly the same ownership. Corporate may not be inclined to renew these franchise agreements, or they may award them to another bidder with the stipulation that the restaurants move to new locations in the general vicinity to separate them from the stigma.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:22 pm

I once read one of those customer online reviews for an I Hop restaurant in Tampa. She said the place was infested with cockroaches and one dropped from the ceiling right onto her table. When she complained to the manager, he gave her meal to her for free.

In the mind of that reviewer, the free meal redeemed the place and made it OK. 3 Stars.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:22 am

Here....have some food from a cockroach-infested restaurant....it's FREE!

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic